bonus punch Monday

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

Re:bonus punch Monday

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Apr 6, 15 2:36 PM
dueler wrote:Part of the PCC conditions I noticed:-

"Bonus punches are awarded on top of normal punches you earn for buying games. You'll get one bonus punch for each purchase of a standard version game or Collector's Edition. Some bonus punch promotions apply only to Tomorrow's Game Today".

So does that mean they MIGHT only give you ONE punch for a CE then ?, or will you only get TWO when they do a promotional bonus punch for it (like TGT and not at any other time), and will they stop giving TWO bonus punches for the CE's as well?, many unanswered questions if you ask me, I hope im reading this quote right, if not maybe some of our gamers might know and enlighten me.

The way I'm understanding the rules is that the things not changing within the Punch Card program are that EVERY day...

1. SE games get 1 punch
2. CE games get 3 punches
3. We can still get 1 punch for using a Punch Card Credit on a SE game but ONLY on the days when there is a promotional event for bonus punches.

The changes I noticed being made to the Punch Card program are...

1. There is no longer a specific day every week when you can expect to get a bonus punch if you buy a SE or CE game.
2. If there is a promotional event being offered for bonus punches it will be mentioned on the Home page of the Big Fish Games website. It's the customer's responsibility to keep an eye out for these events.
3. There will be times when the promotion being offered will be that every game is eligible to get a bonus punch and other times where only the TGT (Tomorrow's Game Today) will be eligible. Also, the bonus punches may take slightly longer to show up on our Punch cards for the TGT games.

[Post New]by __papillon__ on Apr 6, 15 3:12 PM
Thank you, _DD_, for answering my post. I was very nearly fooled.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 6, 15 3:18 PM
rosie28sammy wrote:

After reading this thread and being highly offended by what I perceived as an underhanded marketing ploy dealt to BF's loyal customers, I was determined to cancel my Club membership after seven years. What had me change my mind was the pleasant reply I received from my email and the fact that the CS rep gave me a credit for a free game, either SE or CE. This made up for the two punches I missed and because I was happy with the resolution, I did use GC credits to purchase two games to finish out my card for last month.

While I was happy enough to not cancel my membership, I am still concerned about what else is down the road. Like others, I feel I need to use all my punch credits today and then only use my GC credits, that never expire, on games I absolutely adore. I will no longer purchase anywhere near the number of games I used to buy and will no longer take chances on games I think are so-so.

You got a credit for it, that's nice enough, but I had to spend money to fill my card. Which I would not have to if I had known about all this before.
So complaining does give a person some advantage but what about all the people that did not contacted customer support... ???
Happy for you though, but it doesn't feel right

Edited on 04/06/2015 at 3:19:24 PM PST

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Apr 6, 15 10:32 PM
shelterhill, I would then suggest that you and everyone else that had to purchase games to fill the punch card, contact CS. They might not give you a credit, but you will never know until you try. Maybe if enough people contact them, they will see that this is not a wise move.

I was not expecting anything from them as I have had less than stellar experiences with CS before so I was quite surprised. I did not threaten to cancel my membership when I wrote to them on 3/30. I just let them know that at the time, my purchases were not showing up and I was not receiving credit for the punch credits (2) that I had used that day to fill my card for the month. I had not read this thread before contacting them so I was unaware that the program was being discontinued or altered. If I had not received the credit (which does expire in two weeks) from CS, I would not have used my GC credits or used cash to purchase the two punches I needed to complete my card for March. I refuse to play their games and have them force me to spend money I can not nor am I willing to spend.

Edited on 04/06/2015 at 10:36:24 PM PST

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Apr 7, 15 4:25 AM
Thanks for the heads up GameLvr30 , will have to see what happens then over the next month.

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Apr 7, 15 4:59 AM
Thanks all for the updates.
I strongly prefer BFG goes back to standard BPMondays, even if BFG offers them only first & last Monday of month. It's the fact of knowing in advance what days a bonus punch can be picked up that makes our coupons go further, naturally; and since BFG changed coupon expiry from end-of-month expiry to expiry at two months from date of issue instead, well, BPMondays have allowed an easy buying strategy to be set by the customer.
I'm sure that without pre-set bonus punch days my buying will be reduced (but that could actually be better for me in the long run as, like many others, I've rather a lot of bought but unplayed games).

Edited on 04/07/2015 at 5:22:56 AM PST

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Apr 7, 15 5:11 AM
dueler wrote:Thanks for the heads up GameLvr30 , will have to see what happens then over the next month.

You're welcome!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Apr 7, 15 8:26 AM
__papillon__ wrote:Thank you, _DD_, for answering my post.
You're welcome, __papillon__

__papillon__ wrote:I was very nearly fooled.
Glad to hear you weren't.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 13, 15 2:48 AM
It seems random indeed, because no bonus punch today..

[Post New]by generousgem3 on Apr 13, 15 6:50 AM
shelterhill wrote:It seems random indeed, because no bonus punch today..

I noticed that as well: had waited to purchase a specific game until today expecting the bonus punch to complete my card but now am going to have to purchase yet one more game...
My 'gaming budget' has been drastically reduced but unfortunately my interest hasn't lol so I guess I'll have to go through and choose one Standard game to complete my card... but I think - seeing as the month is not quite half over - I might just have to set an alarm on my calendar to remind me on the 27th lol

[Post New]by shelterhill on Apr 13, 15 8:43 AM
Or wait until the punch day, there will be one I suppose..

[Post New]by djloveless on Apr 19, 15 9:55 AM
I agree with the majority here, I'm not pleased with this marketing strategy! And this will change the way I purchase games. At the very least I would like BFG's to let us know a specified day, whether monthly, quarterly etc. I don't like "random" days for bonus punches. I will probably only purchase very select games and at such time when I can fill a punch card; because I am the type to simply surrender a partially filled card at the end of the month, opposed to being "forced" into purchases to fill one! I'm team "not pleased"!

[Post New]by zzsoxx on Apr 20, 15 12:15 PM
Bonus Punch Monday is working today! I just bought the game of the week for $2.99 and got the regular punch plus TWO extra punches!! After that, I decided to try one of my PCC's and I didn't just get one punch. Instead, I got TWO punches and ended up with a free game coupon. I am a happy camper today.

[Post New]by djloveless on Apr 20, 15 6:09 PM
ZZ you are correct!! Bonus Punch Monday worked for me too! Thanks BFG!! I'm really not hard to please...and forgive easily!! Happy gaming!!!

Janie42
Clownfish
Clownfish
598 Posts

[Post New]by Janie42 on Apr 20, 15 6:40 PM
Thanks for the tip!
Today I bought a CE & got 5 punches; then used a punchcard free-game coupon to buy an SE (Mystery of Neuschwanstein, lovely adventure game BTW ) & got 2 punches for that...
- Seems today's BPMonday gives 2 bonus punches rather than 1?
Can't understand BFG's strategy at all but today was a treat!

Edited on 06/22/2015 at 8:39:54 PM PST

Go to: