Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Nov 30, 13 10:48 AM
I seemed to have discovered a glitch in my game, I can't collect the last key in the Day and Night Theater Puzzle. It is when you have to rotate the three sheep with the wolf on the ferris wheel, nothing happens.

I have checked the strategy guide and even seen a YouTube of this part of the puzzle being solved, thinking I was doing something wrong but I am doing it exactly like the strategy guide and the YouTube that showed it being solved but when I click on the sheep, nothing happens. I even reset the puzzle to start over and it glitched in the same spot, at the sheep. Sadly the only why to get past this was to skip this puzzle, which I do not like to do.

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here O

[Post New]by fabes on Nov 30, 13 11:10 AM
When is someone from BFG going to let us know when all our issues are going to be dealt with. All these years with these guys and this is a first that we haven't heard anything from them for one of their biggest game debut. Maybe it is because this is an elephant game and not a Big Fish game. So sad that there is no more concern for us the customer

Re:post your technical problems here!!

[Post New]by Muppetlove on Nov 30, 13 12:17 PM
chinga1013 wrote:The game downloaded and installed just fine. Every time I've tried to play it, the game manager closes, the screen goes black for a split second, a dialogue box pops up saying that the game has stopped working and that windows is trying to solve the problem, then the game manager pops back up and thanks me for playing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've restarted my computer. I've made sure that everything is up to date. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game manager. Nothing works. It still does the exact same thing.

Same for me. I played it without difficulty for the 1st 2 days. Now after activating it, it shuts off immediately and states thanks for playing! I've paid fir the game and now can't play it! I've as above uninstalled and reinstalled x 2 as well.

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by Monsterchloe on Nov 30, 13 12:46 PM
kellen46 wrote:
Pepper010 wrote:
Blitzmiz wrote:I am collecting scarabs to open Mme Fate's caravan. After the 5th scarab the key to open the 6th scarab disappears and game will not allow me to collect the scarab at the tree outside Mme Fate's caravan which has broken and fallen down. Hints circle the hole in the tree but nothing seems to work. Following the (very bare) instructions in the strategy guide doesn't work. Clicking on the scarab, attempting to put the cat in the hole in the tree etc. etc. nothing works. Any ideas? Is this another frustratingly buggy game from BigFish?

I'm having the same problem, and so is someone else. See the thread titled Scarabs. I've checked the strategy guide, and I'm doing the right things, but the screen is dead, dead, dead. The cursor doesn't even turn into a hand to "touch" it. I think this is a buggy game. I've started over, not happily, with another profile and will see what happens. I'm really frustrated and wondering if BFG will pay any attention to our problems.

This is the same for me as well....any ideas on how to proceed?????

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Nov 30, 13 2:50 PM
Hello All,

I'm very sorry to hear about these issues that you're experiencing in your games.

If you're having trouble getting the games to download or activate properly, please click on the blue text below to reach a help article that offers suggestions to help with this:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If the game doesn't seem to be working properly, the best option is to uninstall and reinstall the game and restart your computer, to give that a fresh start. For help doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

This game is very large and does require a lot from your computer. If you're having display issues or if your game is crashing there may be an update available that will help things run more smoothly. For help with that, just click on the text below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If these suggestions do not help, our Tech Support Team is here and ready to offer more specialized instructions. It would really help us out if you'd include a Dr. Felix Report with your help request.

Thank you for your patience and Happy Holidays!

bfgDeveron

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

Achievement Glitches

[Post New]by vingilot on Nov 30, 13 7:16 PM
GalaxieBleu wrote:Achievement Glitches:

Also, I had tried two different times to get the "finished an HO in OVER 10 minutes" and know that I did spend over 10 minutes but it didn't give me that achievement.

I also was not able to get this achievement. Playing on a Mac.

[Post New]by gagemay on Nov 30, 13 7:39 PM
I am having the same issue as you ladies. I am playing on a laptop, windows 7 with FireFox. Never have any problem with any of the games. This game loaded fine and I have had no problems until I reached this point, now I am stuck and can go no farther. Once I switch the last two fuses there is a beep and then the game is stuck. I can do nothing but shut down Big Fish game manager and reboot just to try again and get stuck again. Please help with this. Thank You.

Re:Post Your Technical Issues for Mystery Case Files®: Fate's Carnival Collector's Edition Here

[Post New]by gagemay on Nov 30, 13 7:45 PM
The very first scarab you got there were extra pieces you should have picked up. You use those pieces to fix the broken one and then you can pick that one up also

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Nov 30, 13 9:38 PM
anyarose wrote:Having a similar problem with game freezing. Can't get past the theater key puzzle. I've checked the walkthrough, and am doing what I'm "supposed" to, however, when i zoom in on the door, it's solid black and there is only one key. I've waited to skip the puzzle at which point I am able to navigate to the correct door, but when I put the key in, the game freezes.

Cannot progress. Frustrated!

I also have the same problem at the Day and Night theater. I zoom in on the door, but the door area is blank. I can move to the door that matches the symbol on the key, but there is no lock to put the key into. The game froze when I tried to skip the puzzle and I had to Control-Alt-Delete to get out of the game.

[Post New]by RosieSparkle on Dec 1, 13 9:05 AM
I'm at Raven's Cote, but whenever I last used the lighter, it froze in my inventory, so now I can't pick it up and use it, which makes it sort of hard to finish the game

[Post New]by divazona on Dec 1, 13 11:17 AM
I am not having a problem with slow running but I got to the bomb puzzle on the roller coaster and once I get to certain point, the game freezes. My cursor moves but does not change from the had to the arrow or vice versa and I can't click on anything. The only way I can get out of the game is through my task manager (ctl-alt-del). If there a fix for this?

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Dec 1, 13 12:11 PM
Hello All,

If your game doesn't seem to be working as expected, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling that, to be sure everything has downloaded correctly. For assistance doing that, just click on the blue text below:

Uninstall/Reinstall a Game

If that doesn't help, if you'll contact our Tech Support Team, they'll be able to investigate those issues with the help of a Dr. Felix Report. They'll also be able to collect data to escalate to the developer if necessary.

Thanks!

bfgDeveron

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Dec 1, 13 1:04 PM
When I stopped playing and saved the game I couldn't get back in.
I kept hitting "resume" or "continue" or whatever it was.
I was able to play solitaire, check my achievements, etc.
Finally after rebooting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling,
rebooting the computer again, uninstalling and reinstalling,
I still couldn't resume the game.
I bit the bullet and hit "reset".
I was then able to play the entire game with no glitches.
I went on to the bonus game, then the secret room, no problems.
I used the same profile and even though I had to go through
the game again it had saved the achievements I already had,
the bobbleheads, and the gifts in Isis' lair.

[Post New]by Choppykins on Dec 1, 13 5:42 PM
kherm1 wrote:Loved the game, got through the whole thing with some assistance. In the Secret Room I am having issues with a couple of the HO scenes not completing even though the items are all gone out of tasks, and I can't pick up the card at the strongman's scene or the skull in the moon at the merry go round, which means I can't complete the tasks for Franco or Marlena (four shells and four dumb bells). So I can't finish the Secret Room.

I have only one item left and it is the skull in the moon at the merry go round. I can't select it, hint doesn't highlight it....I can't finish either.

Once I got to the scarabs part it became jerky and slow.

[Post New]by catwhisperer13 on Dec 1, 13 6:32 PM
I am using the PC version with Windows 8. I played the game for a few hours (in total) and everything worked fine. I went in to play today and the graphics are jerky and slow. I did get a message at the beginning that said: "The F?? is low and would I like to turn off the graphics" I didn't and then realized it was screwed up. I then turned off the graphics and it's still screwed up. Hope you can fix this. Great game but no fun to play when its dragging along.

fabes
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

Once I got to the scarabs part it became jerky and slow.

[Post New]by fabes on Dec 1, 13 6:52 PM
catwhisperer13 wrote:I am using the PC version with Windows 8. I played the game for a few hours (in total) and everything worked fine. I went in to play today and the graphics are jerky and slow. I did get a message at the beginning that said: "The F?? is low and would I like to turn off the graphics" I didn't and then realized it was screwed up. I then turned off the graphics and it's still screwed up. Hope you can fix this. Great game but no fun to play when its dragging along.
. I got the same message saying the f?? Is low so I disabled that and still my game did not work right still waiting for a fix of game.

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Dec 1, 13 8:06 PM
I have the same problem with the fuses at the roller coaster and the game freezing. I am wondering if you are actually trying to fix it? I read all six pages and only saw two automated responses.

[Post New]by jsdykstra on Dec 1, 13 11:08 PM
I am having a different puzzle problem, inside the theater hall I go to do the safe and didn't get the code right (didn't realize about the lens) how do you reset it? It doesn't look like there is an option to and that sucks since I don't skip puzzles. Is it a glitch, made this way or is there some reset I don't know about?

Edited on 12/01/2013 at 11:09:12 PM PST

ShazzaB
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by ShazzaB on Dec 2, 13 3:17 AM
EZTAYLOR13 wrote:Bought game (of course). It will not download, at all. Nothing. I've tried 4 times now. Anyone else having this issue?

Same thing here, have a brand new computer, 2 weeks old. Has there been any resolution to this yet? I select "run" and absolutely nothing happens. It is in my folder, I can see it, but it won't launch.

Edited on 12/02/2013 at 3:18:49 AM PST

[Post New]by sitngulfside on Dec 2, 13 5:53 AM
I still have yet to be able to install on my computer. Although the download process is doesn't work the same. It starts trying to download the entire game then changes to the demo version, also it never asks permission, which all others do, for the install. I've tried the uninstall of the manager and game three times and nothing.... I have no issues with other new games.

Hope it gets fixed soon... I've been waiting for a good Mystery Case Files game.

Go to: