Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Sep 10, 14 3:32 PM
I am running Windows XP, and REALLY wanted to buy this game, BUT cannot, I've never experienced anything like what this game did to my computer, OMG it scared the you know what out of me .

I played the beginning, than went into the castle, everything ran fine, than when I came back out and clicked on the book, I got a BLUE SCREEN.
I COULD NOT use CAD, had NO mouse, NO taskbar, nothing, noda, tried over and over, CAD no response.
FINALLY after 30 minutes of looking at a blue screen, and trying to shut my computer down by holding in the power button, again NO response, I had to turn everything off using my electrical power strip, were everything is plugged in ( HAD NO CHOICE ).
When I tried re-starting my computer, it sounded like a jet engine, VERY LOUD and fast running, tried shutting it back off, BUT would re-start IT-SELF ..and nothing was coming on my monitor, BLACK, did this about 3 times, NO RESPONSE.
FINALLY got it shut off, waited 10 minutes, tried again, this time it started running normal, BUT nothing was showing up on my monitor, BLACK SCREEN .
TURNED computer off again, than switched my button on power cord, off counted to 5 than re-started, FINALLY my computer came back on, with my desktop, like normal OMG, have never been so relieved in MY LIFE.

I don't normally complain, BUT this really SCARED me, I cannot afford a new computer, and don't understand why a game would CAUSE this much DAMAGE to my computer, I have been with BF, for many years, and have NEVER had this happen before, and I hope and pray it doesn't happen ever again.

IF anyone knows who the developers are, could you PLEASE pm me, to let me know, I would like to talk to them personally?

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by Semasi on Sep 10, 14 4:41 PM
I've reached the illusion office where the TV is. I see I have 2 items in my inventory but the picture doesn't show in the box so I can't pick up the buttons to use. How can I see my buttons to use...Using Windows XP...Never had this problem before and I purchased this game this week. I can't play it....Help...

[Post New]by bsnyder559 on Sep 10, 14 10:50 PM
Keeps crashing wanted to buy ....

[Post New]by TabithaMoon on Sep 11, 14 3:54 AM
I can't even get the game to open. I'm on an iMac iOS 10.6.8. I downloaded the free trial and everytime I try to open, it cuts off and tells me there was a problem and that it quit unexpectedly.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Sep 11, 14 5:00 AM
ghostguide2002 wrote:I received a free game, good up until Sept. 21st. for the trouble with this game. The email stated I could wait for a fix to come out, or use the coupon they gave me in the email with an expiration date of the 21st.

Hopefully they'll come out with a fix, if not ... I may use this coupon, and I'm assuming it is for $13.99 I paid for this game that is unplayable.

Jennsmom ... heads up ... send in a dr. felix ... and I'm sure they'll refund your money as they did me.

Judy

Ghostguide, they have always sent me a replacement coupon. I have no quarrel with that part of the customer service. The problem is that I don't want a replacement coupon - I want to be able to play the game I purchased. Furthermore, on at least three occasions, the games I acquired with the replacement coupons have also not worked. I've done Dr. Felix many times, although not with this game. I've done all the suggestions on the page about freezing and crashing. I've uninstalled and reinstalled games. I've fussed around with settings and I've played as admin. I appreciate your suggestion, really, but I'm no longer willing to pay a monthly fee to buy games that don't work. I have some coupons I'll use because what the heck? But this is my last month with BF...even with my stuffed Felix sitting on my desk looking at me.

[Post New]by cde456 on Sep 11, 14 6:23 AM
I agree that BF needs to work on their end to fix things. I am interested in this game, but won't buy it after reading all the problems others have had. Most of the recent games have had problems, either not downloading at all for three days (!) or freezing. I, too, have been a long time participant but doubt I will purchase any more because of these problems. Not worth the time, money, or aggravation.

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Sep 11, 14 11:42 AM
I played through the game with what I had thought were no problems at all. Then, I went back to the Museums and all the items I had purchased for the Mechanical world (door 3) had disappeared. I used my remaining coins to purchase more items, but they too disappeared. Also, the bird's cost changed from 4 to 8 coins and the dog changed an amount I don't remember.

I still really like this game!! I'm sorry for all the people who can't play. I can't play the Nevertale series. I bought one, but it won't play and neither will any of the others. I also can't play any of the games made by the "bunny"

[Post New]by jk7k2b on Sep 11, 14 12:06 PM
I, too, am having lock up problems with this game. I'm running Win8.1 on a gaming machine (64 bit, i7, 3.5Ghz w/16 Gb memory) and have tried the mentioned fixes with no positive results. Hopefully a fix will come out soon because I really like what I've seen so far.

[Post New]by Luv2act40 on Sep 11, 14 1:05 PM
It seems I am not alone. My game freezes, and I cannot exit the game, I have to actually restart my computer to get it to shut down. Task manager won't let me close it either. Then when I try to get back on...it goes back and I have to do activities all over again...then it freezes up once more. Pretty frustrating, it seems like it would be a fun game to play.

Valkara
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Valkara on Sep 11, 14 8:39 PM
Windows 8.

The music won't mute. The map in the bonus section doesn't work right. Screens are slow to load. I can't access one of the Museum areas for a world I did so explore. And near the end of the game I got a cryptic note that is some kind of technical code.

I am NOT pleased.

MerryDaze
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by MerryDaze on Sep 12, 14 1:39 AM
Checking back in to see if there's been a fix yet. Nope.

I don't understand how they can put out a game like this with so many issues.

madyad
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by madyad on Sep 12, 14 3:29 AM
this is happening WAY TOO MANY TIMES w/ these games! windows 7, 32, have upgraded, updated, reloaded and still freezes when loading game; i was upto the beginning of the 3rd world-i'm tired. such exceptional games but too many technical issues

[Post New]by ballfour on Sep 13, 14 5:47 AM
okay i got the game freezes for me also hopefully you guys can get it fixed I installed and uninstalled it again and froze again

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Labyrinths of the World: Shattered Soul here!

[Post New]by Islandphish on Sep 13, 14 2:41 PM
catbag8717 wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please include the Operating System you're using.
There is something seriously wrong with this game. I wanted to post to the "locked" thread about Windows XP, but of course it is locked so that is out. I have had the same problem as the others, getting an access violation in the third world; I have uninstalled and reinstalled; I have submitted a Dr. Felix; I have been told to "submit a Dr. Felix" - so to say that I am a little annoyed would be an understatement. I really feel that Big Fish Games is losing the support of its customers, as no one seems to give a sh*t once we have purchased the game. I am running on Windows Vista Home, so it certainly isn't an XP issue, and there seem to be so many with the same problem it would be nice if BFG would admit a fix is required.

[Post New]by Raewynk on Sep 13, 14 10:04 PM
I have only managed to get to the first portal I have have already had to restart by computer 4 times because of screen freeze. I am operating a i7-3612QM CPU system. It's bad that you pay good money for a game that is constantly causing you to restart because of the problems that should be fixed during beta trials.

Jaguar2357
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Jaguar2357 on Sep 13, 14 10:45 PM
Valkara wrote:Windows 8.

The music won't mute. The map in the bonus section doesn't work right. Screens are slow to load. I can't access one of the Museum areas for a world I did so explore. And near the end of the game I got a cryptic note that is some kind of technical code.

I am NOT pleased.

Me too. The first museum refuses to open to me for any reason, and I'm all the way into the bonus chapter. Extremely frustrating, as this would have been a favorite game of mine based on story, graphics, complexity and puzzles. This is one they really need to fix simply because it is worth the effort.

Also, I absolutely cannot enter the boudoir thru the menu available when reading the notebook that is completely blocked - "your harlequin must open the boudoir" - only if I catch the popup when I find a mask can I get in. And that popup is very finicky about exactly where I click and very quick to disappear.

All these lovely extras are not fun but full of stress just trying to get them to work. Not good.

I have a Windows 7 64 bit laptop.

Edited on 09/13/2014 at 11:39:41 PM PST

littlemom4
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by littlemom4 on Sep 14, 14 8:03 AM
ATTENTION! For those getting an Error: Access, I seen a suggestion to turn off the custom cursor and special effects under the options. I did this and I am now able to play again!! Yeah maybe I can finish the game now.(I hope!!)

Raven_wing
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Raven_wing on Sep 14, 14 8:29 AM
When I try to open the boudoir I get a white screen.

Win 7 64bit desktop

Zhenya722
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Zhenya722 on Sep 14, 14 9:46 AM
ITS A FREEZER! Keep that in mind before you buy. I'm running Windows 8.1 and this is the first game in ages that has continually frozen....and this with just the demo! I would like to buy once the issues are fixed

faboomama
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by faboomama on Sep 14, 14 12:06 PM
Poof11 wrote:I can only get past the options/level page. Once the game begins loading it just freezes. As those above, I had to CAD to get out and even then my task manager would not load and then I tried closing the game via the game icon. When absolutely nothing else would work, I had to restart my computer. I am also using Win 8.1, 64bit, 10g ram, NVidia HD graphics card with 4mb ram, 2tb HD.
I already have 4 games that I cannot finish with no fix to date. What is going on with these games lately? I rarely in the 7 years or so that I have been a member had any problems like this. I always buy a computer that I build for gaming. I just don't understand how these games are making it out of BETA testing if this problem is showing itself at the opening of the game. Is it a Win8 problem? Guess, I'll just have to wait like I have been for the others to be updated.

I read this thinking I wrote it and forgot. It's exactly what I was going to say.

Go to: