BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Welcome to Enlightenus forum

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Oct 30, 09 7:55 AM
This is the 1st game out of over 125 I have downloaded from Big Fish that does not play on a new powerfull Dell laptop with Vista.
It plays off screen in it's own small window (half on screen and half off) and does not react to anything I do.
Any ideas?

BigFatPanda
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by BigFatPanda on Nov 2, 09 2:37 AM
Referring to my "not able to play" previous post, I finally solved the issue. For some reason, the game IS changing my normal high resolution display to 800 X 600 in order to play BUT - it is just not doing it correctly. Meaning, it does change the display to 800 X 600 but the game screen stays on only half of the viewable area. So, I manually change to a higher resolution and then back to 800 X 600 every time I want to play and it works fine.
I am not sure why this is the only game that I have the problem with but I am happy I have any fix for this very nice game.
Hope this helps if someone is having a similar issue.
BIG FAT PANDA

[Post New]by Rainwood on Nov 2, 09 1:14 PM
I also have a Dell/Vista laptop and the game keeps crashing on me!
Not sure why. If anyone else had this issue and was able to resolve, suggestions welcome, thanks!
/sigh

[Post New]by wistyj on Jan 3, 10 4:18 AM
This looks like a really great game but when I open it, it comes up in a small window half way off of my computer screen. I cannot get to any option boxes to make it full screen. Right clicking on it or its box in my bottom bar does nothing and restarting it did the same thing. I would love to play it but can't even do the demo at this point. Any suggestions? I am using a Toshiba with Vista.

wrath6
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by wrath6 on Jan 3, 10 4:55 PM
I love this game, i like the fact that you have to place the items in the scene instead of looking for them and its interactive - not just finding objects like a regular HOG. The only problem is i keep forgetting to collect the E-cards. I only played 30 minutes and knew this would fit nicley into my collection.

Finished the game and truly loved it, but i am disappointed with the ending, i wanted to explore the castle you can see from the window, also i wanted to go through the door that was blocked by the heavy objects hopefully this means there will be a sequel.

Edited on 01/18/2010 at 8:25:34 PM PST

henibri
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by henibri on Jan 6, 10 5:23 PM
Played this game all the way thru without any issues and totally loved the game. Now I wanted to do a replay but the game will not open into full screen mode. It opens to the lower right side of my screen and I cannot even get to the menu options or anything. In order for me to close the game I have to use my task manager. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall and it does the same thing. My other games are working fine. I don't understand why this one all of the sudden glitched out on me. Bummer! Please, any suggestions?

Edit: OMG! Thank you so much BigFatPanda!! Your suggestion worked! I was racking my brain for days trying to fix this. These forums are such a great help. I won't buy online games anywhere else! Thanks again. Gonna go play =)

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 5:29:43 PM PST

[Post New]by wifeandmom111 on Jan 8, 10 12:44 PM
BigFatPanda wrote:Referring to my "not able to play" previous post, I finally solved the issue. For some reason, the game IS changing my normal high resolution display to 800 X 600 in order to play BUT - it is just not doing it correctly. Meaning, it does change the display to 800 X 600 but the game screen stays on only half of the viewable area. So, I manually change to a higher resolution and then back to 800 X 600 every time I want to play and it works fine.
I am not sure why this is the only game that I have the problem with but I am happy I have any fix for this very nice game.
Hope this helps if someone is having a similar issue.
BIG FAT PANDA

Help! What do I change and to what and how? Thanks for the help!!

drummer1961
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by drummer1961 on Jan 16, 10 10:24 PM
I played 30 minutes and couldn't wait for the trial to end. I really hope the game improves because I wouldn't take it if you gave it to me free. Too much guessing and not fun trying to figure it out. Wasn't for me, I'll pass on this one.

janet070
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

[Post New]by janet070 on Feb 25, 10 12:11 PM
I really waned to play this game but had problems with it from the very start. I couldn't get past signing my name. The game froze and I couldn't go forward or even exit.I have never had this kind of problems with any other games. I had to let the one hour run out.

Cordia
Flounder
Flounder
2,009 Posts

[Post New]by Cordia on Mar 24, 10 4:09 PM
I didn't have a problem running this on my vista system. I kind of liked the storyline, and it was really interesting to match the items- a nice twist on the standard hidden object genre. I'd buy this if we had excess money, but it's not high priority for me. I'd recommend the demo to anyone, though, really.

We are lacking chemistry, but I have a feeling Enlightenus and I will be good friends someday.

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Apr 13, 10 6:33 AM
What a great game, with a different take on your standard hog, good story line, and not too easy like some lately,many hours of game play, well worth it. hope there will be another one soon.

_ursalita_
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by _ursalita_ on Apr 18, 10 3:34 PM
I really enjoyed this game. I didn't have any technical issues ( I never had with BF Games). I liked the different take on HOG - I haven't played one like this before. I think I will play it again sometime.

nanaseaweed
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by nanaseaweed on Apr 26, 10 6:41 AM
I happened to be on the PC game download page when I noticed this game on the bottoom of the page under classics. I downloaded the trial and was hooked. So I bought it! Great graphics, scenery, interacting with game is fun. I have needed hints on occaision, but not too often. I'm kind of leisurely going through the game as I want to. I don't follow any set program. It may or may not be smart but so far no hang ups. I found the game easy to interact with and understand. However it is still a challenge in many spots. I also know there is a walkthrough if needed. Forty two chapters of fun! My cup of tea! Nana

[Post New]by suzzeeque1 on May 1, 10 4:30 PM
I love this game, but it keeps locking up - this is the only game I have a problem with! Am getting frustrated, having to exit and reload.

coha92
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by coha92 on May 9, 10 10:50 AM
I got this game with the mother's day coupon and played almost immediately. I LOVE IT! Nice story, easy to navigate, easy puzzles. It was an excellent choice. Hope to see more like this...

warmbear
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by warmbear on May 10, 10 10:20 PM
I really liked this game, and I wish it was a bit longer..

HOWEVER, I have habitual problems with the game not exiting correctly under Windows 7. The game appears to exit, but is still running invisibly under task manager. The only way to get the game to actually exit is to open windows task manager and manually close the application, or to reboot the whole computer to get it to exit.. This is the first BigFish game I have had this problem with, and it really should not be happening. Other than that issue, I have not had problem running the game whatsoever.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jul 18, 10 6:53 PM
I can't say enough good things about Blue Tea games. This one is beautiful and replayable and such a delightful twist on hidden object games.

[Post New]by candyman31144 on Aug 1, 10 10:31 AM
My favorite in a long time. It is different, hard, but not impossible. I had to use my brain several times which is good. Is there another game out there like this one?

Catghost
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Catghost on Aug 6, 10 10:46 AM
candyman31144 wrote:My favorite in a long time. It is different, hard, but not impossible. I had to use my brain several times which is good. Is there another game out there like this one?

Looks like you've got your wish, candyman31144: Enlightenus II just came out.
I wonder if you're willing to pay for the CE though....

I just finished Enlightenus I again after the demo of Enlightenus II. Because of the sequel I found it again on my gameslist. I totally forgot I had it, but it was wonderful playing it again. Makes one wonder, should I be a total fool and buy the CE, or am I patient enough to wait a few more weeks.

The first option, obviously!!

[Post New]by SassyKitten0317 on Aug 28, 10 12:51 PM
Just wanted to say best game I have played in awhile....Very easy to understand the directions and easy to backtrack and not get lost...thanks bigfish for including adding this game

Go to: