dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

Re:Crest collections - 6/17/14 update expanded collectibl

[Post New]by dracslady on Jun 29, 14 12:05 PM
completed the paintings. is there a point to doing it again?

moezaic
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by moezaic on Jun 29, 14 12:24 PM
You can do them again to get extra stars for the slot machine.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:Crest collections - 6/17/14 update expanded collectib

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jun 29, 14 12:26 PM
moezaic wrote:You can do them again to get extra stars for the slot machine.

I don't think you can get the paintings again, but you can get multiple collections for stars (maps, toy robot, etc..)

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 1:03 PM
Dracs, I only am redoing to help people figure things out.

But I see that some folks are selling the items - so if you can recoup some of the resources that went into playing the MG itself might be worth it.

But I am not going to replay them until there are more quests involving them or I want to get something for a collection to cash it in... through the crest collections you are getting two things to sell or use.

dracslady
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by dracslady on Jun 29, 14 2:25 PM
I have tons of resources Oddly so like you I am gonna sit back and see what comes.
I swear I should uninstall LOL. This is making me grumpy.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 29, 14 2:35 PM
dracslady wrote:I have tons of resources Oddly so like you I am gonna sit back and see what comes.
I swear I should uninstall LOL. This is making me grumpy.

Amen! I was so busy making lists when this all started I was about four days behind everyone else, so I got to benefit from all the threads about the problems and missed out on most of them.

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Jun 30, 14 11:45 AM
Hi I cant find anyone else complaining about my problem. I have talked to Chris at the wharf and looked in the box, fed the cat but not bought and have the first painting and 4 USA map parts. the piece left is supposedly the third piece which according to everyone here is in the butterfly sanctuary 4. I have now played this 20 times in a row but no map piece, what is gong on!!!!

before anyone asks its resource number 4 I am trying

Edited on 06/30/2014 at 11:49:05 AM PST

archer1961
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by archer1961 on Jun 30, 14 2:49 PM
What am I doing wrong? I have found one painting but the only quest left is buying the cat which I am not going to do. I cannot find any pieces even though I am looking in the places listed in this thread. I completed the amber one but cannot find anything else.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jun 30, 14 5:36 PM
Hiya, Let me provide some thread locations where there are extensive discussions about your questions. I am pretty sure you will find the answers in these places

But the short answers are - you have to buy the cat because it helps you find the clues. Once you buy the cat you will also get the first amber shard; they don't drop unless you have the cat.. Archer try this thread....

SPOILER ALERT-- Quests from Yokohama Chris
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285147.page

Now if you do not have the gold to buy the cat, don't worry about it. You can let a quest go. I would think it will be repeated at some time and it is not worth the grief. If you go look at your achievements on the top right of the game scene you can see things you can do to collect gold. Apparently, you can also gain gold on the slot machines. I don't play the slots much but there are lots of threads out there about them.

Mercy, if you fed the cat I am going to assume you have not bought the necklace... I am not sure it is needed. This thread is best one for you...

Where to Find Paintings
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285603.page

This one is very good for what is hanging up people:
What on earth am I doing wrong?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/286599.page

And of course, the first post in this thread.

Good luck!

Edited on 06/30/2014 at 5:41:50 PM PST

Mercy_red
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Mercy_red on Jun 30, 14 11:01 PM
Oddly I already have the amber shards I am onto the next painting where you need the usa map pieces and other threads which said from Boomzap that buying the cat is not necessary to complete the paintings. my point is that butterfly sanctuary 4 after 20 tries has not dropped my map piece

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 1, 14 3:57 AM
Mercy_red wrote:Oddly I already have the amber shards I am onto the next painting where you need the usa map pieces and other threads which said from Boomzap that buying the cat is not necessary to complete the paintings. my point is that butterfly sanctuary 4 after 20 tries has not dropped my map piece

I read the same thing, Mercy, It is not necessary. But for the very reason you are stating, I would say it is necessary if one wants to do these quests for the AES paintings. That is 80 nets used and not getting an item.... If you have some special items from previous quest fests, Thanksgivng, Christmas, or Valentines go see Gleamrob in Free Gold Glitch if you are short of gold to buy the little cat.

Now if someone does not want to play the quests - no need to, there will always be more.

[Post New]by buttrfli on Jul 2, 14 4:23 PM
On the Butterfly 8 nets, I am getting tons of brick pieces but not the other. What am I doing wrong?

Ebowlee80
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Ebowlee80 on Jul 3, 14 8:25 AM
Thanks for posting the collections. I completed them several times but I am still missing one picture and I don't get the clue lady anymore. What to do? The one I am missing is the lower left.

[Post New]by sashaofvashon on Jul 3, 14 5:22 PM
None of the collection pieces for the paintings are dropping. Very frustrating. Do I really have to buy the cat?

yackyyate
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by yackyyate on Jul 3, 14 5:58 PM
A friend of mine was having trouble getting the last two paintings. Somebody posted and said to make sure you click on the clue after you put the puzzle together. She did that and it worked hope this helps

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 3, 14 6:54 PM
Ebowlee80 wrote:Thanks for posting the collections. I completed them several times but I am still missing one picture and I don't get the clue lady anymore. What to do? The one I am missing is the lower left.

If it is the bottom row far left I had to go searching for that one myself. I have it down as Phonograph collection. It was suggested that the painting are aligned to the collections. I did not try it again because I only had the one missing and would have no way of double checking the result. Once you get the picture you don't get it a second time.

No one thought to keep track which position was filled with which collection.

[Post New]by Souless_Ginger on Jul 3, 14 7:03 PM
sorry but i'm getting no new collectables...i'm paying the listed mini-games.. 3-5 times each and no new collectables. I see some other made comments that they too weren't getting any new collectables either. Anybody else having this problems? I'm at level 92. . so i'm familar with the game, but sometimes they just throw this new stuff at ya. HELP. I'm curious bout the exsplorer society quest.. does that show it's self after you get the new collections? Thanks for your time.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 3, 14 9:29 PM
Ginger, have you upgraded the animal shelter and bought the cat yet? People are having a time getting them to drop until they buy cat. Just about any thread with picture or cat will have something in regard to those quests.

Try these threads:
SPOILER ALERT-- Quests from Yokohama Chris
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285147.page

Where to Find Paintings
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285603.page

Antique Explorer's Membership Quest
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285605.page

AES Museum
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/285079.page

[Post New]by Liamvan on Jul 5, 14 10:23 AM
I have found most of collections, however I can not find any paintings.

I have the cat, the necklace and gone to the wharf. A quest does not show up for me. Any ideas what to do?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 5, 14 11:17 AM
Liamvan wrote:I have found most of collections, however I can not find any paintings.

I have the cat, the necklace and gone to the wharf. A quest does not show up for me. Any ideas what to do?

Try doing exactly this: Collect the items for the collection you are gathering, when you finish assembling the item in the game, CLICK on the clue that shows up behind it the assembled item (skipping this part causes the quest not to show up), go to where the quest should now be showing up on main screen, accept the quest, and then go play the city where the clue leads you. This seems to be working for people, also is part of the Spoiler thread right above us.

Go to: