deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

Re:Sharing some tips for the game.

[Post New]by deadme on Feb 4, 15 1:36 AM
SunFlash wrote:
deadme wrote:

In the Mayan runes board itself did you know you can click all the e.g Gebo runes from the board if your getting too many of them

I don't understand what this means. Can someone clarify it a little, please?

On the Mayan rune board you play it by matching the runes to move the Blue figure around and when your needing certain runes to make your path up to the chests you buy lots of rune kits in hope that you get the piece that is needed to move closer to the chests. Over time you get lots of the same pieces and I have seen that you can click all those piece of the rune that you have lots of off the board, so when it comes to buying them them in hope that you won't be getting the same pieces all the time.

You can only click anywhere on the Mayan board matching the runes you can't do this on the dragon rune board which is a shame.

Another e.g when you first open the board to play Mayan runes you make paths up to the chests. Lets say you have 2 Gebo runes and then a Kraz and then either side of the Kraz and above you've another Gebo, I'm saying you can click all the Gebo runes all at once as it's quicker that way, you don't have to do all of them just the path that you want to make to the chests.

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Feb 4, 15 10:33 AM
Thanks, I get it now. You don't have to be right next to a rune to delete it. You can delete a rune anywhere on the Mayan board.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Feb 4, 15 11:08 AM
deadme wrote:
SunFlash wrote:
deadme wrote:

In the Mayan runes board itself did you know you can click all the e.g Gebo runes from the board if your getting too many of them

I don't understand what this means. Can someone clarify it a little, please?

On the Mayan rune board you play it by matching the runes to move the Blue figure around and when your needing certain runes to make your path up to the chests you buy lots of rune kits in hope that you get the piece that is needed to move closer to the chests. Over time you get lots of the same pieces and I have seen that you can click all those piece of the rune that you have lots of off the board, so when it comes to buying them them in hope that you won't be getting the same pieces all the time.

You can only click anywhere on the Mayan board matching the runes you can't do this on the dragon rune board which is a shame.

Another e.g when you first open the board to play Mayan runes you make paths up to the chests. Lets say you have 2 Gebo runes and then a Kraz and then either side of the Kraz and above you've another Gebo, I'm saying you can click all the Gebo runes all at once as it's quicker that way, you don't have to do all of them just the path that you want to make to the chests.

You're a wealth of information Deadme, I never knew this, and will try it tonight, Thanks as always!

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Feb 4, 15 11:36 AM
Your welcome

Another tip I've got is that you can wear the gold gaining talismans piggy bank ect and while you go visiting neighbours and clicking on all the creatures you get the extra % whatever the talisman your wearing, only tried it out with gold gaining talisman as it takes such along time visiting neighbours and the extra gold goes towards paying for masks ect needed to feed all the creatures.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Feb 4, 15 11:47 AM
You've mentioned this before and I've used a coin increaser and it really pays off! Thanks again!

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Feb 4, 15 12:04 PM
deadme wrote:Your welcome

Another tip I've got is that you can wear the gold gaining talismans piggy bank ect and while you go visiting neighbours and clicking on all the creatures you get the extra % whatever the talisman your wearing, only tried it out with gold gaining talisman as it takes such along time visiting neighbours and the extra gold goes towards paying for masks ect needed to feed all the creatures.
Wow, I never knew this. Thanks for the tip.

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Feb 4, 15 12:41 PM
A great little cheat i posted elsewhere, but really belongs here: it's to get rid of those pesky Twilight Genies, Marine Queens and Blue Octopuses, especially when you are new and still learning the rooms, and have no gadgets to get rid of them:

When the room you want to explore is infested with one of these ghosts:

1. open the room
2. if it's a twilight genie: wait a few seconds until the rainbow effect is at its lightest colours.
3. press Print Screen on your keyboard.
4. Pause the game (VERY important!!!)
5. open a new blank document in Word, (or other word-processing software, or even Paint) and click on Paste.
6. now that you have the screenshot in Word, you can look for the items, and take all the time that you need; if needed, make a note of where the first 6 items are, and when you are ready, go back to the room, Resume the game, and click on the first 6 items. if you forget where any of the items are, don't panic - just Pause the game again, go back to your screenshot in Word, and find it again.
Repeat steps 1 to 6 until you have found all the items :-)

Edit: i forgot to say, if the screenshot in Word is a bit too small, you can use the Zoom tool to enlarge it as much as you want.

Edited on 02/04/2015 at 12:56:12 PM PST

love_doxies
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by love_doxies on Feb 4, 15 2:31 PM
deadme wrote:

In the Mayan runes board itself did you know you can click all the e.g Gebo runes from the board if your getting too many of them and I would suggest getting all the chest as there are parts of the " Voodoo Sandals" in all 3 chests every now and then.

I've used this technique to go throught the Mayan maze really fast. Remove all the runes along your route except the one or two blocking the little maze guy. When your route is ready, remove the ones blocking him, then point him to each object to collect.

Lots faster! Wish they'd make the dragon maze work like this!

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Feb 4, 15 3:01 PM
saturnina100 wrote:A great little cheat i posted elsewhere, but really belongs here: it's to get rid of those pesky Twilight Genies, Marine Queens and Blue Octopuses, especially when you are new and still learning the rooms, and have no gadgets to get rid of them:

When the room you want to explore is infested with one of these ghosts:

1. open the room
2. if it's a twilight genie: wait a few seconds until the rainbow effect is at its lightest colours.
3. press Print Screen on your keyboard.
4. Pause the game (VERY important!!!)
5. open a new blank document in Word, (or other word-processing software, or even Paint) and click on Paste.
6. now that you have the screenshot in Word, you can look for the items, and take all the time that you need; if needed, make a note of where the first 6 items are, and when you are ready, go back to the room, Resume the game, and click on the first 6 items. if you forget where any of the items are, don't panic - just Pause the game again, go back to your screenshot in Word, and find it again.
Repeat steps 1 to 6 until you have found all the items :-)

Edit: i forgot to say, if the screenshot in Word is a bit too small, you can use the Zoom tool to enlarge it as much as you want.

Saturnina, That is brilliant!
A little too late for me now, but sure could have and would have used this tip a couple centuries ago. No worries about timing, not having phase watches, gloomy silence or nautilus pallium. If you knew how afraid I was to get caught with all that paranormal activity and how much I spent in crystals chasing them away you would be surprised I'm embarrassed to say. Now of course, I'm bummed if I don't get any!
Thanks great technique

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Feb 4, 15 4:41 PM
awww thank you so much starmagicgreen

i was rubbish at exploring the rooms with the ghosts when i was new, really really rubbish. and yes i was a bit scared too... suddenly one day it just came to me, it was a bit of a "doh! take a screenshot! why didn't i think of this before!?!"
As they say, "necessity is the mother of invention", not quite an invention here, but using someone else's
And as you say, this saves on gadgets and talismans; i remember how hard it was to make enough gold to buy anything; getting 7,500 gold to buy bells when you're new takes what seems like forever!

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 4, 15 11:34 PM
love_doxies wrote:
deadme wrote:

In the Mayan runes board itself did you know you can click all the e.g Gebo runes from the board if your getting too many of them and I would suggest getting all the chest as there are parts of the " Voodoo Sandals" in all 3 chests every now and then.

I've used this technique to go throught the Mayan maze really fast. Remove all the runes along your route except the one or two blocking the little maze guy. When your route is ready, remove the ones blocking him, then point him to each object to collect.

I never knew this! I tried it and it was a lot faster. Thanks for the tip.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Feb 5, 15 7:41 AM
Thanks deadme for teaching an old dog a new trick I never knew this about the Mayan board! Amazing how much time this saves not waiting on the popcorn bucket to saunter leisurely around the board. Ingenious find! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tip

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Feb 5, 15 7:50 AM

I guess I didn't know I was using such a cool cheat! I learned this very early on and was bummed when it didn't work in the dragon mazes. I have challenged myself to see how fast I can get all 3 chests and any other goodies on the board, got it down to 1 minute, 43 seconds.
Great tips and the one on screen prints is awesome, going now to try it.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Feb 8, 15 1:22 PM
Deadme, just wanted to let you know that I have been using this technique since you posted it on this thread and I love it, couldn't be simpler, that little guy just zips, zips, and you're done!

Thanks again!

B1560
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by B1560 on Feb 8, 15 5:09 PM
love_doxies wrote:
deadme wrote:

I too have been using this trick for quite a while and was very disappointed it doesn't work in the dragon mazes. I'd be happy if it would even just work on the runes that are visible in front of you, so they could still keep the clouds that hide part of the maze.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Feb 8, 15 5:18 PM
I keep trying the scrolling trick when feeding the creatures. I think I am doing it wrong. Did I miss the tip on how to hold your tongue right?

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Feb 8, 15 5:38 PM
achumannfaery wrote:I keep trying the scrolling trick when feeding the creatures. I think I am doing it wrong. Did I miss the tip on how to hold your tongue right?

lol, that's your problem, don't use the tongue. Select creature, prior to feeding go to right arrow, click on arrow, go once, twice, whatever, then feed, repeat, and then repeat, over and over again. Oh and again.

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Feb 8, 15 5:43 PM
Well, darn, can honestly say that's the first time I have been told that!

Will keep trying! Last week I fed 2000 creatures in bellows and paris. I did get lots of dust bags from the juggler. But not one clover which I am desperate for. Nor the rocks from the tree. I need 25 which I only have 3 of!

B1560
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by B1560 on Feb 9, 15 7:33 AM
achumannfaery wrote:Well, darn, can honestly say that's the first time I have been told that!

Will keep trying! Last week I fed 2000 creatures in bellows and paris. I did get lots of dust bags from the juggler. But not one clover which I am desperate for. Nor the rocks from the tree. I need 25 which I only have 3 of!

Faery, I have 15 Blazing Coals that I would gladly trade for Fire Dust. I can't get the Ace of Spades to drop in Venice no matter how many rooms I do It seems the game knows what we need and gives us anything but that item

PS: I usually just buy the Clover for 15 crystals. That's three trips through the runes and it's a LOT less frustrating than trying to get the stingy Dryad to drop one!

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 7:37:31 AM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Feb 9, 15 9:59 AM
I utilized the tip Crow and Clash gave about keeping some in stock. Once I had 5 of the fire dust, the juggler gave them a bit more frequently. I have only ever found one clover! EVER!! I was gifted one once, what a wonderful treat that day was! Now if I could just get some blazing rocks....Would be happy if we could trade B! It seems there is a fine line between difficult and impossible and the devs are flirting with it....

Go to: