lou50
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone comments and reviews

[Post New]by lou50 on Aug 28, 09 9:21 PM
hi ,could anyone help me with the game ,i get to dr candy and when i get to the medical book i'mleft with the mirror not the magnify glass ,i've played this game about 6 times and every tine i get to this level the same thing happens ......please help ......lou50

[Post New]by janet686 on Sep 6, 09 11:42 PM
I'm in Druscilla's room, have found the pamphlet and read the message but can't get past that. The board still says pamphlet. How do I get past this room?

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Sep 10, 09 6:39 PM
I really enjoyed this game! I was getting a a bit sick of all the puzzle-overloaded games and thought it was time to see a traditional HOG again. I loved it. The voice-over scenes were odd and could have been just replaced with text, but other than that, LOVED every minute. Particularly liked the four room option, so if you got stuck, you could do the other rooms and come back.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Sep 10, 09 6:41 PM
lou50 wrote:hi ,could anyone help me with the game ,i get to dr candy and when i get to the medical book i'mleft with the mirror not the magnify glass ,i've played this game about 6 times and every tine i get to this level the same thing happens ......please help ......lou50

It's hard to think back when the game has so many facits. I used the mirror to read the back-to-front note in one of the other desk scenes on that level. Then I think I got the magnifying glass.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Sep 10, 09 6:43 PM
blush1 wrote:I can get the code to open the Bible lock in Drucilla's room, but when I try to press the up and down red hearts or arrows or whatever they are, all they do is blink and NOT change the numbers. Help.

That happened to me too. I think on the side or bottom there is place to click and drag the code to. Only then can you adjust the buttons! It took me ages to work that out. There is another one further on that is the same.

[Post New]by Oblivious_Queen9 on Sep 17, 09 3:57 PM
Hello Everyone:
I am experiencing the same predicament as Lou50. The only items in my inventory Dr. Milton Candy's room are a mirror and a key. Does anyone know how to get past this level, if there is a fix for this glitch?

I love the game, but have a suggestion: why not let any tools acquired be available throughout the game just in case such situations as experienced by me and Lou50? Example: Although all chapters for Druscilla have been investigated, a magnifying glass along with several items are still available in the Tools inventory.

Thanks for a Great game and Wonderful entertainment.

wilkesy83
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by wilkesy83 on Sep 24, 09 7:40 AM
I found this game incredibly difficult. It isn't suited for first time HOGers or those of us who don't play them often - you need the patience of a state!

The objects can be incredibly tiny, and you have to click EXACTLY on them which is difficult if it is a thin item! Can be frustrating to play.

The music and artwork is lovely, and it looks like a good storyline (I have only played the hour demo). The 'English' accents are a little...different to how they REALLY are which made me giggle!

There are no penalties for multiple clicking which came in handy for me when my patience was wearing thin :-D

I would consider buying this if there was absolutely nothing else better to do. Worth trying the hour demo and see how you get on.

[Post New]by greatgrma on Oct 1, 09 11:00 PM
I am stuck in the last scene of the 3rd suspect, the night shirt with the initials & the hole in in. When I hit the hint button it just goes back to the night shirt up on the shelf. Any suggestions anyone???????????

[Post New]by bigswede on Oct 1, 09 11:46 PM
I can't help but wonder,listening to some folks,that maybe they need a bigger computer......more ram???/more hard drive???
I have an HP game computer that could run my truck!!
Maybe try increasing your game card??

Bigswede

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Oct 5, 09 3:55 PM
I bought it and loved it. I was looking for a more straight up HOG game after so many mini game/adventure ones, and this one filled the bill. The dialog between the suspects was really annoying (couldn't tell you why... it just was).

[Post New]by avisvenia on Oct 20, 09 5:03 AM
hello

i have the problem with the magnifying glass in candy's room.there isn't such an item there and it is not in the list...does anybody know how i can solve this thing?

[Post New]by janee57 on Nov 9, 09 7:16 AM
I use Wild Tangent game console to download Mystery Masterpiece. I cannot play this game because the cursor is spastic. I have never seen a game do this. You cannot control the cursor. It is all over the page. Can someone help me. I have a new computer with Vista.

HasNazir
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,264 Posts

[Post New]by HasNazir on Nov 14, 09 6:04 PM
After trying this game, I won't be purchasing it, objects are hard to find, they have the idea right, but the settings to the scene just looked boring, bland. Hidden objects its not just about finding objects, but enjoying the scenery.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Nov 23, 09 8:14 AM
elcbee1 wrote:REALLY glad I bought this game. I have a hard time finding HOG that are challenging and that don't require solving all kinds of puzzle/riddles to advance. I recommend HIGHLY. Enough objects are not obvious so one is challenged. No time limits and no penalties for wrong guesses. PLEASE find/create more games like this one! [b]

Agree! Loved it , loved it, loved it.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Nov 23, 09 10:09 AM
I use Wild Tangent game console to download Mystery Masterpiece. I cannot play this game because the cursor is spastic. I have never seen a game do this. You cannot control the cursor. It is all over the page. Can someone help me. I have a new computer with Vista.

Wild Tangent might be the problem. It sucks a lot of RAM all by itself. Try turning off the custom cursor as that usually works. If it doesn't, I'm thinking it's WT.

theoldbag
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by theoldbag on Dec 20, 09 9:23 PM
As I said before, I had one glitch, and actually that wasn't a glitch, I failed to search the robe entirly and that is why I couldn't get rid of it. I just have to say that I really enjoyed this game. It was not so difficult that I was stumped for a long time or frustrated. And I did find the the right guilty party! Fun!

loonylimey
Clownfish
Clownfish
522 Posts

[Post New]by loonylimey on Dec 31, 09 6:09 PM
I really enjoyed it the first time around. The second time was full of glitches and I gave up.

Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone comments and reviews

[Post New]by Porcelaincougar on Jan 22, 10 4:52 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Here is what our reviewer thought of Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone. If you'd like to comment with what you thought of this game, please feel free to post them in this discussion thread.

Comments:
Be transported to the centuries of the past in Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone with beautifully created scenes and calming symphonies while you play. You’re able to explore multiple cluttered rooms of a wondrous mansion, and although you do visit some of the same rooms twice, each room is very detailed so any gamer would still be engaged in the game.

The soothing symphonies playing in the background help to remove you from your every day life and take you back to the time when the game is set. Difficulty is added to the game with hidden items that are shaded to match and blend very well with their surroundings. Although this is an easier game for an advanced player, anyone who is romantic or a dedicated sleuth would deeply enjoy this escape from the ordinary.

Genre:
Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone is a Hidden Object game with interactive elements.

Game Modes:
This game only has a standard, untimed mode and can also be played in windowed or full screen mode.

Depth:
Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone has nine different suspects to interview, each with four different scenes to investigate so an average player would be able to enjoy playing it for many hours.

Similar to:
This game is similar to <a href=http://tinyurl.com/kumhnl>Magic Encyclopedia</a>, <a href=http://tinyurl.com/mavug4>Magic Encyclopedia: Moon Light</a> and <a href=http://tinyurl.com/mqdhov>Youda Legend: The Curse of the Amsterdam Diamond</a>.

Difficulty level:
Mystery Masterpiece: The Moonstone is an easier game that can challenge a regular player but be made more simple for a beginning gamer with the use of hints.

Reviewed by L.D.

[Post New]by Porcelaincougar on Jan 22, 10 5:06 PM
Sorry I bought this game, although a relatively new "Big Fish" gamer,
I found this one boring, {the music was the only standout}
I highly recommend, "Serpent of Isis", Return to Ravenherst, Museum#2,
Having said that, Big Fish is the best! Great customer service, and you can't beat these prices!

[Post New]by teribella on Feb 4, 10 10:07 PM
Was very unhappy with this game cursor didn't work on objects alot. I would click on the right item several times with wrong indicator text popping up just to have it collect the item on the tenth click? Dusted the bottle in the wine cellar a million times until my fingers wore out, revealed the fingerprints every time with no result. The game wouldn't let me continue from there. Wasted my money!

Go to: