bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Apr 27, 13 2:13 AM
Hi Fishies,

Teeha4 - my best suggestion would be to run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so that we can take a good look at this with you. This will also help us anticipate any issues you may have with future games so we can work together to combat them.

jctelly - I found a post over here with some useful info about the dacshund if you would like to check it out. We will look into this on our end too so if you need more help, please drop us a line so we can provide advice specific your your computer.

doneganart - Have you tried looking at the following here which provides advice for the error you are seeing?

However, as above, if you would like us to look into this for you and provide some troubleshooting specific to your computer, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hoping this info is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here onl

[Post New]by OliveRidley on Apr 27, 13 8:26 AM
PC Windows 7

I have the same problem as tickledpinkfish with letters and pictures missing in the trophy explanations.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 27, 13 10:46 AM
Hey OliveRidley!

Since you're experiencing those same issues I would first recommend checking for any video card driver updates since this helps for the game to display everything correctly.

If that doesn't help then one of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look and offer some specific troubleshooting suggestions. Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Apr 27, 13 10:54 AM
In regards to slow DL..maybe you folks just need to clean your cookies and files on a daily basis... ...or get faster MGMB..Xfinity is the way to go if you have it in your area... ..JMO

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 27, 13 12:20 PM
Those are some great suggestions, Underthebridge, thanks for sharing!

bfgIzara

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Apr 27, 13 1:25 PM
Just left Enigma Agency since counld not pick up lever and had nothing left to do. i go to EAP Masque of Red Death and it saves that my saved game is corrupted and have to create new profile? I could not get back to Extras to finish the Bonus Play, so now I have to play the entire game over to get to the Bonus Play? Really getting sick of these issues with BFG! 2 games in a row at expensive prices??

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Apr 27, 13 2:54 PM
Hey nflynn,

That certainly sounds frustrating, especially with that 'corrupted game' message showing up.

It's possible that the game will have to be started over again, however before doing so please be sure to let our Tech Support Team know about the message first. They will have some specific steps to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again!

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Thanks!

bfgIzara

doneganart
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by doneganart on Apr 27, 13 4:53 PM
Well, I am not going to keep trying to redo my computer again as the other two games I bought with it worked fine. But I think I have bought my LAST Big Fish Game!

Edited on 04/27/2013 at 10:15:13 PM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 28, 13 2:29 AM
Heya doneganart,

I can definitely understand your frustration and am very sorry for the issues you are experiencing with the game.

If you would like to try with some steps that are specific to your system, please get in touch with our dedicated Tech Support Team and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report with your message. They'll be happy to get everything checked out for you!

Good luck!

bfgBiwa

doneganart
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by doneganart on Apr 28, 13 9:30 AM
No, I am not going to mess with my computer as it has the settings I want. I will just stop playing Big fish games. I really think the responsibility is yours to test your games out on several systems to make sure they work for the general public that has all sort of different computers. As I said the other games I had downloaded with this one worked fine. I am not going to redo my computer just for one game, as I have had to do before.

So lets just leave it at that.

ackpfft
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by ackpfft on Apr 28, 13 2:17 PM
I accidentally set the game to widescreen, and now I can't access anything, so I'm not able to reset it to full screen. My own dumb fault, but I could use some help. I've tried deleting, and re-installing, I've even gone in and deleted all the game files and tried re-installing....still comes up in a little block screen on the upper left corner. I've tried changing the resolution and it comes up the same. Bumming hard.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Apr 28, 13 4:45 PM
The game kept freezing up on me and I could not complete. Frustrating. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing worked.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Apr 28, 13 4:47 PM
Tedious games and won't buy Poe anymore. Games kept freezing up. When you offer and bundle of the same games, you should be sure they work. I want my money back.

[Post New]by bevjackman on Apr 28, 13 9:48 PM
Everything was fine all the time I was playing the trial but as soon as I bought the game I now can't play as I keep getting the message "the full screen mode requested is not supported by your video card". I haven't requested any changes & I can't open game to make any.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Apr 29, 13 1:39 AM
Heya Fishies,

doneganart - While it can happen that some of our Fishies experience problems, we always run various tests before our games are being released. This also includes tests on all operating systems that we currently support.

ackpfft - That doesn't sound too nice and you definitely have tried a lot already. I would recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team, they'll be able to give you some more in-depth steps to get this solved .

admiral1133 - When a game freezes like that it is often a sign that some of the software on your computer could do with an update before the game can play without problems. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

bevjackman - It sure is frustrating to get such problems after the game has been purchased, especially when the trial worked just fine. It could be that some trial files are still influencing the game. As we can't check this further it would be best if you get in touch with our Tech Support Team, they'll be happy to check everything out for you!

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left. If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Cygnata
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Cygnata on Apr 29, 13 3:50 AM
The game runs mostly fine... until I get to the statue tower of hanoi puzzle. I can move the skullcaps, but NOT the faces. They are completely unclickable.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 29, 13 9:58 AM
If you get rid of the snake and take the contents of the basket prior to picking up the dog, you will no longer be able to access that area. This means you won't be able to get the dog, and the dog will be needed later on.

I created a support ticket stating I was able to reproduce it.

[Post New]by Sunshine2104 on Apr 29, 13 12:15 PM
Ever since I purchased and downloaded this game, my Game Manager shows I have no games to play. I uninstalled and reinstalled Game Manager and it still says the same thing. I am trying to download my games again and it keeps hanging at 99%. Please help.

cefortner
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by cefortner on Apr 29, 13 12:48 PM
The game downloaded in about 1 hour and 15 min. I can live with that. However, it appearantly didn't download properly. I have a white background with the fountain in the center and a few trees around. I can't use the custom curser as it moves very slowly and has delayed movement. It works somewhat better if I turn off the custom curser. I usually get both the wheels, but that is as far as I get before I give up in frustration. I use a Dell pc with windows 7. Please advise if there is anything I can do. I have uninstalled and downloaded again with the same results.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Masque of the Red Death CE technical issues here on

[Post New]by Hespera on Apr 29, 13 1:38 PM
hi cefortner. Check to see if you have the latest driver for your video/grahics card.

Here's a link for a BFG help article that can help you in this endeavor.

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/158

Just copy and paste it in your browser

Edited on 04/30/2013 at 2:31:15 AM PST

Go to: