oldlady55
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by oldlady55 on Mar 11, 14 3:56 PM
The first time I played this game it worked fine. The second time the compass needle would not go into the inventory which I know a number of other fishies have experienced. I uninstalled and reinstalled this game. Now The winch won't go into the inventory so can't go any further. I agree with everyone else. This game has a number of tech issues and the developers really should be made to fix it so people can play the game. I will be thinking seriously about buying the sequel if this is the sort of expereice we are going to expect.

[Post New]by thornsontherose on Mar 12, 14 3:30 AM
My demo failed to install. It comes up "installation failed", I click, give it the permission all my games ask for, and then it goes back to "installation failed".
I deleted and reloaded it. Same issue. I deleted big fish application from my PC, rebooted, and tried all again. Same issue.

I'm on Windows 8, on hp pavilion 17 notebook pc. have all the latest updates. Please help. I really want to see this game.

[Post New]by Lanthiriel on Mar 12, 14 6:23 PM
Hi,

I have an odd problem. In the first chapter, I get to the well with my newly defrosted bucket, and place the bucket, rope is tied on, etc, BUT it will not let me put the bucket down the well!

Any ideas on how to resolve this glitch?

Thanks!!

Edited---just went back to play--the game let me play thru to chapter two even though the well never worked; whatever was down the well I don't have and that may be a problem later. Thanks!

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 6:36:15 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 12, 14 7:37 PM
This is a ridiculous amount of TECHNICAL PROBLEMS! 6 pages of tech issues versus 4 pages (including tech issues) of regular game forum.

I sincerely hope those of you with tech issues are contacting Customer Support directly as, clearly, there is no moderator presence here. They would just direct you to help pages and Customer Support anyway!

So please, PLEASE contact Customer Support so that they are aware of all of these issues, otherwise there is no way for them to know - they don't read the forums! Once they receive enough complaints about an issue they can then forward the info to the developers who will then (hopefully) begin to work on some fixes!

Even if you've given up and trashed the game, sending in a report will (again hopefully) help those who are wanting and hoping for a fix! And you could get a game coupon!

To get to Customer Support: Look for the "Help" button in the top right corner of this page, click on it, then when you get to the next page look at the bottom of the left-hand column for "Still need Help? Contact Us" - click on that. Send in your report and don't forget your Dr. Felix (instructions should be on the report page).

Edited on 03/12/2014 at 8:23:02 PM PST

onefeather
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by onefeather on Mar 13, 14 12:49 AM
This game is nothing but problems, it will play for 15min. and then freeze, I reboot and it will go for about the same time or a little longer and then do the same. There is nothing wrong with my computer and it has all the updates and it still does it. Please fix the game or give us credit or money back. Thank you.

onefeather
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by onefeather on Mar 13, 14 12:52 AM
Same problem, this game has a way too many bugs..

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Mar 13, 14 3:06 AM
I've placed the letters on the shelf in the bedroom. SG says i need to then do the HOP at the suitcase - but I have no suitcase there???

Jake1999
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Jake1999 on Mar 13, 14 8:15 AM
I seem to have quite a few issues with some of the games. The demos work fine until I purchase them, then they don't work anymore. I've been a member of this game club for years, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to cancel my membership.

[Post New]by DarkSnowWhite on Mar 13, 14 10:05 AM
I bought this game as part of a bundle deal, so I've paid full price for this game minus the discount for being a member.

I have an iMac and first played the game a couple of days ago, noticed it was jumpy and slow, thought it might sort itself out until I got to the basement and realised I didn't have the faucet handle from the HOP in the bedroom, so checked on here and realised it was a problem with the game… so I started it again today and now same thing! But with TWO different HOPS this time the car boot for the winch and again the Faucet handle.

I'm not happy at all about this, as so many have had problems with it and no Moderator responses on here from Big Fish… I will be contacting Customer Support.. AGAIN… But in all honesty Big Fish should be selling games on their site if they are known to have SO many glitches with them…. as for Goblinz the game company why did they bother releasing a very good game that doesn't work properly??????

[Post New]by skullsandlace on Mar 14, 14 12:27 AM
crypsynight wrote:I've placed the letters on the shelf in the bedroom. SG says i need to then do the HOP at the suitcase - but I have no suitcase there???

Have you done everything on the shelf above the bed? You need to light the candle, put a rose in the vase, and place the letters on the shelf before the suitcase HOS will be activated.

[Post New]by skullsandlace on Mar 14, 14 12:31 AM
howdytwo wrote:Re the hook on the porch: I can't get it. I melted the chain but now cannot get the hook.

Also in the car's seat, the knife won't cut so I can't remove whatever is in there.

Help, please...

It's been awhile since you posted this, but you have to have the rope ladder before you can grab the hook from the chain. Basically, you have to melt it, crack it in half with the crowbar, then use the rope ladder to get the hook.

Also, you can't use the knife for the car seat until it's sharpened in the shed...and that only comes after you fix the machine.

[Post New]by skullsandlace on Mar 14, 14 12:40 AM
Did anyone else have trouble getting the faucet stem for the cistern?

SG says it's supposed to come from an HOS in the closet, but for some reason, no HOS is appearing. I still have a few items in my inventory, so maybe I still have to do something to access it? But according to the strategy guide, I should have had access to it already.

[Post New]by de78lo on Mar 14, 14 4:06 PM
I am in the bedroom, in the suitcase and cannot get into the can to get the ladybug.
I click on the can and just get a spinning gear.

Post your TECH ISSUES for True Fear: Forsaken Souls Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by bugganoze on Mar 14, 14 8:18 PM
my hints will not work anymore and I am stuck. I looked at the guide it says I should have gotten a dumbbell but there is no HOP for me to play. I have tried everything and I don't know what to do now.

[Post New]by MelissaLossa on Mar 15, 14 9:56 AM
skullsandlace wrote:Did anyone else have trouble getting the faucet stem for the cistern?

SG says it's supposed to come from an HOS in the closet, but for some reason, no HOS is appearing. I still have a few items in my inventory, so maybe I still have to do something to access it? But according to the strategy guide, I should have had access to it already.

Same issue here - I've reached a point where I can't go any further without that faucet stem, but I've already played the HOS in the closet and didn't get it. Now my map shows no available actions and the hint doll just bobs uselessly when I click her. Guess I'm stuck.

[Post New]by mrspopcornharry on Mar 16, 14 10:10 AM
Tried demo. Everything worked fine. Bought game. Played all the way through regular and bonus games without any problems. Closed game. Went to replay the next day and game would not even open. Got error message. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Got same error message. Anyone else have this problem?

wabpita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wabpita on Mar 16, 14 11:23 AM
When in full screen, game window is too low to see the hidden objects found or the clues for the list of items to be searched.
I agree with others that are tiring of game glitches. I have had to throw away games I have paid for. I have done all as instructed including Dr. Felix.
I have been a member for over six years and have become very frustrated and disappointed.

[Post New]by miminz on Mar 16, 14 4:49 PM
HELP!!! Has anyone had any problems getting the 'lock bits' to repair the lock in order to retrieve the QUEEN chess piece after the Catacomb HOP in Chapter 3? I finished the HOP but it didn't give me the bits and now i'm stuck. Map indicates nowhere to go and the HINTS girl just drops her head. So frustrating after playing for HOURS!!!

[Post New]by nancypaul75 on Mar 20, 14 3:17 AM
Have you come up with a "fix" for this game yet? Been waiting forever! Please let me know. Keep getting Error Access Violation at 0x7531585F. Program terminated! Playing on a PC.

[Post New]by julesmarie on Mar 20, 14 10:42 AM
Hoorah having had to restart game when bonus chapter froze and wiped all my profile off, I finally just finished the Bonus chapter, Wasn't happy having to go all way through game just for bonus though.

Go to: