bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 13 3:43 AM
Hi angelfish106,

The good news is the fix I have in mind for you will not require additional downloads!

I would encourage you to have a look at the following help article which will guide you through updating those elements that run your game:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Once following that advice, try opening the game again to see if there is any difference.

If those steps don't help or you would like us to assist you with this, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team. One of our Reps will be happy to help!

Oh it's great to hear that you are back on track yowzasma - happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 22, 13 3:58 AM
angelfish106 wrote:Bought this yesterday and so far every time I get one of the cards, the game freezes and have to use ctrl-alt-del to get out of it. Brings up an access violation message too. I've assumed the version I downloaded is the updated one.

Honestly there have been so many games lately that just lock up or crash that I'm beginning to wonder if it's worth downloading any more. I did get Enchantia and that played flawlessly but even games from devs that have played perfectly in the past are freezing or crashing.

And please don't ask me to uninstall and re-install them; I have a monthly download limit which will run out if I have to keep doing that.

SPOILER ALERT

I only started playing this game today. I am in the church and am getting a card and a bomb from the soldier. However, when I take the card from him, the screen froze, or rather the ingame cursor froze, and I was only able to move the system cursor that suddenly appeared, within a 2-inch radius. Had to exit via Task Manager, and that only worked after 3 attempts.

Am going back into the game and hope this is not going to be repeated.

ETA: OK, went back into the game, and I had to start again with showing the mirror to Medusa. This time, I used the system cursor. I took the bomb first and the card second, and everything was OK.

More ETA: Just finished the game, and have had no more problems. I think the trouble I came across was related to the custom cursor. I played the rest of the game with the system cursor and everything went well.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 10:28:38 AM PST

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Feb 22, 13 6:36 AM
This game does not like my graphics card. I have tried playing 3 times only to get booted out with a BSOD referring to a file associated with the graphics driver. I did check for and downloaded the latest driver (issued Nov. 2012, the one I had was from Aug. 2012) but the problem continues. After each system crash, I get a message from the game that my user profile was corrupted, to make a new one and the 60 minute trial starts over.

Running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, 6GB RAM, 3.0GHz processor, ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card.

I'm going to chalk this up to (another) conflict between a game and graphics on my computer and uninstall the game.

Edited on 02/22/2013 at 6:38:01 AM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 22, 13 4:51 PM
Hi LarkBea,

I'm sorry you've had so much trouble with this game!

Our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look at what's going on and see if there are any other troubleshooting steps that might help with that error message. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

bfgMonongahela

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Feb 23, 13 7:34 AM
Hello,
Not sure if anyone has had this problem yet, but I've nearly finished the main game, was getting all excited, was battling rock dude. I had blasted him away with the cannon, then the game shut down. I went back into the game, clicked on continue, hoping it would pick up with the rock dude all gone, however, he's not...not a problem, I'll just blast him with the cannon again...the Problem is that I am unable to collect the cannonball, the horn to collect the gunpowder, and the gunpowder barrel wont light up either...there is no way to defeat him now.
I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall and play the whole game again to get to this point, because I've just played it...
I might have to though.
I just thought I'd warn fishies to beware of this, and for you guys to be aware of the problem too.
I'm using a Mac, (Lion) but never had any problems with any other games that I've played.
Rgds
Carole

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 7:37:20 AM PST

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Feb 23, 13 12:28 PM
Mr. Russ: This seems to be commonplace with BF now. I have had my games end with anywhere from 17 to 25 minutes left and have posted my question to BF about it but never got a response. Don't blame you for not be happy aboit it. Neither was I. :-(

[Post New]by heavenleigh_02 on Feb 23, 13 5:40 PM
I'm loving this game but none of the dialog is showing. If I click HELP I get an empty text box. I've updated all my MAC software as advised & downloaded the game again. The hidden items list does not display all items that need to be found too.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 26, 13 6:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

I am so sorry to see that some of you are still having issues with the game.

As we are limited with the advice we can offer via the Forums, my best suggestion would be to contact our Tech Support Team so we can look at this with you and offer dedicated support.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by Knid55 on Mar 2, 13 2:53 PM
I just started playing, and have noticed that some graphics and text do not display. The fire animation, for instance, that is supposed to appear on the dead mayor does not. The whole beginning sequence is blank...just audio. I suspect there should be some text that appears when I click on certain objects, and it doesn't. I haven't gotten too far in the game because of these issues. What is the problem? I've played other games with no issues.

[Post New]by trylesta on Mar 4, 13 2:48 PM
At the point when you reach the mayor's house and the column is blocking the door, you're supposed to use the dynamite. When I reached this point, I didn't have the dynamite yet but I experimented a little and used the phoenix-whatever-his-name-is on the column, and that blew it up. I have no idea why I thought that would work, haha. So now that I have the dynamite, there's no column to put it on and ignite.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 4, 13 4:23 PM
Knid55 wrote:I just started playing, and have noticed that some graphics and text do not display. The fire animation, for instance, that is supposed to appear on the dead mayor does not. The whole beginning sequence is blank...just audio. I suspect there should be some text that appears when I click on certain objects, and it doesn't. I haven't gotten too far in the game because of these issues. What is the problem? I've played other games with no issues.

Hi Knid55,

First, I'd try updating your video card, graphics drivers and the software that handles the display aspects of the game (Adobe Flash and Shockwave). That will usually get issues like this straightened out. We go over all of that in our help article here.

If you try that and things are still not displaying correctly, then I think it's best for you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be causing the trouble. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/04/2013 at 4:23:37 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 4, 13 4:27 PM
trylesta wrote:At the point when you reach the mayor's house and the column is blocking the door, you're supposed to use the dynamite. When I reached this point, I didn't have the dynamite yet but I experimented a little and used the phoenix-whatever-his-name-is on the column, and that blew it up. I have no idea why I thought that would work, haha. So now that I have the dynamite, there's no column to put it on and ignite.

Hi trylesta and welcome to the Pond!

Thanks for sharing your trick with the Phoenix. I don't think that continuing to have the dynamite in your Inventory will cause any trouble. But if you get to a spot where the game won't let you move on, it may mean that there was a particular order of actions that the game was looking for. In that case, you'll probably have to start over with a new profile and use the dynamite at that spot after all.

Whatever happens, you can definitely post again to let us know how things go.

bfgMonongahela

Edited on 03/04/2013 at 4:28:02 PM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 8, 13 4:10 PM
I'm just noting this to indicate a problem. I finished the game and enjoyed it, so no reply will be necessary. When playing the extras, I was assembling the characters jig saw puzzles, and when I tried to do the Vampire, it would drop a piece in the wrong place and it would lock. I could not move it. This happened 5 times in a row, but not the same piece. I finished the rest of the puzzles with no problem, but the Vampire puzzle would give me the same problem every time. As I said, I'm just noting this problem in case it will help others

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 5:56 AM
I know you mentioned that no reply was necessary Old_Man_River but I wanted to swim in and thank you for sharing this with us and other Fishies.

And I will have someone look into that just in case!

Cheers,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by quietwizard121 on Mar 10, 13 9:14 PM
I have found thus far two glitches in the game, both after being awarded one of the cards telling the reasons certain characters have been cursed and/or killed. The first crash was resolved by rebooting the game, but the second appears to have not solution. This is just after rescuing the archivist and receiving the appropriate card and another object; after the organ grinder reads the car, the game freezes and apparently cannot be recovered & must be started over or reinstalled.

[Post New]by Pattilovesgames on Mar 21, 13 7:37 PM
trylesta wrote:At the point when you reach the mayor's house and the column is blocking the door, you're supposed to use the dynamite. When I reached this point, I didn't have the dynamite yet but I experimented a little and used the phoenix-whatever-his-name-is on the column, and that blew it up. I have no idea why I thought that would work, haha. So now that I have the dynamite, there's no column to put it on and ignite.

Pattiloesgames says: Same thing happened to me. Guess I'll have to start again as another player, this is such a time waster. Love the game but am not liking this at all. Probably putting this reply in the wrong place...first time writing in.

[Post New]by Dink2010 on Mar 23, 13 11:30 AM
I am a Mac user and I have just downloaded this game. I am wondering why I am having graphic issues. I started the game and the sound and text was all there, but no picture in the intro. Then when I started to play, I found that the text when I clicked on things wasn't there, nor were any of the special effects. Are you able to let me know how to fix this or why this is happening?

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 29, 13 6:01 PM
Error access violation at the scene with the headless horseman, right after reading the card. I'm almost expecting this to happen in every game I play now. I managed to get out with ctrl/alt/del but no solution was found and the program was closed.

I've been told to not upgrade Adobe Player because it causes a lot of problems so I haven't. I don't know if that is what is causing this problem. Everything else is up-to-date and the computer is an almost brand new gaming computer.

I keep running into the same problem. And I noticed that a lot of people have also reported the same glitch but at different areas.Addendum: Second error access violation after reading the card given to me by the organ grinder outside the courthouse. I got out of the game by using ctrl/alt/del but now I'm having some problems with my computer, everything is going very s.l.o.w..l..y... and my cursor isn't working very well. My <enter> key doesn't work. I'll have to reboot. I don't think I can even post this without having everything smashed together.

Edited on 05/29/2013 at 9:39:47 PM PST

[Post New]by jenvirg on Oct 13, 13 5:17 PM
I purchased collector edition this morning. When I hit PLAY, the intro is all black screen with sounds and printing on bottom and SKIP on top; but all black screen. Why? I did uninstall and downloaded again the game.

Edited on 10/13/2013 at 5:18:52 PM PST

Go to: