Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 12, 15 3:37 PM
sanzi19 wrote:*spoiler-alert*
The new V-day Quests i got.
At the moment i'm pretty sad and angry for making a BIG mistake by clicking on
"getting reward" with the first Quest! Because now i only have one item from both city's and thats it
But the 'next' and 'previous' button underneath the Quest didnt work for me and i reacted very impulsively on 'getting rerward' with the result; TWO items i can't stock up anymore!grrrrrr
So please dont make the same mistake by accident!

I will write the Quests in a White collour so if you wanna know, just move over it oke.

Quest 1;
Find Lilacs (christmas alley)
Find Geomatricbox (Junkyard)

Quest 2
Find Bonbons in a round container ( Hotel Akron)
Find Artsy valentinecard (Bar, Chicago

And now i'm gonna sit in a corner feeling really sorry for myself!!
Just for a little while atleast

Thanks! So, how do we keep the quests active to play multiple times? Click next or what?

artcub
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by artcub on Feb 12, 15 3:39 PM
I just thought of something... we know it's a V-day quest because of the heart on it, correct? So, in the above post it shows where to get the Special V-day items for the special collections... I'm assuming day 3 quests.

How about if one does NOT open the quest and just go to the cities to obtain the special items to accumulate them, hhhmmmmmm?

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 3:40:10 PM PST

[Post New]by thingamajig on Feb 12, 15 4:48 PM
My next button didn't work, so I 'X'd' out of the 2 quests for today, 13th, and now I have lost the items in 4 cities! Pulling my hair out, as I have clciked away to build up the collections and it looks like I will only be cashing in 1 each of the flowers and cards. Please tell me they return at a later stage (maybe when the mini scene in christmas alley opens?) Not a happy bunny!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 12, 15 5:33 PM
Well, I guess those 96 carnations from last year are going to be there till next year.

Those quests are stinkers! Hopefully April will check in about it. She asked Monika specifically if this would happen ( timed quest blinking off as soon as you complete it without the option of leaving it open) and Monika told her that would not happen. RATS!

Generally, the timed quest items only appear in the city for the span that the quest is open and active.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 12, 15 5:43 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Well, I guess those 96 carnations from last year are going to be there till next year.

Those quests are stinkers! Hopefully April will check in about it. She asked Monika specifically if this would happen ( timed quest blinking off as soon as you complete it without the option of leaving it open) and Monika told her that would not happen. RATS!

Generally, the timed quest items only appear in the city for the span that the quest is open and active.

If April wasn't able to get all collectibles she wanted, we would have heard from her by now.

Even if the quest does close automatically when you finish it, since you have to find things in 2 different locations, just keep going to Christmas Alley for the lilacs until you have enough, and only then go to the junkyard.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 12, 15 5:49 PM
when you get a Quest,
open it to activate,
close it immidiatly and NOT open it again until
you've collected ennough V-day items from that city.
Just get your reward just before close-ing time from the timeQuest.
I think then you are just fine

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 5:52:45 PM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 12, 15 6:01 PM
sanzi19 wrote:when you get a Quest,
open it to activate,
close it immidiatly and NOT open it again until
you've collected ennough V-day items from that city.
Just get your reward just before close-ing time from the timeQuest.
I think then you are just fine

Excellent advice and worded succinctly. Might I just add that we need to remember to leave enough time for the second quest?

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 12, 15 6:26 PM
Just received a note from a player with the quests.. PLEASE NOTE:

if you want the Valentine Quest opened for as long as possible to stack up the timed item, YOU NEED another quest in your gamelist...

if there is not, YOU CAN'T CLICK ON NEXT QUEST and your Valentine Quest closes.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 12, 15 6:38 PM
ChestnutHeights wrote:Just received a note from a player with the quests.. PLEASE NOTE:

if you want the Valentine Quest opened for as long as possible to stack up the timed item, YOU NEED another quest in your gamelist...

Solution:

At midnight, unless your game is glitched, you will receive two quests: the regular daily quest and the valentine quest.

DON'T WORK ON THE DAILY QUEST UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED WITH THE VALENTINE QUEST.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 12, 15 6:55 PM
sanzi19 wrote:*spoiler-alert*
The new V-day Quests i got.
At the moment i'm pretty sad and angry for making a BIG mistake by clicking on
"getting reward" with the first Quest! Because now i only have one item from both city's and thats it
But the 'next' and 'previous' button underneath the Quest didnt work for me and i reacted very impulsively on 'getting rerward' with the result; TWO items i can't stock up anymore!grrrrrr
So please dont make the same mistake by accident!

I will write the Quests in a White collour so if you wanna know, just move over it oke.

Quest 1;
Find Lilacs (christmas alley)
Find Geomatricbox (Junkyard)

Quest 2
Find Bonbons in a round container ( Hotel Akron)
Find Artsy valentinecard (Bar, Chicago

And now i'm gonna sit in a corner feeling really sorry for myself!!
Just for a little while atleast

Dont feel bad! We veteran players have all done the exact same thing at some point. We have all had to learn the hard way. The good thing is, when the Spring event comes, now you know, and you wont make the same mistake again. Plus you can help a lot of others by coming here and posting what you learned.

One very important thing to remember about this game. With every event so far, there have been some changes. Some are big, some are small, but always something. We never know when they will change something. The info that Oddly posted here is great! Thanks Oddly!!! But she is just telling everyone what has happened in the past. Use this info as a guide, but be VERY careful when doing these quests. Something may have changed, something that is new to all of us.

deb911
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by deb911 on Feb 12, 15 7:13 PM
HELP I need to get the mega truck for one of my quest. What do I need to get the mega truck

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 12, 15 7:14 PM
TiramaSue wrote:
ChestnutHeights wrote:Just received a note from a player with the quests.. PLEASE NOTE:

Solution:

At midnight, unless your game is glitched, you will receive two quests: the regular daily quest and the valentine quest.

DON'T WORK ON THE DAILY QUEST UNTIL YOU ARE FINISHED WITH THE VALENTINE QUEST.

Exactly, there are two quests any day, daily and special. If you don't close first one then there is another.

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 7:21:06 PM PST

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Feb 12, 15 7:55 PM
april3850 wrote:

Dont feel bad!

Yeah, thanks. Also to TiramaSue

I think Oddly is complete correct with this event no matter its info from last year. She even warns everybody about NOT get reward when you finisched Quest, so i dont know what you talk about, sorry, i dont see a single change in last years and this years event. Although i didnt played last year. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

And 'you veteran players' may have finisched the V-day Quests collections last year and maybe dont have any other Quests left now, because you finsched the collections already. But i and i think alot more players still have the four V-day Quests it all started with this year, and i still couldnt use the 'next' and 'previous' button after the Quest was done. So its a glitch, or i still havent find out what i did wrong exactly.
But i will be on my toes with the spring event, thanks for the warning

Edit; had to correct some spellingmistake's

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 7:58:49 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 12, 15 8:35 PM
They are tricky is all, Sanzi. I only finally got the pattern of not touching the quests down on the last two timed ones last year.

Spring event was so much easier it was not even funny. Christmas was like Valentine's - a real pain the sitter.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 12, 15 9:02 PM
They did change one thing. The lilacs are sitting at the end of the collectibles. so nix the tip that if the special appears at the end, it's there for good. Phooey.

Ulric1313
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Ulric1313 on Feb 12, 15 9:21 PM
Well, this stinks. I just finished Day 3 Quests and every time it automatically rewarded me and deprived me of the opportunity to build up my gold reserves further.

Eh, c'est la vie. Luckily I have a good reserve already.

Ulric1313
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Ulric1313 on Feb 12, 15 9:23 PM
And yes, I still have the Daily Quest and others stacked up.

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Feb 12, 15 9:28 PM
Ok, I got my V-day quest for Feb 13, and here's my take on it.

There is 2 parts to the V-day quest. Find the Lilacs in Christmas Alley, and Find the Geometric Box in the Junkyard. Looks like we get a choice, one or the other, but not both. I recommend doing the Lilacs because the other stuff in the flower collection is easier to get than the candies. Dont worry about the candies! Just do the flowers. DO AS MANY LILACS AS YOU WANT BEFORE YOU MOVE ON TO ANOTHER QUEST. DONT WORRY ABOUT THE GEOMETRIC BOX. Then the next quest should be to Find the Artsy Valentine in the Bar, and the Bonbons in the Hotel. Again, you have a choice. DO AS MANY ARTSY VALENTINE AS YOU WANT, DONT WORRY WITH THE BONBONS. Either do the flowers and the cards, or do the candies. I recommend forgetting about the candies and do the flowers and cards. That way you get 2 sets versus 1 of the candies.

WE HAVE A CHOICE. Its EITHER Flowers and Cards, OR Candies. But NOT both.

IF YOU WANT TO BUILD UP YOUR GOLD, JUST KEEP DOING CHRISTMAS ALLEY AND COLLECTING THE LILACS, FORGET ABOUT THE GEOMETRIC BOX FOR NOW.

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 9:31:04 PM PST

MissJay75
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MissJay75 on Feb 12, 15 9:33 PM
If you aren't sure how the clicking on 'next quest' works and are worried you might mess it up on a timed quest, try practicing it on a regular quest!

Leilani63
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by Leilani63 on Feb 12, 15 9:38 PM
Okay. So the locations are running and it looks like we are going to lose the yacht and the Maine location. The flowers and cards are at the front of the lineup. So we get the midnight changeover and new quests. Both violets for Aylen show up in Christmas Alley and Chocolates at the Junkyard. I get both quests going and lose the duplicate items due to the fact that my game will not let me get around the X or get reward buttons. I have the valentines and love notes left. Oddly, how do we avoid triggering the the finish screen for the quests? Boomzap already got the price of a big hit top line Xbox 360 game from me in coin and bold bar purchases. I'm done buying. Love the game and the company; spent my limit.

Go to: