Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Dec 1, 14 7:31 PM
I can't believe how many problems people are having with this game. Wow! I purchased the game before trying it out because I have always enjoyed MCF games so I assumed I would enjoy this one as well. haha.....can't play it cuz it won't install. I'm noticing something though....just this past year, there have been quite a few games with issues more so than a few years ago. Why?

I contacted support yesterday...Sunday.....so we'll see how things go. First it was Farm Up....now this game. I guess another credit will be issued.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove here!

[Post New]by madalee on Dec 1, 14 7:38 PM
Opened the box in Derek's house and now I can't get the glass cutter part. I have the other two, but the cursor won't change. Do I need to start all over?

NIKE1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NIKE1 on Dec 2, 14 11:45 AM
Windows 7 Professional
I had the car issue as well but when I went out and back in again, then it let me finish the coin match.
But I have a different - I cannot get the first piece for the druid amulet. It is supposed to be on the bear statue (the one with a saw in its head) and I can see it and click on it, but it never goes into inventory. So, as a result, when I go further in the game and am supposed to put the completed amulet on the stump, I can't as it's not complete. I started the game all over again and this is when I figured out which one was missing and what had happened. Now just waiting for an updated release as I cannot play further without it being fixed.

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Dec 2, 14 12:04 PM
KayleighJ wrote:Okay. Now I'm mad.

I was hung up in the alternate ending game, stuck on the ravens like many others. Then my game froze and I had to force close, and upon restart got the "Your game data has been corrupted and your profile deleted" message.

Running Windows 8.1 on an HP Pavilion

And it just happened again.
I give up. I'll shelve this game alongside Wicked Harvest, which I've been waiting on a fix for since October.

Seems like BFG is getting too big for its britches. They used to be on top of this.

Wigi
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Wigi on Dec 2, 14 6:36 PM
Geener_Weener wrote:I can't believe how many problems people are having with this game. Wow! I purchased the game before trying it out because I have always enjoyed MCF games so I assumed I would enjoy this one as well. haha.....can't play it cuz it won't install. I'm noticing something though....just this past year, there have been quite a few games with issues more so than a few years ago. Why?

I contacted support yesterday...Sunday.....so we'll see how things go. First it was Farm Up....now this game. I guess another credit will be issued.

Because the developers are making more and more complicated games without paying enough attention to the fact that these games are sold and titled as "casual games".

This whole site is titled "casual gaming", that means large number of customers haven't got the latest, newest computer but the games are developed for new computers far too much without regard for the older computers lots of people are using.

When "Escape To Ravenhurst" came out, my old computer couldn't play it... at all.
So a loyal customer who has followed the series for years had a choice, buy a new computer or give up MCF and other "casual" games.

Which I did, didn't buy a game here for over a year, just replayed the old ones.

Was "Escape" so much better than "Return", I don't think so personally.

Now I have a brand new computer and the new games run fine (although this one crashed a couple of times).

BFG need to decide what their market is. It's no good telling people this is a "casual" gaming site where you can buy casual games if the games are developed like Xbox ect. games, and if you don't have the latest console (computer) you can't play the games.

[Post New]by athena703 on Dec 3, 14 12:49 AM
My game also locked up twice, the last time it locked up right at the end of the alternate ending, when I got the last pieces of the Obsidian Dagger. I had to force close and restart the game.

Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Dec 3, 14 1:35 AM
Aloha Fishies ~ I see several of you had a similar problem with not being able to download "MCF: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove". Me, too! And after 5 or 6 (or so) tries, I was about ready to chuck my desktop out the window in frustration!

However....I (finally) went back into the forums and read the mods suggestions on downloading games problems, and this is what I did:
1. went to my desktop and opened the Big Fish Game Manager.
2. clicked Options (upper right-hand corner).
3. clicked Advanced.
4. clicked Network Connections (which, unless you have changed it, should be automatically set to: Default (recommended) [recommended is their opinion, not mine].
5. changed the setting to: Alternate Method.
6. went back to my Purchase History and clicked Install....

...and, several minutes later..."Ye Gods & Little Fishes", and "Bob's Your Uncle", everything downloaded sweet as you please!
(big grin; everything worked, and I'm a happy camper)...sooo, now off to play!
Hope this helps ~

EDIT: oh yeah, and I changed the setting back to Default after the download, because I normally don't have problems downloading games.

Also: Forgot to say what is my game system: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit OS,
AMD FX-6100 six-core processor, NVidia GeForce GT 430 (so it's not a new system).

UPDATE: now that I am further along into the game, I'm finding that several puzzles are very difficult and frustrating for me, because no clues really ("Info" isn't much help) on even where, or which part, to start with to solve them. I ended up resorting to the SG, because they were multi-level and complicated as to what to do next in the sequence. It's puzzles like these that make me feel "dumber than a box of rocks", lol, so I would take away one star for this.

Edited on 12/05/2014 at 2:13:58 AM PST

boogienites
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by boogienites on Dec 3, 14 6:28 AM
I am not able to pick up the sulfur to make explosives, which means I have to skip the puzzle. I always try to get all the achievements, but now, that is not possible with this game. The development team/game testers on this game should be ashamed of releasing a game with so many glitches/problems. All the previous games were well done w/out problems. Was the rush to get another game out worth putting out a product that will have me rethinking any further purchases for this series? I think not.

loriisi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loriisi on Dec 3, 14 2:25 PM
Indigo_Frost wrote:Aloha Fishies ~ I see several of you had a similar problem with not being able to download "MCF: Dire Grove, Sacred Grove". Me, too! And after 5 or 6 (or so) tries, I was about ready to chuck my desktop out the window in frustration!

However....I (finally) went back into the forums and read the mods suggestions on downloading games problems, and this is what I did:
1. went to my desktop and opened the Big Fish Game Manager.
2. clicked Options (upper right-hand corner).
3. clicked Advanced.
4. clicked Network Connections (which, unless you have changed it, should be automatically set to: Default (recommended) [recommended is their opinion, not mine].
5. changed the setting to: Alternate Method.
6. went back to my Purchase History and clicked Install....

...and, several minutes later..."Ye Gods & Little Fishes", and "Bob's Your Uncle", everything downloaded sweet as you please!
(big grin; everything worked, and I'm a happy camper)...sooo, now off to play!
Hope this helps ~

This worked!!! THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Edited on 12/03/2014 at 2:26:02 PM PST

[Post New]by JoseSM88 on Dec 3, 14 3:12 PM
I am using an iPad 2 for the game. The resolution is a bit off so a bit of the edge can't be seen now. Everything was great until today when I tried to play and the button for getting to the investigation board was not visible. Also the box for the strategy guide is a bit big. I can always count on opening the strategy guide 5 times before I get to the end of my inventory

justmebd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by justmebd on Dec 3, 14 5:01 PM
Windows 8. All kinds of video glitches. I then had to delete my profile after the game refused to allow me to unbend the nails with the stone.

Not sure I even care to start over at this point. This is the second year in a row a major technical glitch has forced me to start over.

I'm sorry, but this is just pathetic. This is your only job: Make sure the games work when they're released.

bluesinew
Minnow
Minnow
231 Posts

game freezes in the attic

[Post New]by bluesinew on Dec 3, 14 5:24 PM
I never have any problems with games. I am using a laptop with windows 7. This is the first game in a long time that has given me a problem. It didn't happen until I was a long way into the game. I am in the attic playing the match pairs game and when I go for the last item the game freezes. I had to get out via task manager and started it again and it was still frozen so I changed my settings to the small screen and it unfroze, but when I started looking for the last item it froze again. I will probably just skip this game...something I don't like to do. This is a great game and am glad I made the purchase...even with this minor glitch.

[Post New]by awsumpawsum on Dec 4, 14 7:35 AM
Don't know if anyone else has run into this problem, but I am supposed to assemble the amulet and have no pcs. Rechecked areas and not there.
Any body out there help! For me, this is the most frustrating MCF ever and I have all of them. Never a problem.

NIKE1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by NIKE1 on Dec 5, 14 11:51 AM
awsumpawsum wrote:Don't know if anyone else has run into this problem, but I am supposed to assemble the amulet and have no pcs. Rechecked areas and not there.
Any body out there help! For me, this is the most frustrating MCF ever and I have all of them. Never a problem.

I know where all the amulet pieces are and I clicked all of them, but the first one vanished when I clicked on it, instead of going into inventory so I cannot complete the amulet and can't move on. Just waiting for a fix.

[Post New]by Feloise on Dec 5, 14 5:37 PM
I thought I had lost my amulet pieces , but when I opened the incomplete amulet from my inventory the pieces were scattered around the periphery.

[Post New]by carrlindl on Dec 5, 14 8:05 PM
Mini puzzles kept locking up so checked the technical issues forum to find that Trojans had been found. I have never had any issues in the past with viruses and I thought all games were checked. Anyway ran superspy ware and it found trojan agent /Gen-loadShop. Will re-install and see what happens. Very dissappointed but knew something was up since my software was all up to date and the puzzles with mini puzzles didn't act right. Hope you get it fixed.

[Post New]by Fredja on Dec 6, 14 7:12 AM
My issue is a bit different: I'm in the Banshee Hall, the room where you have to light the torches, make the flowers bloom and light the runes. I did light all the runes and the counter reached a -1 and no matter where I click nothing happens plus the hint keeps reloading without showing anything.

I'm running it on Windows 8.1 and never before I had issues with any of the MCF games.

[Post New]by stormyorm on Dec 6, 14 9:38 AM
Didn't have the freezing problem in the car but am in the attic. I've found all the pairs but cannot select the jug even though the hint has shown me where it is. The cursor moves, but doesn't select anything.

I've un-installed and re-installed the game and the problem is still there. Windows 8

Loving the game and wanting to move on, so really looking forward to a fix asap...

Thanks

[Post New]by kleehart on Dec 6, 14 1:55 PM
My game has frozen in the puzzle game with the big color wheel in the top left hand corner. I have restarted my computer, uninstalled the game and re-installed and it is still stuck. What should I do?

[Post New]by foreczecher44 on Dec 6, 14 11:49 PM
madalee, Same thing happened to me with the glass cutter base. I just kept clicking all around the open box, and it finally gave me the piece. Hope you didn't already start over!!

Go to: