Re:Reviews for Mystery Case Files: Fates Carnival Collectors Edition

[Post New]by mattiehelen2002 on Feb 10, 14 6:42 AM
Well, I finished the game, and the bonus game. I am on the secret room. I have to laugh because I wanted a section where I could go back and replay the nifty puzzles. I asked for it and got it and still had to use the hints, but not the strategy guide - hahahaha. I have decided that I really like this game and will be playing it over and over even though I know I can't master the game without hints. I want to find all the bobbleheads that I missed. It took me 87 hours to solve Return to Ravenhearst and I still love playing it. Fates Carnival took me several weeks and I had to take numerous breaks to relax my brain.

What I really loved about Madam Fate's carnival is that there were no sections that required speed. As a senior, my hands and eyes don't move as fast. Also, I played it in easy mode and will always play in easy mode because it is still hard.

Thanks BF. There were so many facets to this game. It had something for everyone. I still say this game is not for the faint of heart, but give the game a 5-Star rating.

[Post New]by fictiongal on Mar 19, 14 4:58 PM
I know I'm late to this forum but just wanted to say I really did not like this game. It was nothing like the early MFC games that I enjoyed and kept drawing me back into playing them.

For me, if I have to use the 'hint' button more than two times in a game, you most likely have lost me. I want logic and things that make sense. Ex. If I see that I have to somehow get a fish out of water I know that I have to put items together to make a fishing pole.

Not: Oh! I see something in a tree I have no clue....oh! I see a ladder, I'll try that but no that doesn't work....hmmmm, I'll check the 'hint' button...huh! throw the cat up the tree? Really, Where would I have ever gotten that idea...what when all else fails throw the cat at it?

I got to the point in this game that all I was doing was using the 'hint' button because I became so bored with the game but I did want to see how the game ended.

And the storyline...I loved Ravenhearst. Thought they were great games but not every game has to revolve around Ravenhearst. Something new would be of more interest.

[Post New]by Cheryl465 on Mar 22, 14 10:15 AM
I was getting bored with the Big Fish games lately. Was thinking to stop buying anymore as I felt I wasn't getting my moneys worth. As they were getting very short and to easy. Then I found Mystery Case Files Fates Carnival and rediscovered why I liked Big Fish games.

I am very pleased with the game. And feel it was worth the $20 I paid for it at Walmart.

Cptduzer
Flounder
Flounder
2,474 Posts

[Post New]by Cptduzer on May 28, 14 12:57 PM
It has been a long time since I have so thoroughly enjoyed the yearly MCF game. In fact, so much so this has just been sitting unplayed on my computer for 3 months. But finally, it was the only unplayed game I had, so I started it.
THANK YOU! It took what I loved about the first ones, and upgraded the experience. Thank goodness, no live action, no juvenile body part jokes, not too many HO's, but most of all, GREAT PUZZLES. I was so pleasantly surprised, although I must admit I did use the map, which kept me from toing and froing endlessly. I don't know if that is a great addition, or if it just made me lazy. I missed a couple of bobbleheads, and one card - but this game is staying on my computer to play again in the timed mode and I will get another chance.
You know I must be impressed if it actually brought me back to the forums to post! Bravo MCF - and thank you!

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Jul 24, 14 11:10 AM
I really loved this game, one of the best MCF in a long time. Some of the puzzle I had to skip as couldn't play them, other than that I loved it didn't want it to end! I loved the cat.

lukefsje
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by lukefsje on Jul 31, 14 9:05 AM
I think Elephant Games at least tried to make it feel like an MCF game, but I doubt any of the future MCF games like Dire Grove, Sacred Grove will live up to the older ones like 13th Skull, Dire Grove or the Ravenhearst games. With Fate's Carnival, the environment was kind of scary and there was the occasional jump scare. Dire Grove and even Shadow Lake felt like they were meant to be scary, but I didn't really feel anything from this.

As for the length of the game, I felt that at the end it carried on for far too long. After I played it through twice; however, I could beat it on the hardest difficulty in about two hours.

It's a shame they got rid of live actors. It just feels better to be talking to an actual person instead of an animated figure with bad lip syncing.

Overall, the game felt like they spent their time with the early parts, but by the bonus game they figured they could just have you do the same stuff over and over again to lengthen the game. The secret room was nice for people that just wanted to do the hidden object scenes and big puzzles, but I'd rather you had the option to do it more than once instead of having to play through the entire game again under a different account to replay it.

I feel like what redeemed the game for me was all of the collectibles. I enjoyed looking for the cards, bobbleheads, and old pounds. Isis's shop was a nice touch, although pointless.

I wish Big Fish Studios had done this, but the main game was still fun. Hopefully Dire Grove, Sacred Grove will be fun for the whole game.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Sep 5, 14 4:25 PM
At long last I managed to finish this game; had to keep taking breaks to allow my brain cells to re-grow! Absolutely loved most of the things in the game but wish there had been an option to replay scenes to collect anything that may have been missed. Or maybe there is and I just haven't discovered it yet. The puzzles were what made this game for me - reminded me a lot of Ravenhearst and RTR. Also why I had to keep taking breaks.....enjoyed the story-line and using Isis but didn't bother with the shop stuff. I will say that without the SG I would still be struggling with some of those puzzles, the main reason I am glad I got the CE. Also glad this one contained a proper bonus game. I think Elephant did a great job and hope they continue with the next one - and I hope it's a "regular" MCF and not FTP! Definitely a game I plan to play again......

oldbag60
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by oldbag60 on Nov 5, 14 1:57 AM
After waiting for months and months for the new BFG game I was so disappointed that Fates Carnival wasn't anywhere near what I was hoping for. Much as I like Elephant games (although I'm so bored with hidden objects and would like an alternative to endlessly finding useless items) and I liked Madame Fate etc. ,I wanted a BFG game with their unusual way of writing, illustrating, and brilliant stories. When do we expect another game solely by BFG?

Go to: