Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE here!

[Post New]by nanalock on Jan 17, 15 10:37 AM
dee127 wrote:Windows 7. I am 3/4 done with the game---which I've enjoyed--and it froze totally--I could not even exit the game and had to shut down in order to get out of the game.
This occurred where I was using the camera and photos at the "seance table" to ID the villain. The map did not work, nor did Menu work to exit game. I'd really like to finish this game and Bonus. Help?

I have the same problem!!
I am running 8.1 windows and I have the same problem. I have to shut down before it will let me out of game. It's like it has froze on this scene but the camera still moves but can't select anything.. need help!!!

Edited on 01/17/2015 at 10:41:37 AM PST

[Post New]by tawnysue on Jan 17, 15 10:34 PM
Running Windows 7, and stuck on the puzzle with the doctor's bag. At first, I could click the numbers, but then the minigame completely froze on me. I click on buttons, and nothing happens. This is only within that minigame; I can move elsewhere within the game. But I cannot do anything else because the game on the doctor's bag is frozen.

[Post New]by donna1910 on Jan 18, 15 10:07 AM
I'm also stuck with the carbide lamp. Put the carbide in and then the lamp went back into inventory and I can't select it. Seeing as so many other people have had this issue I'd hoped there would be a fix for this. I'm not restarting the game again so will have to stop playing

[Post New]by dancemom9 on Jan 18, 15 5:28 PM
vamp_lab1 wrote:My pliers will not remove the clip on the right side of the roof in the hidden pictures puzzle that you need to get the last piece of the train .

So how do I get the pliers to work on the roof?

[Post New]by Bigchitt on Jan 19, 15 11:38 AM
spaniard1 wrote:I have also lost the carbide from my inventory and can't progress any further in the game. Have quit the game and it has still vanished and it cannot be 'recollected'. Does anyone have any suggestions as I don't want to start the game all over again?
I am using Mac OSX 10.9.5

Same blasted issue here. Has anyone responded to this or were you able to figure it out?

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by zendnez on Jan 21, 15 8:56 AM
This game isn't playable in its current state and there is no evidence that a fix is forthcoming. I requested a refund and was given a coupon code which is fine.

I think this is unfortunate. The portion of the game that I was able to play was really excellent.

Edited on 01/21/2015 at 8:56:20 AM PST

[Post New]by dh1952 on Jan 21, 15 11:51 AM
Need link to .NET Framework v4.0.30319

[Post New]by cmgillispie on Jan 21, 15 8:48 PM
I played the demo..bought it and have been playing the game...in the past 2 days since buying the game I have gotten two (2!) updates for the game...really?

zendnez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by zendnez on Jan 22, 15 12:23 AM
cmgillispie wrote:I played the demo..bought it and have been playing the game...in the past 2 days since buying the game I have gotten two (2!) updates for the game...really?

Very interesting. Is this on Windows? No updates so far for the Mac version...

Edited on 01/22/2015 at 12:24:44 AM PST

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 22, 15 12:45 PM
Hey zendnez

It looks like an update was released for Mac just a little earlier today! I've included the link to the post below for more details:

UPDATE! New version available for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE (Mac)! January 22, 2015

If there's any trouble with the game after updating, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report, and one of our Reps will be happy to help!

dh1952, I've included the help article below for information on where to get the latest version of .NET Framework 4.0:

Scripting Errors

If that update doesn't resolve the issue you're seeing, or if anyone is experiencing a different issue, I strongly recommend contacting Tech Support with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are always happy to help in any way they can.

I hope this information helps!

bfgVaiya

[Post New]by cansel65 on Jan 24, 15 5:25 PM
Windows 8.1

Retort with Termites has disappeared from my inventory. I can go no further without that item.

I just restarted and finished the game in one sitting. I was playing the Bonus chapter when I received an error that shut the program down. When I went back in - the new profile I had created, along with the completed game, was gone. *sigh*

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 10:10:06 PM PST

[Post New]by ljm112296 on Jan 25, 15 12:52 AM
I have also lost the calcium carbide for the gas. please don't make me start all over again. I have some trying after 40 minutes. I cannot go any where. Please let me know the way to go.
Thanks,
Lona

shunterfl
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by shunterfl on Jan 25, 15 11:31 AM
Windows 7: I was so happy when I saw there was an update to this game because it seemed so promising BUT even after installing the update a couple of days ago, I'm still having the same problems I had before: I play for a little while but when I change scene or try to talk to someone, I get bounced back to my desk top. The only way I can even close it at this point is to launch Task Master and close it from there.

Hailstar07
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Hailstar07 on Jan 25, 15 4:39 PM
Windows 7 home premium - I had the carbide lamp problem which appears to have been fixed with the update, but am now stuck in the Canterbury stables as one of the pieces on the zoom in house tangram puzzle is outside the border of the puzzle, so when I try to click on it it just goes back to the stable. Very disappointing as would have expected these issues were fixed by now.

[Post New]by duross on Jan 26, 15 2:32 AM
I am sick of this game it wont save at all so every time i go to play it i have to start from the beginning and make a new profile, i use windows 7 and to me it was a waste of money because i cant play it, not happy and should get a credit so i can purchase another CE game that wont keep doing this.

dbmcc
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dbmcc on Jan 26, 15 1:44 PM
I'm playing Midnight Mysteries & I'm in the stable with the horse & a cart attached and a GEAR is stuck under the cart. I've cut the seed bag for food for the horse but I can't get the horse to move forward so I can get the Gear. I need the Gear for an elevator outside the stable. I'm using a PC windows 7

Edited on 01/26/2015 at 1:46:38 PM PST

dbmcc
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by dbmcc on Jan 26, 15 6:45 PM
I asked for help earlier. I went back to the stables & noticed the numbers 343 on wood on left. Then there is a small blue box low on screen which requires these numbers to open. You may have to jiggle the last 3 up a little. Box opens & you get the 2nd lions fang. With its insertion the ball under the lions foot becomes free & you hit the ball with a mallet[croquet] which hits a wedge blocking the cart & the horse moves forward......

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 28, 15 4:50 PM
After the second time restarting this game ,the screen goes black again and I have go out through game manager.Tha's it I refuse any more to buy a game that has this many tech issues.This is 28th and no update,so another one bites the dust as they say.I own over 300 games and this mess that's taking place lately is really irritating.Seems like just throwing games out there.Free coupons isn't really fixing the problems,although I do appreciate the offers,would rather the games be fixed.

sarah451
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by sarah451 on Jan 31, 15 11:15 AM
In London there's a HOS in Fagin's lair during which one must find the parts for a locomotive. The final piece of the locomotive is in the doll house, but it is NOT listed in the silhouettes in the inventory area.

I don't know if devs are rushing to market or what, but I've found more and more sloppiness in more and more games of late.

rerich
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by rerich on Feb 2, 15 6:28 PM
I downloaded the trial and tried to play it. It said I had to have another download to play the game. Tried to download that and then attempted to do trial again. Still no luck. I have XP and I do believe that Big Fish does not care for my business anymore because of that. I will upgrade my Windows version at my convenience, thank you. If I have many more troubles with this stuff, I can live without Hidden Object Games.

When I tried downloading trial again, it downloaded game and of course refused to activate it.

I will not buy this game without doing trial. The first four MMs were really excellent. Witches of Abraham was okay, a decent game, but it was no Midnight Mystery. Since they decided to do this with a subsidiery developer, it is NOT as good.

Still would like to try and will see about Standard Edition, but I am about to give up.

If some games are not available in XP, JUST SAY SO! Up front.

Edited on 02/02/2015 at 6:30:17 PM PST

Go to: