Re:Welcome to Return to Mysterious Island 2: Mina's Fate forum

[Post New]by rosetattoo2510 on Aug 19, 09 11:06 AM
i'm having the same problem tried going to the water place where the eggs were and still can't get anymore any suggestions

Gia1
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by Gia1 on Aug 19, 09 3:18 PM
tmjkfriend wrote:man this is silly downloading this game took me since 12pm on 7/11/09 and now it 2:14am 7/12/2009 with only 230mb left and 92 percent done. Come on what the deal here? This is the last time I am thinking bout buying big file games with out getting to play the demo.

That made me laugh. THAT'S a long time for a download. Have FUN (-:

[Post New]by cwthompson78 on Aug 19, 09 10:29 PM
I'm having trouble getting past Leonard, the painter. I've tried giving him food and the 3 paints. But when I use the ocarina on him, he doesn't respond. Any help on this one?

mazza66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mazza66 on Aug 19, 09 11:15 PM
I am replacing the circuits in the robot 3 have burned and now 3 do not have the right number of little holes How can I start this section again..or how do I get the right connections....Please..can anyone help Mazza 66

reddc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reddc on Aug 20, 09 2:34 PM
What is going on with this game is it buggy as when it first starts and is showing you what to do, it lets you pick up the hammer then you get an arrow pointing toward the door telling you that you can use the door to get to other places, then you cannot do anything else with the game, if you click the arrow near the door nothing is happening, can anyone help please?

[Post New]by WolvenGarde on Aug 23, 09 10:31 PM
Sweet_Sara_81 wrote:
Nayth wrote:
gamegirl48 wrote:
cc1cat wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the everything including words being duplicated on same screen?

Yes. I installed it twice to see if that would help, but it didn't. I think I am going to chat with someone at BFG and see if there is anything that can be done to remedy this.

Install newer graphicsdrivers and all should be fine, worked for me

Only problem I have now is that the game won't start anymore =(

same problem here...nothing but a black screen

Ok, This is kind of technical, but it WILL let you play the game.

1. Open "My Computer" (or "Computer" on Vista)
2. Open Drive "C"
3. Open "Program Files" (If you are using a 64-bit verion of Windows you will need to open "Program Files (x86)")
4. Open "Return to Mysterious Island 2 - Mina's Fate"
5. Make a copy of the file named "Config"
6. Now double-click on the original file to open it.
7. Press Ctrl+F and type "bFullScreen" and Click Find.
8. It should say "bFullScreen=1"
9. Change the 1 to 0 so that it says "bFullScreen=0"
10. Save and close the File
11. You are good to go.

This fix makes the game run in windowed mode, which communicates with the 3D engine differently than when running in Full Screen.

Have Fun

Edited on 09/12/2009 at 10:03:53 PM PST

[Post New]by RoknRobn on Aug 24, 09 1:55 PM
misha39 wrote:Help, I got mina out of the helocopter with jep's help but now I can't get him to move to get the medicine for mina's leg. How do I get him to move?

I'm having the exact same problem and was hoping to find the answer in this forum. Have you had anyone reply as yet?

[Post New]by RoknRobn on Aug 24, 09 3:54 PM
RoknRobn wrote:
misha39 wrote:Help, I got mina out of the helocopter with jep's help but now I can't get him to move to get the medicine for mina's leg. How do I get him to move?

I'm having the exact same problem and was hoping to find the answer in this forum. Have you had anyone reply as yet?

I went back to see what other's have said and found the answer. There is an "X" on the bottom right of the screen. Click the "X" and you go out of the 'dialague' mode into action mode. When I did that I was on my way. Fun!

[Post New]by pdbilek on Aug 24, 09 7:30 PM
myftroop wrote:I need help I have mistakely used my clay for pots or lost some somewhere, but I need more to make icons for the puzzle at the beach. Where can I get more clay or do I have to restart the game? Does anyone know???

Go back to the small kiln and at the potter's wheel there is a whole pile of clay that you can continue to go back to, whne you need to make more pots.

[Post New]by pdbilek on Aug 24, 09 7:33 PM
myftroop wrote:I need help I have mistakely used my clay for pots or lost some somewhere, but I need more to make icons for the puzzle at the beach. Where can I get more clay or do I have to restart the game? Does anyone know???

Go back to the small kiln and at the potter's wheel there is a whole pile of clay that you can continue to go back to, whne you need to make more pots.

[Post New]by elizablu05 on Aug 25, 09 5:42 AM
how do I get the puzzle bit of the lazer cannon done, I am stuck on the lining up of the circuit pieces.. please help. its driving me crazy!

[Post New]by snooks on Aug 25, 09 10:40 AM
Finally finished the game. Loved it. Graphics are fantastic. The only game that I liked a little bit better was the first Return to Mysterious Island. The ending makes you think they will have to do a sequel. Only downer is how long it took to download the game.

[Post New]by dmpls937 on Aug 25, 09 2:35 PM
take circuts out and start over. when you have the red lights on go to the top right knob and turn it once it should start the lazer beam. If that doesn't work go back to before you opened the case for the first time and then try it like i said good luck

[Post New]by ch6033 on Aug 25, 09 4:30 PM
hi I was wondering if anyone can tell me where the save games for RTMI2 are located, I had to reimage my hard drive and although I backed everything up on an external hard drive, i can't find anything that looks like a save file anywhere?

[Post New]by gramof9 on Aug 26, 09 3:27 PM
HI...MAY I PLEASE ASK IF ANY OF YOU CAN RECOMMEND ANY OTHER GAMES THAT ARE SIMILAR TO THIS GAME...BY THAT I MEAN THE CONTINUOUS PLACES AND DIFFICULTY...BUT YET NOT REALLY HARD...MY DH LOVES THIS GAME AND I WOULD LOVE TO GET HIM A COUPLE MORE THAT WOULD BE COMPARABLE IN DIFFERENT WAYS...ALSO IS BFG AND SPIN TOP THE ONLY TWO PLACES TO GET THESE GAMES FREE FOR AN HOUR OR OTHER SUGGESTIONS? THANKS SO MUCH...JEAN IN OHIO

[Post New]by Friendly_Fred on Aug 26, 09 11:38 PM
Hi, I must have used up some food that i should have saved to feed Leonard to make his energy level "Green", because I have nothing left to give him although his energy level is at about 95% right now. I am wondering, being it is not "Green" if that is the reason that the blowgun sequence does not allow me to get rid of the two enemy monkeys. As soon as one turns red, it stays red for a while, but even if I immediately shoot the blowgun at the other enemy monkey, as soon as I fire at the second monkey the first one loses its red color. Is this because Leonard's energy level is not Green? It says that leonard is neutral, and two of the monkeys are all green, the other two I can not make red at the same time. I had to go back and use the other Wild Peas to make the blowgun again, after disassembling the original one, in order to get the sights to use in the cave to fire at the enemy monkeys. If I need to turn Leonard's energy level Green, where do I find something, food or otherwise, to give to him to accomplish this? Grooming him is fine by him, but it no longer raises his energy level. Thanks in advance. Fredrick Barbee sfbarbee@charter.net

cinder555
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,217 Posts

[Post New]by cinder555 on Aug 27, 09 8:56 AM
You might want to try Keepsake - has it's own hint system or try Return to Mysterious Island, Syberia, Syberia II, Dracula series that are on Big Fish Games and have walkthroughs to help you in the game. For Big Fish Game walkthroughs click on Blog on your screen. If not go to Gameboomers.com for the walkthroughs. You will need a walkthrough to enjoy the games better or just a sneek peek if you run into trouble.

Edited on 08/27/2009 at 9:01:30 AM PST

dixielady627g
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,216 Posts

[Post New]by dixielady627g on Aug 27, 09 3:21 PM
Hi Fred! Use your ocarina whistle thing to make leonard happy with you.

lecjr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by lecjr on Aug 27, 09 4:02 PM
cc1cat wrote:Has anyone had any problems with the everything including words being duplicated on same screen?

Yes. is your video card MFG buy NVIDIA. They are having trouble with them and are trying to fix it. I had to get a refund untill they come up with a solution.

I keep checking but nothing yet.

[Post New]by lsl123 on Aug 31, 09 8:16 AM
pdbilek wrote:

This works fine if you're trying to make more pots but suppose you need the clay to take imprints from the crystals? Any ideas where I can get clay for this, I tried using an unfired pot but it didn't work.

Go to: