qandagkids
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by qandagkids on Jun 24, 15 9:17 AM
I agree please reconsider
Boomzap, surely you realize by now that there is no other game that has rallied such out cry. Kudos to you. Now please continue with your fine expertise and give closure too this uproar.

Bookwyrm
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bookwyrm on Jun 24, 15 2:02 PM
For what it's worth, I had never played a FTP game until I discovered AK (after playing all the Awakening games). I ended up paying out a total not inconsiderable amount of real money during the course of AK. I am female, over 65 and have a few minor medical issues that limit my activities somewhat. I spend hours on the computer each day playing games. I keeps my mind sharp and the members of the forums become friends.
After becoming addicted to AK, I later signed on to ART and found more fun and friends. The decision (however it was finally made) to drop both of these games with no story-line wrap-up is a poke in the eye with a sharp stick to the hundreds/thousands of loyal players around the globe. It also makes me very wary of signing on to any other FTP game out there in the future.
I also agree with those players who have said that they would even be willing to pay for a final update that would complete the game.

trader6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by trader6 on Jun 24, 15 3:51 PM
..well said Gab11...i agree with your comments..i really enjoy the game...

[Post New]by Chrysm on Jun 24, 15 4:52 PM
I add my voice as well

Ever since the game's initial release, I have been a dedicated player.

I hope someone on BF or BZ (whichever is in charge of game releases) realizes how much of a mistake this choice really is. And in turn, consider possibly compiling the remaining unlockable locations, quests, and items into a patch or separate download that we can obtain, so that we can have a complete game.

The castle Barracks, the egg in the cove of the atriums, everything with the dark island (I'm not sure what all is accessible there, as I have yet to get that far), the one building in Gizmotek, and the 3 doors in the main castle room. Not to mention rescuing Shelsea. So much potential for extra fun, and they've decided to leave it all in the air? I might not know what all is going in, but I know this much for certain: no one likes to play an incomplete game. That's like releasing a game still full of bugs, that hasn't been beta'd. Bottom line: that's not good business

Please consider this plea, and return to a game series that many greatly love to play. Disappointed fans are never good sign for any business. If BZ wants to "return to their company roots", as I think I've heard it, that's fine. But for cryin' out loud, finish these F2P games first. Don't leave these projects unfinished

[Post New]by nysasblaze on Jun 25, 15 11:14 AM
I agree please reconsider.

[Post New]by Meltho on Jun 25, 15 2:07 PM
I would also like the decision to be reconsidered.

gmaAlice
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gmaAlice on Jun 25, 15 6:05 PM
I came in to add my plea to the "reconsider the AW decision" I, like many got hooked on the series and then found AW in a list of "play free" games and have gone almost to the end ... ... ...but there is no end? Someone else said "had to do the daily get my reward for logging in". I especially liked the way

west644 said it ... ...

I decided I would not continue playing the game once it became official that the game would be dropped, however, (and it could be conditioning because I am programmed into collecting my daily rewards) I went back into the game.
I was freshly spell-bound by the absolute beauty of the game, from the characters to the intricate scenes and the relaxing music. I felt that I had to voice my desire to urge the people responsible to calling it quits, to consider alternative options.

I hope they (whoever They are??) really reconsider and at least let the game come to a conclusion, with a HAPPY Ending!

[Post New]by br1ghtpearl on Jun 25, 15 8:17 PM
Count me in

lwilletts
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by lwilletts on Jun 26, 15 6:56 AM
I agree will all the players of this game that have posted their comments much better than I could have. Please reconsider!

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jun 26, 15 12:03 PM
I wasn't going to bother posting on this thread because I figured it's a lost cause. But since I did put quite a bit of money into this game I would like to get my moneys worth. I spent money on an unfinished game that I would NEVER had done if I had any foresight of what would happen.

So Please Dev's - Give us the decency of a meaningful conclusion. It doesn't have to be much - just tie up loose ends and give us a sense of closure. We have spent real money to support this game and deserve this little bit of respect and a thank you from YOU by finishing what was started.

Sincerely,
Silver Hawk

Luckypool
Clownfish
Clownfish
607 Posts

[Post New]by Luckypool on Jun 26, 15 3:17 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
Silver Hawk

Had a funny feeling that my old mate Silver Hawk had posted, so I signed in, and there you were!

Also, Mamacass - you have a pm - if you're still on this board!

Well, I've had a mega sulk and just disappeared off the radar since the announcement.

What a shabby way to treat gamers, shame on BFG and Boomzap for implementing such sharp business practice.

Continues sulk.....

NYerInTX
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by NYerInTX on Jun 26, 15 6:01 PM
I'm popping in from another forum to say that I hope the DEVs will reconsider their decision and give these folks another a conclusion to their game. I too enjoyed playing AK and am sad to see it go.

Vlania
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,160 Posts

[Post New]by Vlania on Jun 26, 15 7:24 PM
Bluex has sent the SOS so here I am. I'd hate to see this beautiful game left in limbo. I understand new platforms demand a lot of work so may I suggest updates for sale, if you won't spend the time any other way? JMHS.

[Post New]by striver56 on Jun 27, 15 3:55 AM
I am really sad that this game has just stopped dead with so much to look forward to.

It did occur to me while playing all that time with no updates or news that us regular players were getting to a position where we had accumulated so many Bolgins and crystals that any update would not be likely to pay for itself in revenue terms so clearly the more delay the more chance of cancellation.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for further updates and it seems like many others are too.

The critical thing seems to be that if such a way forward were to go ahead the decision needs to be made quickly while there are still probably thousands of us still feeling involved enough to care. Not doing so would leave us feeling badly towards Big Fish and I guess some may even go elsewhere.

I am 65 and I have come to regard AK as part of my Alzheimer's prevention plan. It has given me far more value and involvement than any other game.

Please get paid for updates on their way I don't mind playing on while we wait for them just say you will do it!!

spidy5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by spidy5 on Jun 27, 15 7:39 AM
Count me in too!

[Post New]by misspiggythe1st on Jun 27, 15 12:01 PM
I agree - please reconsider the decision to end the game.

lila23lo
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by lila23lo on Jun 27, 15 2:57 PM
This is a great game. One of the best I've ever played. Is there any way this game could be made into one that we could purchase? I hope you will consider this or at least add more to this game to finish up the loose ends. Thanks

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Jun 28, 15 4:55 AM
In response to the SOS from Bluex, I am here to add my voice to the many already here. It seems people would be willing to pay a reasonable amount for an update, so why can't this be possible? Please reconsider...

hera1952
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by hera1952 on Jun 28, 15 9:44 AM
Please reconsider your decision to just dump AK with no conclusion. Promises were made in the game. 'Coming soon' means just that. There is a lot of ill-will and bad feeling about the fact that these promises have been broken. It is not just down to the money I spent on this free to play game, after all it was my decision to do so. No company wants so many unhappy customers. I know my friends and I will not be using BFG for games in the future. I would be happy to pay for the full game and have a proper conclusion rather than have it as a ftp game that is unresolved.

[Post New]by robsmandy on Jun 29, 15 5:01 AM
I would like to add my plea for a resolution to the storylines before stopping the updates. I realize that no game is indefinite, but dropping updates without resolution is sloppy.

Go to: