cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

Re:Beetle Temple: Animal Door/Gear Puzzle

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 6, 08 9:31 PM
sungoer wrote:Hi everyone, I am so stuck on the pipes. Any hints on what to do?

.. Sungoer, there are a couple of threads with info on pipes. You can access by doing a search for pipes. This is a random generated puzzle so cannot give specific instructions. Click the green dot on the corners to turn them. Click the green marks on the pipes to change their configuration. Avoid the jutting rocks. The best tip is that you do NOT have to use all the pipes to solve the puzzle. Good Luck.

[Post New]by galene on Jul 7, 08 10:17 AM
i only have 3 maps.Is this Correct? Thanks Galene

[Post New]by galene on Jul 7, 08 11:05 AM
got it galene

glowwind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by glowwind on Jul 7, 08 6:05 PM
This is stupid and absolutely NOT FUN. I realize you can't give "keep giving hints". I bought the stupid strategy guide and it is no help The glyphs on the door make no sense in relation to the shapes by the animals in the rooms. This is a bad puzzle. I am really tired of spending frustrating hours trying to figure it out. The strategy guide should have be a lot more helpful - we PAID for it!!!!! I can't get this.

glowwind
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by glowwind on Jul 8, 08 7:45 AM
thank you so much - but unfortunately, I knew that already. My problem is that the glyphs on the door, with the animals, do not make sense in any triangle-related way.

windidog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by windidog on Jul 9, 08 8:26 AM
Still can't get off the gears puzzle. Everything works but when I click on the lever under the beetle nothing happens. Have tried just holding it down but no luck. Any other ideas out there?

Edited on 07/09/2008 at 8:29:05 AM PST

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 9, 08 12:42 PM
windidog wrote:Still can't get off the gears puzzle. Everything works but when I click on the lever under the beetle nothing happens. Have tried just holding it down but no luck. Any other ideas out there?
windidog, you need to click, hold, and turn the handle under the beetle. good luck.
..sorry, I just realized you had trouble with this earlier and went back to read your posts. If you've already tried these things, have no items left in any map, have no inventory items, ... I don't know what else to suggest. sorry

Edited on 07/09/2008 at 12:45:38 PM PST

[Post New]by Terrij03 on Jul 9, 08 7:30 PM
Okay - so I got the door open and found the fish - got the animal door open and now I think I'm supposed to put in some colored gears - where do I get the gears? I have nothing in inventory and have nothing left to find on the lists.

[Post New]by Terrij03 on Jul 9, 08 8:55 PM
Am at the steam pipes - Piece of cake to get the whistle to blow. I then got the pump handle and put it in the correct place and I still have the pulley in inventory and don't know where to put it and if I click on solve I get another pump handle have been through this twice with the same results.

pkokes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pkokes on Jul 11, 08 2:12 PM
baberklite wrote:which map is the frog in? i can't seem to find him.

pkokes
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pkokes on Jul 11, 08 2:17 PM
pkokes wrote:

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 11, 08 2:18 PM
pkokes wrote:

The frog is in a map by itself. I believe it's in the bottom right quadrant. It's on a flat panel type thing.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 11, 08 4:54 PM
rougealar wrote:Yee haw, after 3 days (slow learner) I finially got throught the golden gear level I think I'll wait till tomorrow to tackle any more levels.

WTG ... persistence pays off

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jul 11, 08 5:24 PM
I just want to thank the creator of this game. It was great ! I sailed right through it with no problems. This is the type of game I really enjoy. Thanks again.

windidog
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by windidog on Jul 12, 08 8:14 AM
I decided to redo the whole puzzle. I got to the animal door/gear puzzle and have all the gears on correctly, turned the lever and..............nothing! I'm beginning to think there is something wrong with my version of the game. Is there some way to contact Big Fish Games to have them help me resolve this?

[Post New]by mattieruth on Jul 13, 08 1:03 PM
I can't get past this door. I even bought Strategy Guide, but still can't get thru. All the gears are on in correct order as in picture, but what now? I think it has something to do with beetle & lights but I can't get gears to move. When I click on lever all the gears go back to inventory. Please help.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 15, 08 10:38 AM
grandmameals wrote:I opened the animal door but I do not have any luck making the colored gears to do much of anything I move the jigger under the beetle and 2 lights went on but then nothing is there a special way the gears should be or what is the secret???????????????
grandmameals, check out page 4 of this thread. I think there's an explanation of the color gears. I don't remember the specific sequence but that post may help you As you place each gear, if it connects correctly, it will turn just slightly. Each gear placed should touch two other gears. when you turn the handle, every gear should turn. Hope this helps. Good Luck. .

[Post New]by gaywest on Jul 16, 08 6:49 AM
cesse47 wrote:
sungoer wrote:I still have to find the pliers that are in blue. Where do I find them?

Sungoer, are you on the map with the brown gear box? If so, you may have to solve that puzzle before you can find the pliers. If not, they may be in a different map.

the plires are on the next level. get them and then go back and open the door to the train. You will find by trial and error that you have to go back to go forward on some of these.

gaywest

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 19, 08 6:05 PM
pashdi, the lever releases the gears back to inventory. When you have the gears in place, put your cursor on the knob of the handle under the beetle and click AND hold. Then move your cursor in circles ... which turns the handle. The legs of the beetle will flap and the lights below it will light up. If correct, all gears will turn and the door will open. good luck

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jul 23, 08 4:36 PM
RAnnLen wrote:Where is the dragonfly, which map. I"m going blind looking for it?
rannlen, welcome to the forums. The dragonfly is in the same map as the bird. I'm trying to visualize it; I think it's at the top of the screen.

Go to: