PeterJKH
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Please post your TECH ISSUES for Fright Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by PeterJKH on Jul 1, 14 9:35 AM
Did download the update, started the game all over under a new profile, voice-overs are better now, and again, after giving the inhaler to the mother, the ghostly image of the mother remains present in the office and the game freezes. Jump-map does not work either any more, so I can not go any further.

Come on, this is the second time this happens. I really am fed up with this game, don't feel like starting it all over for the third time. Really would like to have a refund, this is rediculous!

[Post New]by OhVisibleFig on Jul 1, 14 10:18 AM
Downloaded the update, with 24 minutes of trial left. I was stuck in a HOS that was looking for all of the items I previously found, so I created a new profile. Ten minutes in, I got the black screen again. Uninstalled.Will not reinstall. Glad I did not buy.

Sjlovescc
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Sjlovescc on Jul 1, 14 10:37 AM
I purchased the game in the last couple of days. This morning there was an update which I downloaded and installed, then I started playing the game again. I got the batteries for the remote control in Room #1 and the bus rolled out from under the bed. the cursor changes when I roll over the bus but I cannot click on it and there is nothing else on the map to do but whatever is in that room. The voiceovers are not great but that does not particularly bother me. I love this game so far but am now stuck. The map does not jump all the time either but mostly works. I am running Windows 8.1; don't know what other info you might need.
Thanks!

gamer_girl_09
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by gamer_girl_09 on Jul 1, 14 10:47 AM
Same here about the bus. Played the demo, and then just now purchased it. Played 15 minutes and can not do anything else because the game freezes up when I click on the bus. I can click on the map and go to other locations (nothing to do though) and re-enter the bus driver's room, the cursor turns to the eye when I hover over the bus, but then the scene freezes up once I click on it.

I hate paying $14 for a new game and not being able to play it

kitwhite
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by kitwhite on Jul 1, 14 11:50 AM
Same here with the bus....and yes I updated, then uninstalled and reinstalled.

phoot10
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by phoot10 on Jul 1, 14 2:32 PM
Game was working fine, no lag or problems (had only just started), then downloaded "fix" and now can't get past scene in which bandage applied to bus drivers leg; also at that scene have audio but no printed words for conversation and no inventory, hint, map, etc. Can't leave scene; have deleted and downloaded x2, any other ideas?? I pay for internet based on usage so also using up all my month of service on this game. This is second game in 2 days from BFG that I have had problems with. Hate spending my money for games I can't play.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 2:36:10 PM PST

[Post New]by Kimber673 on Jul 1, 14 3:30 PM
I was having the same problem of not being able to click on the token on the bus. Then I went to the other room and got the other token first, then went back to get the one on the bus and it worked

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Jul 1, 14 6:25 PM
smoorman76 wrote:I am also having the problems with the voices, but what really bothers me is when I try to play the bonus chapter, it displays the find list for the first scene over the inventory and doesn't display the menu buttons at all.

Well I started a new profile and it worked to give him pain meds now. Apparently he has to lower his hand and say something about let's get out of here. If he stays there with his hand out like still offering keys, well then you can't do a darn thing and the game is over.

DeijaFIsh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by DeijaFIsh on Jul 1, 14 6:29 PM
mawhiteing wrote:Has anyone else had a problem with the scene where the Bus driver is on the ground offering you the Badge and once you take the badge, the game will not allow you to exit out of the close up? I managed to find a way out of the scene so I could use the badge and continue further into the game, but when I returned to the bus to help the driver...He was still Offering me the badge (even though I had already taken and used it) and I still couldn't get the inset to close.

GAME HANGS AND IS SLOW AS MOLASSES

BUS DRIVER scene where you hand him a bandage. He puts it on, stands up and you can do NOTHING more. Sound still plays, but you cannot move. Also the sound is out of sync with the lips and jerky. I wanted to buy this game, but at this rate, it might not be worth it. AND, this is all happening still, despite the game fix patch that was on earlier today. Can they fix this mess???????????

Deijafish

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jul 1, 14 7:53 PM
Hmm, interesting to read the awesome variety of glitches in this game. I had played the demo with no problems, but as soon as I bought the game and reopened it, had no voiceovers as well as some repeated cutscenes - got the same cutscene twice on a number of occasions, once without the caption and then again with. Nothing I tried worked, and I just played out the rest of the game with no sound.

Edited on 07/01/2014 at 7:54:08 PM PST

[Post New]by mdkelly54 on Jul 1, 14 8:40 PM
Having the same issue as mawhiteing and suzyF, can't leave the inset after giving the bus driver the bandage. Even changed my options on the downloading, but that didn't work. Has anyone gotten a response on a fix for this yet?

[Post New]by EmmSeven20 on Jul 1, 14 8:53 PM
Kimber673 wrote:I was having the same problem of not being able to click on the token on the bus. Then I went to the other room and got the other token first, then went back to get the one on the bus and it worked

Confirmed that this works. Simply go to room #2 and get the first token from the lamp, then go back to the bus.

Thanks so much, as I was about to throw in the towel on this game. Still unacceptable that even after the update there are remaining bugs. We shouldn't have to be coming to the forums to work around glitches like this.

Emm

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Jul 1, 14 9:03 PM
I am having a problem in the driver's motel room. I put the batteries into the remote, the bus comes out from under the bed, and then....nothing. I have already installed the update that was supposed to fix everything, but this game still has problems.

Crashing and freezing

[Post New]by liliaapolline on Jul 2, 14 12:28 AM
I am also experiencing huge problems with this game. After bus rolls out from under bed cursor turns to eye click on bus, game freezes and crashes. 2nd game recently that has done this and I have installed the update and reinstalled the game. Very annoyed

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jul 2, 14 1:43 AM
After downloading the fix for sound...it got even worse. I had No sound were I had some sound before...and then intermediate sound...in and out.

It actually got WORSE!

NO BUY FOR ME...UNTIL THEY FIX IT! If they do? I'm tired of buying games and having to ask for money back. Or not playing them and wasting money.

What happened to the great care you had for your members? I sure miss it!!

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Jul 2, 14 5:33 AM
This game is so full of technical issues, I am shocked that someone at BFG didn't catch at least some the more evident problems before releasing it. Having said that, my most annoying issue is not being able to play the Bonus portion of the game. Once I hit "play", it goes to a hidden object game that was already played in the main game. The scene has nothing to do with the HO and I can't do anything. So, I've paid for a Collector's Edition where I can't play the Bonus game. Sigh.

[Post New]by shelgeson4 on Jul 2, 14 7:09 AM
I am at the scene when trying to put the batteries in the remote and the little bus is supposed to come out from under the bed. Then I can not do anything, I have to keep going out of the game and then back in to do 1 task at a time. Really disappointed because it seems like a great game

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jul 2, 14 9:44 AM
I put the batteries in the remote and the bus came out, but then I can't do anything. I went out came back in and got just as far as the first. time. Won't let me zoom in to the bus. Hint not working either at that point.

You have to wonder why all of these issues were not ironed out before the game was released. So frustrating for everyone who are enjoying this game otherwise.

[Post New]by Gafo4204 on Jul 2, 14 10:00 AM
My sreen freeze and nothing work after I give the bandage to the bus driver. I did the update this morning, I reinstall the game, updated my drivers, nothing works....

rmelone
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by rmelone on Jul 2, 14 12:02 PM
To those having a problem getting the token off the toy bus.

I had the same problem but somehow managed to get access to the "bus" token by going into the next room and clicking on the token puzzle (I already had the first token and had placed it on the puzzle) and when I returned to the room with the toy bus I was able to now zoom in on the bus and get the token.

Other people said they could get the "bus" token by going into the adjacent room and getting the first token there and that helped them.

Hope this helps people with the problem.

Also, I almost forgot, I had exited the game completely and then after starting it again I did the above.

Robert

Go to: