sonhof
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by sonhof on May 29, 13 5:57 PM
I run windows 8 and tried running the game in windowed mode, I then discovered I could not get to any of the buttons on the bottom of the screen. I have always had the jumping cursor problem if I go to close to the edge of the screen but I managed that. Not being able to reach the bottom buttons was a pain tho. I tried the help sites description of running it compatable with xp but windows 8 does not have that option on the folders - yes I know what I am doing to to a point, I am not totally computer illiterate. I then tried different screen resolutions in the hope I could reach the menu button to change back to full screen mode. In the end I had to flip the screen upside down to get at them. to do this:

right click on your desktop and choose screen resolution
go to orientation and from the drop down menu choose landscape flipped.

your screen will turn upside down which is awkward, you have to choose to accept that setting, then reopen the game (mine was still open but minimised) and you will have upside down access to the menu button to change it back to fullscreen mode. then just reverse the process to go back to a normal screen.

kind of fiddly and annoying to fix, but it got me the result, after only about 15 minutes of fiddling.

hope this helps someone.

Edited on 05/30/2013 at 6:03:17 PM PST


 
KC3Storm
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by KC3Storm on May 30, 13 7:14 PM
PAUSED GAME!

I have all 5 families going and 1 is now saying GAME PAUSED. My single female is frozen in the kitchen while the mail notification is flashing and the bell is dinging. Is there anyway to save her besides losing all 5 families via a reinstall?

 
Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on May 31, 13 2:25 AM
KC3Storm wrote:PAUSED GAME!

I have all 5 families going and 1 is now saying GAME PAUSED. My single female is frozen in the kitchen while the mail notification is flashing and the bell is dinging. Is there anyway to save her besides losing all 5 families via a reinstall?


Maybe you have clicked on the space bar. Just click once more and the game is not longer paused or change it in the options for this family.
Usually you don't lose the progress when you uninstall and reinstall.

 
kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by kayette on May 31, 13 9:06 AM
I just started playing this yesterday, at first the mouse/cursor jumping was a big problem but once I got used to moving my mouse more carefully, it is only a minor annoyance. My OS is Vista, it seems like people with Windows 7 & 8 are having more problems with the mouse. Has anyone tried adjusting mouse settings to solve the jumping problem?

 
FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 1, 13 3:34 PM
Kikime wrote:How does someone get rid of the used couch they don't want in their furniture cubby? Is there some way to do that without putting it into the house or yard making the place look like a trashcan even when the family has enough money to deserve a nice place?


Drag the couch,or whatever piece of furniture out past the gates, you'll see little letters by it that tell you what you can sell it for (always much less than you bought it for, of course), just let go of it then and it will disappear. I've found it doesn't work for the animals, though. I wanted to change to a different pet, and didn't want one of the ones I already had (the barking was annoying me, lol!). I finally had to just leave him up in the decor tray. I feel kind of guilty, sigh.... It is nice, though, that we can have more than on pet in VF2.

 
FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 1, 13 3:46 PM
sonhof wrote:I run windows 8 and tried running the game in windowed mode, I then discovered I could not get to any of the buttons on the bottom of the screen. I have always had the jumping cursor problem if I go to close to the edge of the screen but I managed that. Not being able to reach the bottom buttons was a pain tho. I tried the help sites description of running it compatable with xp but windows 8 does not have that option on the folders - yes I know what I am doing to to a point, I am not totally computer illiterate. I then tried different screen resolutions in the hope I could reach the menu button to change back to full screen mode. In the end I had to flip the screen upside down to get at them. to do this:

right click on your desktop and choose screen resolution
go to orientation and from the drop down menu choose landscape flipped.

your screen will turn upside down which is awkward, you have to choose to accept that setting, then reopen the game (mine was still open but minimised) and you will have upside down access to the menu button to change it back to fullscreen mode. then just reverse the process to go back to a normal screen.

kind of fiddly and annoying to fix, but it got me the result, after only about 15 minutes of fiddling.

hope this helps someone.


My son, who is my own personal tech support, lol, showed me this trick. It works in Win. 7, I think it works in 8, also. If the game is in windowed mode, and you can't get to the buttons you need, left click and hold on the bottom bar of your computer screen (not the game, your computer window). Holding the button down, slide it across the screen to the left side of your screen. The bar will also move and you should be able to get to the menu buttons of the game. Works well, and doesn't take any time at all.

 
FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 1, 13 4:16 PM
I'm really noticing the bleed through more now that the kids have more and different toys to play with. I about laughed myself silly yesterday when I started hearing the "ghost children", lol! And when one 16 year old started doing things that I don't think he would have normally done, like laughing like a little girl. I don't mind so much when they play and make music with the piano or guitar that's not there, but when the 16 year old starts playing with the play kitchen that's in the girls bedroom of another game, goes to the regular kitchen to get pans to take back to the phantom kitchen, and then I can hear giggling from not just the one child who actually has the kitchen, but several[b] children, okay, maybe it's a little much. Maybe the house is haunted, lol! I haven't seen a mod post here since the 22nd of May, hey mods, any word on a patch from LDW? If I start seeing ghostly figures, grin, I may just go ahead and buy another copy from LDW instead of dealing with all these issues. I'm going to check with tech support, also, as I'm sure you'll suggest. Just thought you might have heard something by now

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 1, 13 10:04 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or not...maybe someone can weigh in if they've had the same thing happen or if they know why it's happening...I see that a few others have had this happen too but I see no answers yet.

I have 77 socks collected but now suddenly in generation 5 they can't really pick up the socks. I think they could at the beginning of this generation but a couple days ago this issue started happening and now it's happening again. You can send someone to pick up a sock and they do briefly, but then they drop it again (about a millimeter forward on the floor) and run away. No one holds onto it and takes it to the washing machine. I thought this might clear itself up if I exited or turned off my computer but it still happened. So naturally I thought no one at all would be able to pick it up but lo and behold the maid can. Of course, her picking it up means I don't get it counted towards my goal. I fired the maid after she picked up all the stuck socks the first time thinking it would right itself and I could go back to collecting them for the goal. But alas, not working again. So if this is a glitch, it's a very strange one indeed and if it's not...what the heck is going on?

 
Ayla1402
Clownfish
Clownfish
580 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ayla1402 on Jun 2, 13 1:24 AM
OrionsRose wrote:I don't know if this is a glitch or not...maybe someone can weigh in if they've had the same thing happen or if they know why it's happening...I see that a few others have had this happen too but I see no answers yet.

I have 77 socks collected but now suddenly in generation 5 they can't really pick up the socks. I think they could at the beginning of this generation but a couple days ago this issue started happening and now it's happening again. You can send someone to pick up a sock and they do briefly, but then they drop it again (about a millimeter forward on the floor) and run away. No one holds onto it and takes it to the washing machine. I thought this might clear itself up if I exited or turned off my computer but it still happened. So naturally I thought no one at all would be able to pick it up but lo and behold the maid can. Of course, her picking it up means I don't get it counted towards my goal. I fired the maid after she picked up all the stuck socks the first time thinking it would right itself and I could go back to collecting them for the goal. But alas, not working again. So if this is a glitch, it's a very strange one indeed and if it's not...what the heck is going on?


I had this in one family. The washer stood in the first bathroom because I didn't have the room next to the bathroom at this time. I took bak the washer in the decoration and placed it again in the same spot. This worked for one generation, then it was the same. Now I have renovated the other room and put the washer there. I hope this will work permanently. Before I got this room I put the washer again back and the socks pile up in the corner.

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 3, 13 8:20 PM
Thank you Ayla1402! I didn't really understand what you were meaning but then it got me thinking and I took their washer away and what do you know...they can pick up the socks again! Weird glitch! I'll give it back to them once they have accumulated the rest of the socks I need for the award.

 
geotravlr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by geotravlr on Jun 4, 13 5:44 PM
I see that I'm not the only one having problems with the mouse cursor jumping all over the place. One suggestion was to change the game to windows option, that fixed the "jumping" problem, but now my cursor doesn't reach the bottom screen menu buttons. That's too bad because I really like VV/VF gaming series, but I won't be buying this one until the glitch is fixed. CCL

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by Ali_cat1220 on Jun 6, 13 5:33 AM
Ok Idk why but I've been playing about a week now on the iPad and the first two days everyone ages fine but for the last like 4 days no one is aging and I can't make babies, the ppl will make the baby **** one won't appear

 
tammycape
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by tammycape on Jun 8, 13 8:17 AM
I have a woman who is a comic book collector and at level 6. I watched her through 5 work cycles and she never made a single dime. The man who is a chair maker level 8 made money every single work cycle. The woman would jump up and down each end of the cycle but the bank account never changed. Pretty sad to work for free. I knew something was wrong as on the other 5 generations I never had a problem earning enough money but now it is as if I only have a single worker earning money.

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by Navithefairy99 on Jun 8, 13 10:45 AM
I have been having the erratic mouse problem as well. It's so frustrating since instead of going clicking "back" or actually dragging my little person around, it drops them wherever and never lets me purchase what I truly want to. I go to purchase something and then when I go to hit "done" it shoots back into the center of the screen causing another purchase to be started. Incredibly irritating... Also I have an issue with the lack of number pad numbers working. I used to use that to quickly navigate the "world map" but now when I press any number it throws me down to the bottom left corner of the screen, no matter how many times I try.
I have not tried windowed mode because I prefer to play in full screen... But I will try it, I suppose it is worth a shot.... I just feel as someone who has purchased a good bit of the games from LDoW, we have come to expect a better quality game from them... I guess I'm just disappointed in this one so far... I will continue to play to see if it gets better...

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by qwnbee on Jun 9, 13 7:36 AM
Maid and gardener no longer show up when game is turned on, although house and yard are clean...also, i no longer have the flea market and yard sale merchandise available...they've not replenished in about a week...love catching the bargains, but it seems to be stuck.

 
exdir
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by exdir on Jun 9, 13 6:36 PM
I have been playing this game ever since it was released for PC. Now all of a sudden my game keeps freezing and the only thing I can do is shut down my computer. By the way, it's not because I paused it by pressing the space bar. Any suggestions or is anyone else having this problem?

 
pianogrinder
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Glitches Galore

[Post New]by pianogrinder on Jun 13, 13 9:30 PM
Love the game, it's playable, but it has so many glitches I don't know where to start,

My OS is XP
Well I'll guess I will start at the beginning.

!) The cursor problem in full screen that everyone else is having too.

2) Name mix up followed by character thumb disappearing when looking at the details screen, The names often get duplicated or randomly mixed up to other family members. I.E John should not be the wife's name lol

3) cursor becomes unclickable and won't work sometimes when I load up, I keep having to close out the game in windowed mode.

4) game sometimes freezes,

5) sometimes when working on the career characters don't earn any money.

6) Sometimes a generation starts out with family members all exhausted.

7) Sock glitch, as reported by others, I have a drying rack for them to put the socks on but the characters can't pick up the darn socks, they just keep piling up.

8) Ghost children heard when a child has a toy and is not playing with it as reported.

9) No buy coins option anywhere in the game even though the help page says there is one.

I have been playing in windowed mode to alleviate the cursor glitch but all of the others still persist. You guys should really have quality assurance control when screening these games.............
I haven't seen some of the other glitches but I am sure I will see them eventually

This game REALLY needs an update.
































2

 
FadedLily
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

Glitches Galore

[Post New]by FadedLily on Jun 13, 13 11:01 PM
pianogrinder wrote:Love the game, it's playable, but it has so many glitches I don't know where to start,

My OS is XP
Well I'll guess I will start at the beginning.

!) The cursor problem in full screen that everyone else is having too.

2) Name mix up followed by character thumb disappearing when looking at the details screen, The names often get duplicated or randomly mixed up to other family members. I.E John should not be the wife's name lol

3) cursor becomes unclickable and won't work sometimes when I load up, I keep having to close out the game in windowed mode.

4) game sometimes freezes,

5) sometimes when working on the career characters don't earn any money.

6) Sometimes a generation starts out with family members all exhausted.

7) Sock glitch, as reported by others, I have a drying rack for them to put the socks on but the characters can't pick up the darn socks, they just keep piling up.

8) Ghost children heard when a child has a toy and is not playing with it as reported.

9) No buy coins option anywhere in the game even though the help page says there is one.

I have been playing in windowed mode to alleviate the cursor glitch but all of the others still persist. You guys should really have quality assurance control when screening these games.............
I haven't seen some of the other glitches but I am sure I will see them eventually

This game REALLY needs an update.

Well said!
































2

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by CareBear7x7 on Jun 14, 13 4:57 PM
I have a glitch on VF2. My sale stuff has been the same for three days. A eisel and a barbque grill. How do i fix the glitch? Thanks

 

Re:Post any Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House technical issues here only

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 15, 13 9:10 AM
Finally experiencing the kitchen career glitch I've seen others refer to. My character never ever finishes a work cycle and there's never the message that he's earned some money. However, if I leave the game he does progress and earn money.

 
 
 
 
Go to: