judy1689
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
487 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by judy1689 on Jul 3, 13 6:09 AM
Prior to the update before this one, I had begun to notice that different avatars sometimes produced more of one item or another . . . I found this to be true with the last update. I'm not finding that this is true with this update.

Another issue is the floaters are not awarding much of anything useful. Lemute, which was a fairly reliable source of claws . . . has not awarded any since I updated yesterday . . . and I'm hit him a lot, as machetes are fairly abundant items you get from location . . . and I've leveled up once or twice and used a honey pot since yesterday . . . at 950 energy, thats a lot of playing time and no claws awarded.

Same is true for the Criminal floater . . . while he's pretty stingy about giving out gift boxes . . . I have not received one from him in all that playing time. Also - in all that time - playing locations which give out gift boxes . . . I have only received 1. I don't have enough diamonds to buy the boxes I need them to complete collections.

Is this a glitch?

I don't think any of the floaters are giving out much except exp stars and coins . . . and occasionally items that I have hundreds of already.

I guess I'll just wait a few days . . . if I can, lol . . . for my energy to get restored and try again.

Edited on 07/03/2013 at 6:13:26 AM PST

jewlynz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:***PC*** Post any Found: A Hidden Object Adventure Free to Play technical issues here only

[Post New]by jewlynz on Jul 3, 13 3:15 PM
judy1689 wrote:Prior to the update before this one, I had begun to notice that different avatars sometimes produced more of one item or another . . . I found this to be true with the last update. I'm not finding that this is true with this update.

Another issue is the floaters are not awarding much of anything useful. Lemute, which was a fairly reliable source of claws . . . has not awarded any since I updated yesterday . . . and I'm hit him a lot, as machetes are fairly abundant items you get from location . . . and I've leveled up once or twice and used a honey pot since yesterday . . . at 950 energy, thats a lot of playing time and no claws awarded.

Same is true for the Criminal floater . . . while he's pretty stingy about giving out gift boxes . . . I have not received one from him in all that playing time. Also - in all that time - playing locations which give out gift boxes . . . I have only received 1. I don't have enough diamonds to buy the boxes I need them to complete collections.

Is this a glitch?

I don't think any of the floaters are giving out much except exp stars and coins . . . and occasionally items that I have hundreds of already.

I guess I'll just wait a few days . . . if I can, lol . . . for my energy to get restored and try again.

I am having the same problem but also with the fairy wings. my biggest problem at the moment out of the many since the update is the black boxes. hardly ever get any when in locations and when i do i never get any necklaces. I have spent money on this game to get diamonds but i am not spending a cent more until this is all fixed as these items i shouldn't have to spend money on i should get them anyway.

[Post New]by afunnyfarm on Jul 3, 13 3:52 PM
the diamonds are on sale, but when i click to buy, the price doesn't come up as advertised. $45 comes up as $35 instead of $25

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by starrylyn on Jul 3, 13 8:23 PM
Another item to report: I already am working with Tier 2 Tech Support on lost diamonds; however, the lemute warrior? (can't remember what the alter lemute is called anymore) has not been appearing when I banish lemutes anymore.

I have banished about 30 today, and nothing. Same for yesterday. So I have more items dropping again after uninstall reinstall, but not fairy wings or wands. Can't get them to finish collections.

Please update soon!

[Post New]by penguindance on Jul 4, 13 12:49 AM
afunnyfarm wrote:the diamonds are on sale, but when i click to buy, the price doesn't come up as advertised. $45 comes up as $35 instead of $25

Not sure what the problem was when you tried, but I just went there and it came up correctly, including the further discount for club members. Maybe you should try again.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 4, 13 5:55 AM
Heya guys,

I'm sorry that there still seem to be issues with the game.

Rest assured that our team is already working on fixing the issues with counting down amulets and the floaters not rewarding you properly for your efforts .

Also, if you experience problems with our 4th of July Sale, don't hesitate to drop a line to our Customer Support Team, they'll be happy to help you out and make sure that you get the price that you have been promised .

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

le01
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by le01 on Jul 4, 13 10:34 AM
Not sure if it is a bug or intended .. but after the last "update" I have tried the new some-times-appearing floaters and have lost 100 diamonds after just 2 tries .. not a good idea - could you please let me know when I am about to part with my hard-earned "cash"?

NiceOrc
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by NiceOrc on Jul 4, 13 5:47 PM
So after the 2 updates, the only way to get this game sorted is to uninstall and reinstall it, is that right? What happens to all my "stuff"? Collections, coins, diamonds etc? Does it all stay (as long as I don't wipe my saved files.) Could someone who has already done this please let me know how it worked out? Thanks.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 5, 13 6:34 AM
Hi everyone!

le01 - I am sorry to hear that!

I am including some info that was shared about this below:

The old floaters won't let you banish them if you don't have enough of the items needed. The new ones will let you banish them if you don't have enough: it will automatically purchase what you need using your diamonds. In order to avoid unpleasant surprises, simply check your inventory if you have the number of items needed. If you don't have all the items, you don't want to try to get them in the 1h or 2h the floater is available and you don't want to spend your diamonds, just ignore them!

NiceOrc - uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best thing to do in this instance. This will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

The good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

Finally, if you need more help with your game, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

alite4him
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alite4him on Jul 5, 13 2:59 PM
Was just in the portal.... the items to clear list was down to one item, goggles.... but i could swear I had gotten them and could not find them anywhere........... finally gave up and used a compass..... which promptly haloed the lone star

Added intrigue!!! I like it!! A warning would have been nice but hey, now I know what's left in the list is not always what is left in the scene to find... hehe

Heads up fellow fishies

[Post New]by penguindance on Jul 5, 13 5:41 PM
Twice today and 2 or 3 other times over the past week I have been searching for items at a location when the game froze up and the only way I could do anything further was by hitting Ctrl Alt Delete, thereby exiting the game entirely. At that point I get an error message that says the following:

Access violation at 0x00433210 (tried to read from 0x00000048), program terminated.

What does that particular error message mean? And is this an issue with the game or with my computer?

jkingma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by jkingma on Jul 5, 13 7:20 PM
alite4him wrote:Was just in the portal.... the items to clear list was down to one item, goggles.... but i could swear I had gotten them and could not find them anywhere........... finally gave up and used a compass..... which promptly haloed the lone star

Added intrigue!!! I like it!! A warning would have been nice but hey, now I know what's left in the list is not always what is left in the scene to find... hehe

Heads up fellow fishies

@ Alite4him, I've actually had the same thing happen a couple of times. I didn't know if it was something new or something that would be fixed eventually in a "fix" but it hasn't happened for a couple weeks so I didn't contact tech support about it. Maybe we should be if it is happening to other fishies... ??

rosehill50
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rosehill50 on Jul 5, 13 11:47 PM
my game froze in the ice palace today and the only way I could get out was to switch off computer. Whats happened to the fairy wings I used to get loads but none since update and you can't buy them - im on level 63

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 6, 13 4:40 AM
alite4him - interesting, I don't have any info on this but I will pass this along to our Found Team just in case there is something up with that scene - if not, that sure is tricky of them!!

penguindance - that message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly but sometimes, it means that something is interfering with how the game operates.

The good news is that following help article has advice to address whatever may be causing this error message to appear and the suggestions are quick adjustments to make:

Access Violation

rosehill50 - a freeze like that is never very nice and to avoid that happening again, I would suggest checking the help article here, for some great advice on updates you can run to help the computer handle the game more effectively.

If the problems persist for you all though, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team, they will be happy to take a closer look at things with you.

Good luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 07/06/2013 at 12:12:17 PM PST

[Post New]by alberkerkey on Jul 6, 13 9:10 AM
bfgBaikal, it sometimes seems to me that we dont know what are tech issues and what are tricks in the game? so I hope you can keep bringing these to the devs' attention... thank you!

[Post New]by afunnyfarm on Jul 7, 13 4:24 AM
when i left the game on saturday morning, i had almost 400 diamonds, and was on level 86, now when i go to the game i am on level 1 ...what happened? have i lost everything? if so i am done with this game. i have spent a lot of money so far and i am very upset

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jul 9, 13 8:14 AM
No worries alberkerkey!

afunnyfarm - because we do not have access to your purchase info on the forums, please get in touch with Customer Support so we can look into this for you and put things right!

Hoping this is resolved for you real soon and thanks for working with us.

bfgBaikal

alite4him
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by alite4him on Jul 9, 13 12:45 PM
Heads up to the moderators....

I have not updated the latest ? June 27th? update, too many issues reported that I didn't feel like dealing with, so I am playing on the update that was issued days prior.. ? June 21st?

One thing I have found that persists is while on the main island screen, going to the locations, I can't just click a location anywhere. There appears to be a specific area on each haloed location that I have to click right on in order to enter the location. When I click on any of the locations I often have to move the map around and sometimes will have to try as many as 6 times to enter a location before it engages.

This has been mentioned before but as long as I'm sharing.... the update that I am using has items found in the locations scatter all over the map. Now I've always been a fan of hide-and-seek and it's quite cute that the devs gave us two games in one, however I hope they reverse this little quirk in future updates.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jul 10, 13 6:16 AM
Heya alite4him,

Thanks for pointing these glitches out again! While I'm sure they are being worked on already I'll make sure to pass this on to leave nothing to chance!

Especially with entering the locations it could help though to uninstall and reinstall your game, even though that would mean that you would get the latest update as well.

Sometimes game files get damaged after a while though and little glitches sneak into the game that could be fixed with a reinstall!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by penguindance on Jul 10, 13 11:54 AM
bfgBiwa wrote:Heya alite4him,

Thanks for pointing these glitches out again! While I'm sure they are being worked on already I'll make sure to pass this on to leave nothing to chance!

Especially with entering the locations it could help though to <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstall and reinstall</a> your game, even though that would mean that you would get the latest update as well.

Sometimes game files get damaged after a while though and little glitches sneak into the game that could be fixed with a reinstall!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

FYI, I have been having the same issue as alite4him regarding click sensitivity when attempting to enter locations, and I did uninstall and reinstall the game after its most recent update.

Additionally, in reference to the July 5th post by alite4him regarding the list of objects left in the portal, I have experienced similar issues. The first few times this happened, whether in the portal or elsewhere, I also thought the list of of the last (or last few) remaining object/s was incorrect. Since then, I have concluded that the core issue is that there is a substantial lag time, relatively speaking, between the removal of the item from a scene via clicking on it and the removal of that same item from the list of items to find. When every second counts and a player is moving very quickly to remove an item seen hundreds of times by now, it's not always immediately recognizable that an object on the list has already been removed from that particular scene, thus making the need for the timing of the removal of the object from the list simultaneous to its removal from the scene imperative. This lag time was not an issue prior to the June updates.

Edited on 07/11/2013 at 9:49:07 AM PST

Go to: