Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by lmortiz70 on Jan 29, 13 1:13 AM
I am not a happy camper! I purchased the game, it worked fine in the trial. I have a new puter so I know it's not a driver issue and that is an actual glitch in the game that is in need of a patch:

I found all three red eye balls in monastery, yet inventory says I have 2 and I can't progress.

At this point, I don't intend to uninstall and reinstall and lose everything when i'm three hours into the game!

This was such a good game too. If there's not going to be a patch, I guess I'll ask for a refund. Very annoying to be so involved into a game and to have this happen!

[Post New]by Nibbles999 on Jan 29, 13 1:28 AM
I hve tried everything on the game crashes/freezes page and I still get "nightmare adventures has stopped working and will be terminated" and my save gets deleted I enjoyed the first game which had no problems so I was really looking forward to this one

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 29, 13 2:41 AM
Heya Fishies,

Thanks to everyone that has already taken the time to get in touch with our Tech Support Team, we definitely appreciate your patience and cooperation!

As bfgMonongahela mentioned we're working directly with the game developers to make sure that you can all enjoy the game as soon as possible! Due to the multitude of issues though it can be difficult so it takes a bit longer than we would like.

You can definitely speed this up by contacting our Tech Support and sending them a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report if you haven't done so yet. It will help them get the game checked out so the developer can get a fix going!

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 29, 13 6:00 AM
I played the demo with the system cursor -- the custom cursor was all over the screen and unmanageable, and changes between scenes were fairly slow.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 29, 13 9:16 AM
Hey there NancySusan,

Great idea to use the system cursor instead of the custom cursor to help with those issues!

Usually making sure the video card driver is up to date can often help with cursor issues, as well as general game play.

If you'd like to try that custom cursor again, or the game scenes are still changing fairly slowly please contact contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our Reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Thanks!

bfgIzara

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Jan 29, 13 11:56 AM
I have to admit that I've really liked the game and have no regrets about purchasing it, but adding this because I think you should know about it.

On the Island, the skull mini game where you have to basically swap all blue skulls to the side touching that color gem, and the same with the red to touch the red gems... it's impossible for me to play because EVERY SINGLE skull is RED.. so I have no idea I will never win and I really hate skipping mini games.

(I did double check the walk through here in the forum to make sure I wasn't misunderstanding it, but yeah, there is a blue set, a red set, and even a gold or two.. not with mine.. ALL red

Other than that, I really loved the game.

[Post New]by BBCaT94 on Jan 29, 13 12:55 PM
lmortiz70 wrote:I found all three red eye balls in monastery, yet inventory says I have 2 and I can't progress.

At this point, I don't intend to uninstall and reinstall and lose everything when i'm three hours into the game!

This was such a good game too. If there's not going to be a patch, I guess I'll ask for a refund. Very annoying to be so involved into a game and to have this happen!

I'm having this same issue. I've been a BFG member for almost 5 years and this is the first time a game has ever glitched this badly on me. I hope there's a patch coming soon or I'm going to be asking for a refund as well.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 29, 13 5:26 PM
I didn't have any problems with the demo, and against better judgement I went ahead and bought the game. I played without difficulty up to chapter 3. Was tired, so I closed out. Tonight I decided to go back to it and lo and behold, it started me at the beginning...but total black screen with only sparkles...hint would tell me to go answer the phone in the kitchen. I uninstalled and am reinstalling it now. If it glitches again, will give up and ask for refund credit.

I know I am not the only one fed up with all of these glitchy games.

[Post New]by SyrensSong on Jan 29, 13 5:32 PM
kangaroo555 wrote:Everything was fine, no glitches or missing inventory, then got hit with "one or more of your profiles was corrupted and it was deleted." Had just finished opening the artifact? and got past the mirror. My graphics card was just updated yesterday, my computer is running fine (darned well better be, its pretty new), so guess I sit and wait for the fix. Please hurry BFG, was really loving this game!

Same exact thing happened to me as well. Same exact place in game and same corrupted and deleted profile message. No problems up until then either. So it's def the game and not your computer, or mine.

LOVE the game, hope it's fixed soon.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 29, 13 5:36 PM
Same thing happened again after re-installing, except this time, it first took me to the bunker and then flashed to the elevator, and then screen went totally black again. Hint showed a sparkle and said I needed to get the extinguisher. Of course, I couldn't do anything with a black screen. Even had to CAD to shut it down.

No these glitches and bugs are not the fault of our computers.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

Purple book disappeared

[Post New]by bluesinew on Jan 29, 13 7:20 PM
I played this game and had to start a new profile due to missing items in the inventory. I played along for so long I almost forgot the glitch. However, it happened again with the purple book needed to play a game to get the last blue eye. I had the book and it disappeared. I really like adventure games over HOG's and this one had the potential to be one of my favorites. But, I am too far into the game to start over, just to have it happen again... too many glitches... maybe BFG will get the message and send out a patch.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 30, 13 1:54 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am sorry to see that you are frustrated with this game - I know how it feels to have a game not work.

Unfortunately, the Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums. Hence, the best way for us to get a sense of the issue and provide some support that will benefit all and not just some Fishies, is to have as much information as possible filtered through to our Tech Support team.

This allows the Team to find the root cause of the issue and the more information we have on it, the quicker we can get to resolving the problem.

I know it can be frustrating to wait but I assure you that we do appreciate your help with these types of issues and this really is the best way of arriving at a conclusive resolution.

As always, the Moderation Team will always update the game Forum as soon as we have some news.

Thank you for your patience,

bfgBaikal

tattas
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by tattas on Jan 30, 13 4:01 AM
This game definitely needs to be reworked. Constant crashes and the game continually reloading textures ( whatever that is). Then I am only able to play for two seconds at a time. Clicking too fast or too slow crashes the game. I was enjoying the game, however with all the missteps I was totally frustrated. I have changed the name I play under several times, also I have uninstalled and installed at least 6 or more times. The results are the same. This game should have never left the starting post. I purchased the game hoping it would perform better, and that idea was a bust. THIS GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHECKED AND DOUBLE CHECKED FOR ACCURACY BEFORE OFFERING IT TO THE PUBLIC!!!!!!!!!!!

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Jan 30, 13 5:12 AM
I've just received the pass card from Gomez, and started the new chapter.
It seemed to perpetually stick on the loading page which resulted in me having to reboot the computer.
Then going back into the game, the cut-scene played fine. But then the scene went blank.
I have the inventory bar, hint button etc, I also have the conversation and subtitles.
What I don't have is the scene itself - it is just plain black.
Grrr.....

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 30, 13 11:05 AM
Hey there crypsynight and tattas,

Just swimming in with a little helpful advice!

I know how frustrating it can be when a game crashes like that, and there are a few steps, like checking for any video card driver updates that can help the game to play better. (Just click the blue text for specific instructions.)

Please also definitely reach out to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix and they'll work with you directly on some other options to help get you back to playing your game!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks and I hope this helps!

bfgIzara

huffpatsy
Herring
Herring
301 Posts

[Post New]by huffpatsy on Jan 30, 13 11:24 AM
I am almost finished with the game, the butterfly is missing from my inventory, I remember picking it up, I went back and checked by the coffee cup and it is not there. Now I can't finish the game because of, so far, one butterfly. Need help, please. I notice from the other posted issues, players having problems w/ missing inventory items. Not fun when you are trying to play a game. Hope you get it fixed.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 30, 13 2:21 PM
Hi huffpatsy,

If you haven't already done so, first please try uninstalling and reinstalling the game - that does often help with this sort of problem.

But our team here is working on the issues that have been coming up with this game. If you're still having trouble, it really will help to have info about how the problem is coming up for you. You can run a Dr. Felix Report for the game and send it in to Tech Support Team through our Contact Us page.

We'll also be sure to let you all know as soon as we have more info about an update or fix.

Thanks so much!

bfgMonongahela

gamertlc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by gamertlc on Jan 30, 13 5:37 PM
My turn:

I don't know what chapter I'm in, but I opened the case and took the slides for the blood sample and they didn't go into my inventory. How in heck did this game get past the beta test stage?

[Post New]by Arosado1970 on Jan 30, 13 8:57 PM
The game won't even load for me. I have done everything that it said to do. It gets to the "loading" page and stalls. Any suggestions other than what's already posted?

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Jan 30, 13 9:02 PM
I really like this game; I was near the end of the game, and in the process doing the mini game that would open the box that Dr. Thorn is holding when suddenly the game crashed and my computer blue screened. It's not my computer that caused the crash because my computer has the higher end hardware and video card to play games, videos, etc. I'm also having issues with every time I open the game or change from windowed screen to full screen or back again, that it has to "load textures". No idea what that means.

I'm very disappointed that I'm nearly done and I can't go any further because I don't want the game crashing my computer again. I sure hope a fix is on the way soon as I want to finish the game.

Go to: