DM INDEX

MaggieNE
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:DM INDEX

[Post New]by MaggieNE on Oct 11, 16 5:02 PM
eli & kara--TY both for the explanations.

eli, re your experience, perhaps once daily or every other day, I'll get an invitation screen full with five or six invitations indicating the owners haven't played in "a month". I decline those invitations.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Oct 11, 16 11:42 PM
Hi Maggie,

I see that comment" haven't played in a month" often, but I ignore it because I've found out they are in fact playing due to them sending me an in game message that day. I'm not saying that is right in all cases, but I usually accept and then if I see no action after a while I delete.

Where I have CLOSED on some of my manors, it means that I have gone as far as I want to on them, but I still invite and accept because I have the means to gift people. I go into each manor every day although I do not gift from each manor every day. If I did, I wouldn't have time to have a life of my own

I have just invited Zephyr from some of my CLOSED manors.

Airliebird60
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Airliebird60 on Oct 27, 16 1:52 PM
Hi Everybody

UPDATE

I have just opened my 18th manor(i must be mad). It is called WHITEFRIARGATE
(pronounced WHITEFRIGATE). I am accepting new neighbours so drop by if you find me.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 1, 16 7:40 AM
Airliebird60 wrote:Hi Everybody

UPDATE

I have just opened my 18th manor(i must be mad). It is called WHITEFRIARGATE
(pronounced WHITEFRIGATE). I am accepting new neighbours so drop by if you find me.

Just found it from some of my manors!

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Nov 1, 16 2:13 PM
I saw Whitefriargate while hunting for Aschenputtel. I though what a cute name. Know I know to invite as a neighbor.

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Nov 29, 16 5:29 AM
Moving up

Theorem
Flounder
Flounder
2,290 Posts

[Post New]by Theorem on Nov 29, 16 7:58 AM
Thanks Abbie!!

Without your help, I wouldn't have noticed eli's 21st manor!!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Nov 29, 16 8:29 AM
Theorem wrote:Thanks Abbie!!

Without your help, I wouldn't have noticed eli's 21st manor!!!

Ahem, after the 20th manor, it's best to keep a low profile, or else the men in white coats will come looking for you..

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Dec 3, 16 8:29 PM
Can I ask an awfully silly question, please? Why do we keep doing this? I only have about 10 manors but, as usual, recently opened another one - Godot rides again. Is it because it is actually more fun at the start (notwithstanding those damned instructions) or are we all really just waiting for the men in the white coats as Eli suggested? I would be interested in the reasons why we keep persevering with a game that is going nowhere (and, as noted, equally guilty, but can't quite figure out why I keep doing this!). Probably will start a new one next week!!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Dec 16, 16 11:37 AM
smartsquid wrote:Can I ask an awfully silly question, please? Why do we keep doing this? I only have about 10 manors but, as usual, recently opened another one - Godot rides again. Is it because it is actually more fun at the start (notwithstanding those damned instructions) or are we all really just waiting for the men in the white coats as Eli suggested? I would be interested in the reasons why we keep persevering with a game that is going nowhere (and, as noted, equally guilty, but can't quite figure out why I keep doing this!). Probably will start a new one next week!!

Here's how I see it: DM is a great game, and it's unique- I haven't found anything even remotely similar to it. Furthermore, I don't see it as a game that is going nowhere- it just has a fixed content. It's true that I've been tired of the same old items (something alleviated by the recent addition of most of the missing special items ) and long for more staple items such as buildings, plants, paths, automobiles etc, but can still find things to do with the existing ones. The novelty of new content wears off very quickly anyway, and I remember the old days when we were thrilled to get new items and chapters, only to impatiently ask for more a couple of weeks later! So, I find the game acceptable as it is, and if they would make some relatively small one-shot changes I could be playing it forever! (These are: a collection of new staple items mentioned above, inclusion of all or most of the store items in the gift shop and in the slot machines, correction of the graphics overlay glitch and lifting the 100 Energy limit from gifts).

With respect to multiple manors, this was the best and most important change in the game EVER, and is the major reason that I keep playing- if a had only one manor or two, I would have left a long time ago. Having several manors adds variety and a longer term perspective to the game. While I agree that it's more fun when you start a manor with all those quests and all, the main reason I keep starting new ones is to get LAND to be used for future decorating projects.The plan is to start a manor, open all or most of the land and then decorate, while also playing other manors gradually reaching the same point. So this is an ongoing project, and it looks very reasonable to me. The looney part is just a joke, albeit with a grain of truth when I add more manors than I can handle...but I call this foresight!

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Dec 17, 16 3:56 PM
Well, I'm definitely looney! Look for BIG Mistake. Couldn't resist when all the freebees arrived

[Post New]by PURPLEMARTINI_2 on Dec 29, 16 12:27 PM
User ID
Purple Martini_2
I have 8 Manors

Spooks Last Chance/ Level 77/ Ellie

Drunken Martini/ Level 71/ Yvette

Keikos Purple Onion/Level 68/ Yvette

Green Garnet Goldendoodle/ Level 62/Ellie

Jingling Jello/ Level 57/ Geisha

Micks Brass Banjo/Level 46/ Papa

Tobys Tangerine Tutu/Level 48/Ellie

Crunchy Cowboy/Level 10/Ellie

My Trademark is that I have a Martini Glass on all of my Manors

I accept all new neighbors. I search for forum members or those that I have on my other manors. I reciprocate gifts, but I am behind so please have patience with me. "No Gifts" mean I have too many gifts and need time to reciprocate to my neighbors.
I attend the forum parties and am known to provide specialty drinks, Martinis, Goldendoodles and even Rocky Mountain Oysters. Mom to Rocky and Dozer, my very worry provoking dragons.

I play in the evenings between 8-11pm mountain time.
Not in the family crypt yet
Live in Wyoming
Started playing April 2015

Abbietweets
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,025 Posts

[Post New]by Abbietweets on Jan 4, 17 7:00 AM
Moving up.

Time to update IMAHUGGER ! We'd all like to know the new manors.

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Jan 9, 17 8:45 PM
Hi all - with a bit of persuasion, thought I would list my 12 manors (did I mention before that I clearly need somebody in white coat to assist me - although, looking at heading towards13 (possibly unlucky) - why not make it 14??

Been playing since sometime around mid-2013 (again, I ask myself? Why???)

The following are the ones I frequent most regularly with current levels:

Godot rides again (41)
Godots new abode (35)
Godots last stand (34)
Still waiting FoDM (47)

This lot I tend to look at at random (like when the above need help - they are on a different computer):

mousehouse 1 no gifts pls (80) (my original baby!)
Madness clearly 0 gift pls (78)
WhyamIdoingthis FoDM NoG (63)
WeaveWorld Way No gfts tx (61)
HecatesHemlock Cauld nogft (50)
Ls BadMoonRising 0gfts (46)
Waiting for Godot 0 gfts tx (50)
Godot gone mad no gft tx (60)

Playing in central NSW Australia. And really should be doing some work!

Best wishes to all.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 10, 17 3:47 PM
I'm afraid I may have deleted several of those in the second group due to prolonged inactivity. Didn't know they were yours! I'll be looking for the newer ones. I like the Godot name series, especially Still Waiting!

smartsquid
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by smartsquid on Jan 10, 17 4:28 PM
I can't blame you for deleting - when all my manors disappeared, I started a couple of new ones (hence Waiting for Godot and Still Waiting) - got them back eventually (very helpful CS rep) and then the laptop decided it had had enough! More pauses! When I reopened mousehouse a few weeks back was very pleasantly surprised that I had rather a lot of gold which I had completely forgotten about! And some of them are still overrun with Gemini statues! Time to start clearing them out & replacing with something useful!

Airliebird60
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Airliebird60 on Jan 12, 17 9:15 AM
Update

Hi everyone, just letting you know I decided to open another manor which is called HullUKCityofCulture 2017 to celebrate my home town being awarded the title of UK City of Culture for this year. I hope you find it.

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 2, 17 6:59 PM
Moving back to top

Any new manors?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Feb 4, 17 6:08 AM
roses_r_red wrote:Moving back to top

Any new manors?

I wanted to start a new one and save all my gold by not buying any premium scenes but unfortunately I have too many manors already!

[Post New]by roses_r_red on Feb 15, 17 11:15 AM
So I opened another. Look for Snowmageddon

Go to: