kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

Re:Pure Hidden comments and reviews

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Sep 19, 09 10:15 PM
patmltc wrote:I am enjoyng the game, but I'm stuck on the Wind God labyrinth level: I look at the hints but it looks as if the path goes through mountans sometimes and around at others. I would like to skip this level and move on, but don't see that as an option.

If I remember correctly, this requires a sort of a connect-the-pipes approach. I personally had a hard time w/ it -- lots of random clicking until I sorta got the idea. As I went along, I would click on Hint, which showed me where I went wrong (or right) up to that point.

GOOD LUCK , patmltc

[Post New]by LadyCougar46 on Sep 26, 09 10:47 PM
The instructions on this game are so vague I wasn't sure what I was suppose to do - I love hidden object games, hated this one it didn't make any sense. I will be removing this game from my computer so as not to waste space.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Oct 11, 09 4:19 PM
I just finished Pure Hidden and I really enjoyed it. The music is nice and soothing. The gameplay is different and the artwork is fantastic. It was nice to sometimes just hit keys and watch things happen on the screen. The hidden object part of the game was not too difficult but since I am not an expert hidden object finder (I'm not a newbie either) it was quite challenging at times. I thought the hint system was thoughtful. I didn't have to wait long for the next hint. I found the game to be so peaceful that I was really quite sad when it was over. I'll wait a few days so I can forget where I found the hidden objects before I play it again. I hope there is a Pure Hidden 2. For those of us who want to take a break from story lines and figuring out difficult puzzles this is the game to play. Sometimes a person just wants to find things.

By the way. It took me over 8 hrs to finish the game and I used quite a few hints. I did play some of the games for a while just for fun.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Oct 24, 09 6:39 PM
Bought this one after the demo. It's not as fun as the good story games, but it's nice to see something different, and the artwork is lovely. Some of the minigames aren't even games, but are just play, however, they can be a nice break from the HOGs. Three and a half stars.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 15, 10 4:17 PM
I loved this game. So different from the regular HOG and the little fun games were great. I thoght some of the HOs were hard to find. A bit more instruction at the beginning would have been helpful i.e. the hints button and how to use it. I'd like to see more from this company.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Jun 1, 10 11:35 PM
Just finished the trial and I'm not sure if I'll buy it or not. At first I didn't like it at all because I couldn't find anything! And I'm a veteran hidden object game player. But it sort of grew on me and the objects got a little easier to find once your eyes adjusted to this type of game. The lack of story didn't bother me. I have gotten tired of some of the lame story lines, trite dialogue, and sudden unsatisfying ending of some of the latest games. I thought the sheep jumping over the fence was a little silly and pretty pointless -- too arcade-like -- but I did enjoy the gambling one -- the trial quit right in the middle of that. But it certainly is something different, though not for everyone.

Luxau
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Luxau on Sep 13, 10 9:49 AM
I loved this game! I thought the images and the music were very beautiful. I also thought the little minigames in between were very nice as a break. I didn't like the hint system however (because it tempts me too much) so maybe you could have an option to remove it, also I didn't like the bug where you click return just after you've finished an image but it doesn't register it as being finished. Also, the game kinda ended too early, it would have been nice to have it say "You've won" or something to let us know. And maybe some of the objects were a little too hidden, which got a little frustrating. But despite all those things, I still enjoyed it a lot.

Edited on 09/13/2010 at 9:59:33 AM PST

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 4, 10 3:33 AM
Really wanted to like this one but it jsut wasn't for me
Gameplay: I thought it was ok. I thought some of the hidden objects were really easy to see while others were near impossible (e.g they were behind other objects and only a foot was visible). I didn't really appreciate the hint system blinking at me at the beginning of levels when i was still searching for objects. It seemed like it was saying "use meeeee. You are too stupid to find it " I thought that the mini games were too easy and some just seemed pointless.

I dunno i just didn't really get the point of the game. It was too abstract for my liking and I felt like I could play a similar version online for free.

I dunno I'm just not sure I would pay money to play it.

sunloving
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by sunloving on Oct 4, 10 11:17 AM
I remembered this from the demo and remembered thinking it was a refreshing, unique idea for a HOG and a good DD bargain. The objects are sometimes quite hidden, but never impossible. The various screens make me smile. The designers must have had fun. Thanks for the change from all the dark, depressing games that have been out recently. Sometimes it's just fun to be entertained.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Oct 4, 10 11:48 AM
Well I would not have paid full price for it, but for the $2.99 'deal of the day', not bad... not bad at all. I am a fan of HOG's, so I tried the demo and found the artwork nice in an evoking nostalgia kind of way. Sometimes bizarre, colorful, cartoonish, and at times bordering on the psychedelic. Reminds me of the past growing up. Some of the scenes are easy in locating objects, and in other scenes more difficult, which I like.

Action fast pace game? no, but instead relaxing and enjoyable if one likes to find even the tiniest hidden objects. I do, and I purchased. No tech problems on my end with the game, but I did not find the background something to write home about, so I just turned it off in the options settings.

Edited on 10/04/2010 at 11:51:11 AM PST

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Oct 4, 10 2:04 PM
I had read both good and bad reviews and thougth I would try it for myself
I chose the Zen mode and it was anything but - a very odd game - not for me

I played 48 minutes and then deleted the free trial
A no buy for me

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Oct 4, 10 11:38 PM
I totally LOOOOVE this game!

this isn't a typical HOG. if you want a story and a bunch of hand holding then just skip it because this game is not any of that. the objects can be quite difficult to find, and may be harder for people with not so great vision. that being said there are plenty of clues to use if you get stuck, play in zen mode to take it easy. the graphics are simply delightful, artistic and very clever. there are many puzzles that are pretty easy to figure out but still fun and funny. i got this as a daily deal and you won't find me complaining a bit because i'm having a lot of fun with it and it's well worth the price! personally i would even pay the regular big fish rate for it now that i know how much fun it is.

this game never gets boring for me, it's a real feast for the eyes and i can say that despite some of the items being slightly blurry it's easy to use a clue and move on if needed. be warned tho, as i said this won't be for everyone. it's not story oriented at all, as in there isn't one as i mentioned previously. it's puzzles and hidden objects, the end. also if you just want something casual and easy then the mini-game/puzzles will be, the hidden objects generally aren't so much and can be quite a challenge (which i love). i don't anticipate getting thru this game too quickly either. it's nice to finally have a game that is beautiful and challenging. if you're unsure as to this being your type of game try the trial and see. you might be pleasantly surprised. thanx much big fish for making this a DD!

[Post New]by Susabelle on Oct 5, 10 10:03 AM
To me, Pure Hidden is pure fun....it's that simple. However, I can tell from the comments here that it's one of those games that you either really like or really really don't.

It doesn't have a story. It doesn't have a theme. There is no real plot or any dialogue.

It DOES have wonderful graphics, great little animations and mostly very interesting puzzles. It has a bit of a dark feel as well - and some sly humor. Almost as if Cirque Du Soleil got together with Tim Burton for the design. I thought it was a beautiful addition to the genre - it's quirky, pretty to look at and also has some lovely background music. I got this one for the $2.99 Daily Deal, so it was definitely worth it for me. I'm having a hard time shutting it off to get ready for work!

I strongly suggest you try it first, if you are at all unsure that it is for you - or at least view the video. If you enjoy something a bit unusual and not a cookie-cutter HOG , try this one!!

Edited on 10/05/2010 at 10:07:05 AM PST

JoJoLavin
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by JoJoLavin on Oct 5, 10 7:25 PM
Just wanted to add my two cents for what it's worth. I liked this game. It was different, inventive, charming, whimsical.........okay, I just liked it because it was so 'off the beaten path'.

I find that I really an attracted to the HOG type games, and like getting wrapped up in a 'story line', or some kind of goal. This game was like that refreshing drink, or palate cleanser if you will. A refreshing change.

I've been a member for a little over a year now, and am digging in for the long haul folks. I will try harder to come and participate in the forum more, but I'm just having so much fun with the games.

Anyway, glad to be here, gonna stay.

Shameh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Pure Hidden..

[Post New]by Shameh on Oct 5, 10 7:35 PM
I decided to try this game on a free preview b/c most of the posts I read seemed 50-50 for and against. I really enjoyed it, so I bought it on the 2.99 special. Some reasons I liked it: 1. no long drawn out story line 2. colorful 3. not so hard minigames.

I wanted a break from all the in depth games, just something to while away some time. This was the trick!

If you dont mind that most of the **** screens look like the inside of an LSD trippers brain then you'll enjoy the slow pace. One nicety..nostalgia.saw some things I hadnt even thought about in years..lol
Thanks Big Fish.this was fun

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Oct 6, 10 4:56 AM
Beautiful artwork. The HOs scenes are ok (some challenging some not so much) but the hint system is good and you don't even have to get the full list of items to move forward.
Minigames are bizarre, some seem just a nice excuse to interact with the artwork (as the pop the bubble/music one, grow flowers or decorate bathroom), others are pretty enetertaining (as the typical connect tube ones, or cat crossing).

I found it very soothing and the graphs are awsome. It is very surrealistic and sort of dreamlike, so if you are in the mood for something with a storyline this is NOT your cup of tea.

jellow10
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by jellow10 on Oct 6, 10 5:23 PM
That's what it reminded me of!! Susabelle nailed it when she said it's like Cirque du Soleil. I wasn't going to buy it at first, even as a DD, after I demo'd it. But then I thought "oh, well, it's only $2.99." Now I'm so glad I did. It's not the kind of game I'll keep playing at because the story is so compelling or I want to solve the mystery. Rather, I can pick it up anytime I feel like it and slide right back into the game play. The artwork is amazing. And I love sitting there staring at the screen and then suddenly having one of the objects pop out at me. Talk about hidden in plain sight! The variety is also very appealing. You never know what's going to come out of that little box next. Some of the mini games are rather silly, but the whole thing has a whimsical feel to it that is very appealing to me. Good fun, no stress, nice change of pace.

CazGamer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by CazGamer on Oct 8, 10 9:24 AM
I agree with Poodlebear. Very artistic and lovely little game. Great for relaxing in the Zen mode. Would love another game like this one for the spare five minutes between appointments. Thanks BFG for making this one a $2.99 daily special. I wouldn't have found it otherwise.

[Post New]by skydivingsiren on Oct 8, 10 12:15 PM
I love HOGs, but lately storylines have been weak and childish. I LOVE this game because it is very relaxing to play, no silly storyline to follow, and I can take my time. It isn't a race to the end, it's ALL about the journey. Fantastic. I really hope they make a Pure Hidden 2

Snooks_1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Snooks_1 on Oct 9, 10 9:43 PM
I really enjoyed this game and hope that more like it are introduced. The only problem with it is the ending. With the obvious talent these people have with graphics, I would have expected an amazing ending instead of wondering whether you have indeed finished or not. This part was very disappointing.

Go to: