Re:Post any Shadows: Price for Our Sins technical issues here only

[Post New]by mom22kids on Feb 28, 13 5:41 PM
I see that others are having sort of the same issue as I am though I have not seen a resolution other than reinstalling and starting over!!

I am trying to solve the 7+3=10 issues in the HO but the pencil disappeared and I cannot get it back!

Please advise.

[Post New]by roxannejharris on Feb 28, 13 9:22 PM
Same exact problem with my game.

ahuman wrote:I am using a Samsung laptop with windows 7.

Stuck on hidden object scene after the rose/anvil gate where you need to look for a xylophone. I put the pieces in place, after which it did not register that I found it. I can not get further without being able to finish that hidden object scene. (The pieces that were replaced disappeared and I can not click on the xylophone at all anymore) (Across from what appears to be venus fly trap plants)

zener
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by zener on Feb 28, 13 10:35 PM
Likewise the black screen during cut-scenes.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 1, 13 3:17 AM
Hi Fishies,

We are really sorry to see that these issues are continuing.

The help we can provide here on the Forum is pretty basic, for in-depth support you'll have to contact our dedicated Tech Support Team.

Even though many of you are experiencing a similar issue, the best way for us to identify the issue and provide a resolution, is to collect as much information as possible, and this information may vary on different systems and set ups.

We would really appreciate it if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you so much for working with us.

bfgTokoro

Edited on 03/01/2013 at 3:17:23 AM PST

[Post New]by djinnandtonic on Mar 2, 13 3:27 PM
As of 3-2-13 there are 106 posts with tech issues.
Just wanted to add mine, the hint button doesn't work.
I am not going to go through all of the frustrations that everyone is having and will just delete the demo and that's it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Mar 3, 13 3:30 AM
Heya djinnandtonic, welcome to the Pond!

I'm so sorry to hear about the trouble you experienced with the hint button .

If you would like to get this looked at after all, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 6, 13 2:18 AM
Hi, I found another bug in the game. This is the third one I found. These are not technical issues, but bugs in the game.

In the HOS in the attic, you have to find the number 17 that is etched on the top of a chest. I must have clicked on the number 17 on the chest over 100 times and I still can't get it.

Note that the chest is initially locked. I found the key and opened the chest, but couldn't find the number 17 and used a Hint to find it. The point is I wonder if it would have been easier to get the 17, if the chest is not unlocked first. If you don't unlock the chest, the top of the chest does not open and you can keep clicking for the number 17 that is etched on the cover of the chest. Since I unlocked the chest already, whenever I click on the 17, the chest opens. So I have to close the chest and try again and it's very annoying. I haven't been able to complete that HOS and so I can't continue with the game.

This game needs an update badly, especially since as I reported here earlier, the Skip button doesn't work in the puzzles. Please let us know when the update is available.

Thanks.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Mar 6, 13 3:10 AM
Hi Dominick_Fontana,

Thanks a million for this information. It is definitely best to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can take a look what's going on and work with you directly on this issue.

It would be great if you could take the time to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Thank you so much.

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Mar 8, 13 1:58 AM
Okay, thanks, Tokoro. I will do that.

laineh2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by laineh2 on Mar 8, 13 9:18 PM
Same here blank on skip scenes and the hint does not work and can't get any help....
This is major problem....A first for me , please fix it so I can enjoy the game...
Thank you

[Post New]by Butterflyshrimp on Mar 8, 13 10:55 PM
Same here. The game froze when I first downloaded it. Had to do a manual shutdown & reboot. Restarted game, then...black cut scenes. Everything is updated on my computer.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Mar 9, 13 5:15 AM
Hi Fishies,

If you have tried the advice already offered and you are still having trouble with the game, please get in touch with our friendly Tech Support. You can reach them by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then clicking the Contact Us link on the help pages.

They will be happy to provide more personalized help that we are unable provide via the Forums.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

quizzly
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by quizzly on Mar 10, 13 3:19 AM
I bought this game almost a month ago. The game downloaded fine but when I try to start it my computer is shut down. This problem is described by many others. I would like to know if there is to be a new version and when. With many other games that did not work properly I ran a DrFelix, but this time I just hope I dont have to spend my time with repair work, I only want to play for the money I spent. So please let me know if the game will work eventually.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Mar 10, 13 5:36 PM
I don't want to read through all 100+ posts, but just thought I'd add my glitch, in case no one has mentioned it yet...

In the hidden object scene in the shed - the one in the cupboard where you add the handle - my mouse won't move all the way to the left, so I can't pick up anything on the left quarter of the screen. The mouse will move top to bottom and all over the rest of the screen, but stops at a certain point going left and will not go any further, like there's a wall there. At first I thought I'd have to close the cupboard door or something, but I can't. I did fix the glass in that door and got the item on the glass, but my mouse still won't move left.

I had normal mouse movement until I entered that scene, but now I can't move the mouse past that point, even if I back out of the HOS. I can't even get the mouse to the menu button and had to kill the game using Alt-F4.

Update: I just went back into the game and was able to complete the HOS with no problem, but the devs should still be made aware that this glitch exists. It's possible that it has something to do with the widescreen setting, since that's what I'm using and the edge where the mouse stops is just about where the screen edge is on the regular setting. I was going to test that by switching to regular and trying again, but it's working now, so...

Edited on 03/10/2013 at 5:52:22 PM PST

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Mar 12, 13 2:27 PM
Hi burf90,

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you ran into - and that you were able to move on after all.

If you haven't already done so, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can collect some more specific details about your experience. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Mar 22, 13 1:30 AM
Items picked up don't go into Inventory. I wish I had not purchased this game.

LetMeTry
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by LetMeTry on Mar 24, 13 4:11 PM
Game was issued February 13th or 16th ???? Does not matter STILL NOT FIXED and we are now into March 24th !!! I think by now tech support should have enough DR FELIX reports to get this game fixed .......

[Post New]by beachpups on Mar 25, 13 11:27 AM
Amen to that, LetMe Try.....I sent in my report along with I presume many more of you out there. Got a nice reply, but no action. I, for one, will not buy until "Fix is made. Too bad, as the game looks quite good except for the "black" screens.

Edited on 03/25/2013 at 11:33:27 AM PST

GlennMcC
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by GlennMcC on Mar 26, 13 5:21 PM
LetMeTry wrote:Game was issued February 13th or 16th ???? Does not matter STILL NOT FIXED and we are now into March 24th !!! I think by now tech support should have enough DR FELIX reports to get this game fixed .......

I am one of those who had the reboot issue when trying to start the game. Just downloaded again today and had the same results. I sent a Dr Felix report to the tech team and got the usual treatment of "updates needed", but everything is updated. This game needs to be fixed by the developers and a revise version realeased ASAP!! It has been too long!!!

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by kangoods on Mar 27, 13 2:25 PM
Dido here as well. Do not know how this game is getting such high marks when it is having so many problems. And do yourselves a favor and do NOT do the fixes that tech support gives you. It made my computer crash and I had to get my computer repaired. NO game is with this kind of agrivation. When they FINALLY get it fixed they ought to give us all the game for FREE.

Go to: