HHSan
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

Level 44: License Trouble

[Post New]by HHSan on Sep 26, 14 3:14 AM
wildasu wrote:Up until now, I haven't had any difficulties. However, at Level 44, a task appears, titled, "License Trouble." This one is odd for two reasons: (1) There is no picture of the object to be collected, and (2) No location is given, only a choice to buy for 50,000 coins.

I was able to see the picture after clicking the buy option, but after checking each possible locale, I see no place to go to "win" the object as is usual with all tasks until now. That problem, combined w the outrageous amount to purchase is unusual as well, since most objects range 5000 coins. To purchase that amount of coins could run to an outrageous sum of real cash.

This has to be a glitch. It neither follows the trend set in the first 43 levels, and the ability to attain that object is overly priced; token wise and more importantly cash-option wise. Truly, the developer missed something here. If not, it surely took joy out of this game to come so far and not be able to complete because of the absurd amount of true cash needed to finish the game

If you look through the posts, you will find that at some point towards the latter part of this game, you will be requested to renew your detectives license (which is $50,000). In all likelyhood this will set you up for the next update of the game to solve another murder.

I haven't reached that point yet because I'm only on level 34, but I assume that you can play the locations anyway to build up cash.

These ftp games are ongoing and are updated with new quests, locations etc.

I hope this helps.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

Re:Post any Nightfall: An Edgar Allan Poe Mystery technical issues here only

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Sep 26, 14 10:26 AM
I was blindsided a month ago for the 50,000 for Detective License Renewal also. I think I had about 3,000 at that time. But I have played faithfully and collected pieces of collections, things for the flying machines and although you may not collect anything, you still get coin. Although it sure does add up slowly! I am now finally up to 44,000 coin and will soon be able to pay for my license renewal. There is no location to go to, you just purchase it, and as the previous poster stated, this allows us to move on......

KaveBB
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by KaveBB on Sep 28, 14 10:41 PM
After downloading the recent update, I started the game and noticed some enhancements. These are great! Thanks! Then I closed out the game and reopened several times throughout the day. The last time I opened the game, it had erased ALL of my progress!!! It behaves as though I am playing for the first time. Is there any way to recover my data???

katzs1948
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by katzs1948 on Sep 29, 14 5:09 PM
tried to get into game and got a Run System Error called Run Library played ok yesterday please help use a dell pc thanks

[Post New]by patty1114 on Sep 30, 14 10:21 AM
KaveBB wrote:Disappearing gold. I finished my first interview and was overjoyed to see my reward. I was all set to buy stuff, but when the screen refreshed, all that I had earned was ... poof ... gone. My gold and diamonds returned to the amount I had before the interview. I was still learning the game so I chalked it up to being something I had to learn about, but someone told me that should not have happened. Can someone return my reward to me?
I had the same problem.

papa_pahs
Minnow
Minnow
289 Posts

[Post New]by papa_pahs on Oct 3, 14 6:25 AM
Before the update I was able to click on my avatar and read the diary story accompanying the game progress.

Since the update, when I click on my avatar it goes to a screen where I can change my name.

I'm not too sad about missing out on the story line, but the scrolling white line over the avatar is distracting, and the only way to make the scrolling white line go away is to read the story.

Please fix the access to the diary story. Thanks

[Post New]by sammij2 on Oct 3, 14 8:14 AM
mj14 wrote:I have been REALLY lucky up until now and never lost my progress in any of the FTP games ... until now. I was on level 14 almost to 15, logged back on just a couple of hours later (no reboot or patches installed in between) and it set me back to the beginning. Is there a way to get back to where I was? I would've exited immediately, but this game forces you to go through a tutorial and wouldn't let me log out until after I had progressed to level 2. HELP!!!

I too had the exact same thing happen, only I was much much higher in level, I can not find a way to get my original game back, any suggestions?
Thank you

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Oct 3, 14 9:17 PM
I completely agree with HHSan about the Devs making an error on the price of the License! I am level 50 and have no more quests to do except the License quest - NONE! After level 47, the quests drop down to just 1 or 2 at a time. By level 49, the License quest is the only one I have. It's realllly getting boring grinding out explorations just to earn a measly 70 coin per location. That's a TON of grinding to get to 50,000!

The other thing I noticed is there is WAY too much weather after the recent update. It's very difficult to compare 2 sides of the screen with the fog! Instead of enjoying it, I find myself dreading the fog and trying to stay away from those sites.

Also, why do they keep sending us to the same places over and over and over? I still have rooms I could be unlocking but what few quests I had (since the update), seem to take me to the same 5 locations.

I have completely lost interest in the game as it gets terribly mind-numbingly boring after just a few minutes of play; no new quests, no new story, no nothing.

I refuse to spend over $50 in real money just to proceed with this game. They could have at least made it a random drop so we have the chance of finding it like we do with the collection pieces.

Unless the Devs make some changes, I won't continue to play. They really sucked the life (and the fun!) out of this game.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Oct 14, 14 3:12 PM
When another player, Downunder3, posted about an issue with their diary, I went into my diary and noticed a few of those same entries. I don't really know what it means but appears to be a glitch with the entry that should have been entered there. One of my entries says 9-30-11:1 1854 Quest from doctor $ NO STRING $TASK_AE0069_DIARY_TEXT. From reading other text in the diary, I know that the 11:1 is supposed to be a time of day, but the second digit is missing along with all of the text.

I have several entries that say this. I am at 100% completion of the crime investigation.

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Oct 14, 14 4:05 PM
From the look of this it looks like coding for the text was inserted rather than the text itself.

[Post New]by Downunder3 on Oct 16, 14 5:10 PM
post moved from office diary blog. After level 30ish ( or the latest update not sure which) What is the purpose when it says quest from the (Laundress for example but it could be any of them banker etc) Get 5 items and get a reward then in the office diary it says "$ no string" "$ task_ (gives a code) _ diary_ text" I have about 7 of them now in my office diary and have found no benefit to it. Does anyone know what to do with that code? It shows up like a normal quest but they act like you get something big once you find the 5 items and when nothing happens it is kind of a let down. Where the reward Big fish? The 1st quest I thought it would be a food item or extra coins or something but nothing happens expect a note in the diary. I think it should be a free collection item of our choice I would love that. There are some collections I have 16 items of one thing and no matter how many times I do the location with the only missing item I need I still don't get it. It would be great to have a "wild card" to fill in the gaps but that is a new idea. You start talking about rewards and I have all kinds of ideas. Thanks Big fish And other bloggers for looking into my question.

Doodlebug2
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by Doodlebug2 on Oct 17, 14 7:15 AM
In the Office Diary under the tabs for Dupin and Dubourg there is an entry for each that is like this (different date and time for Dubourg):

Sept 29 21:3 Quest from Detective
$ No String $Task AD0031 Diary_Text

I am running Windows Vista with current updates.

dog2007
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by dog2007 on Oct 21, 14 5:54 PM
papa_pahs wrote:Before the update I was able to click on my avatar and read the diary story accompanying the game progress.

Since the update, when I click on my avatar it goes to a screen where I can change my name.

I'm not too sad about missing out on the story line, but the scrolling white line over the avatar is distracting, and the only way to make the scrolling white line go away is to read the story.

Please fix the access to the diary story. Thanks

I'm having the same problem...I have been reading every entry and like being able to look back for the interview...but I have to go to my office EVERY TIME to do that now...please fix this annoying glitch BFG

[Post New]by highwoodrose on Oct 23, 14 9:08 AM
Okay, after update, there is always fog after about 3 plays. To get to the $50,000.00 for license is pathetic. I am not spending $50.00 to get it, because this is supposed to be free. I have bought and played all the other Edgar Allen Poe games and loved them is why I started this one. I thought after the update, when you were on the quests to retrieve the 5 golden tokens with a promise of a big reward, that you would get a big reward. NOTHING! And my diary has code written in it. Is this going to be fixed? Thank you for your attention to this matter.

cannot buy crystals or coins.

[Post New]by periwinkle_sky on Oct 24, 14 7:46 PM
I have been attempting to purchase crystals or coins by clicking the + signs by the crystals or coins. I then am taken to a screen where I can purchase extra crystals or coins for various amounts of money. I have tried to purchase either the $1.99 or $4.99 choices, and cannot do so. I click the button and it does register that I clicked it, but nothing else happens.

I have successfully purchased crystals in the past.

Is this a glitch or something in my computer? I am running Windows 7 Home Premium, SP 1.

ctaz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by ctaz on Oct 28, 14 6:23 AM
I have been playing for a while now. I don't have any more quest on the left side. What happen? I have the update all ready.

redgames
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by redgames on Nov 16, 14 1:25 PM
I;m having the same problem. The only thing on my screen is the magnifying glass that says my license is not good. I have to purchase one for $50,000.
does anyone have a way around it??
Also when I have bought diamonds, I don't get the full value!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am using Windows 8

Edited on 11/16/2014 at 1:32:04 PM PST

[Post New]by sltahoemiss on Dec 4, 14 9:05 PM
I completed the mystery. I solved the case. Now I have no assignments, no tasks, nothing to do. Is the game over? Is there a way to be assigned to another mystery?

Tzeitel99
Clownfish
Clownfish
690 Posts

[Post New]by Tzeitel99 on Dec 5, 14 9:24 AM
No, now we wait for an update......

pinkdove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by pinkdove on Dec 18, 14 11:39 PM
Can someone tell me how i can get my progress back in the game. I had to do a factory restore on my computer. Which means it reset my computer back to factory condition. I did do a back up on my files. So I have information on a flash drive that I did the back up on. I just need to know how to get the information on my progress back into the game. Thanks I'll be waiting for a reply patiently. Paulette

Go to: