Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

Re:Mystery Age: The Imperial Staff comments and reviews

[Post New]by Stevihj on Sep 4, 10 8:21 PM
Yawn. Items are simple to find. The graphics are flat. The storyline is creative, but the bad dialogue ruins it. The load time was long. The Lord of the Rings rip off on the Wizard's name was what made me quit.

I would say a D.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Sep 5, 10 12:23 AM
Because of the DD price, I went ahead and purchased after reading some of the comments and I'm glad I did. This is an enjoyable game and the objects as well as the puzzles are medium difficulty which is what I like after playing difficult adventure games - taking a break. The $2.99 price was well worth the fun I'm having and it doesn't make me feel less than adequate when playing - like I did when playing Dream Chronicles Book of Air. I gave up on that one. I give 2 thumbs up on this game!

Edited on 09/05/2010 at 7:41:06 PM PST

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Sep 7, 10 4:41 PM
I found the game enjoyable and relaxing to play. No timer and plently of hints when you need them. Some of the items were very hard to find. Still a nice game.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 12, 10 3:01 PM
This was a good game but more for a beginner I think. The only time I had to get help was for finding a couple items. It had good graphics but I found the story a bit lacking. The mini games were fun and hard enough to get you thinking. It was shorter than I was led to believe. The one good thing I can say is that I got it on sale and I am glad. I would not have really been disappointed if I had paid full price but it was not as good as some and I am glad I got it reduced.

Akenta
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by Akenta on Oct 17, 10 6:42 PM
I finally finished this game and enjoyed it a lot. I started it last weekend and would play for 1/2 hour to an hour every night or so. I like games where you have to go between scenes to find all the pieces and decide what needs to be done with them. The dialog between the mom and child was cute - like how the mom had all those different names for the girl. I'm hoping they come out with a sequel one day.

kat1117
Clownfish
Clownfish
956 Posts

[Post New]by kat1117 on Oct 25, 10 5:52 AM
I bought this game during a recent sale. It is a pretty good game and worth $2.99.

jeannemaria
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by jeannemaria on Oct 25, 10 5:44 PM
There were so many glowing reviews that I trialled this game. I know that many love to do these intricate interactive puzzles, but i am not one of them. I love the straight HOGS with a bit of interactive play. This game is too complicated for me without using a Walkthrough at times. I don't like using a walkthrough or strategy guide. So this game is not for me . It is the same with the Puppets of Joyville game. I will not even try RTR, Ravenshurst and Dire Grove. I have to watch my downloads because i only have two Gegabytes per Month.

I like the two Veronica Rivers games and also the "V. Porter" game which i purchased a few weeks ago. I had no trouble doing most of the puzzles in these games. I also like the Agatha Christie: Poirot and Miss Marple, the Mystery PI series and the Big City Adventure series.

Happy Gaming

hookt
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by hookt on Oct 25, 10 7:45 PM
I bought this game as a Daily Deal and found it to be a very relaxing game.

Nice blend of interactive hidden objects and fragmented objects. Mini-games are relatively easy, but I believe they increased in difficulty farther into the game. Graphics are bright and colorful. A nice change of pace from some of the darker themed games. Music is pleasant, but a bit repetitive.

Game has 13 chapters, so I found it to be a good length of game play.

Well worth the $2.99 Catch of the Week price.

Happy Gaming!
hookt

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 26, 10 7:45 AM
This game should serve as a model for all games. Why? Because it has a skip-option in the mini-games. Nothing worse than buying a game that you cannot complete because you are stuck in one section of the game with no chance to advance. Did not see any more games in this series. Pity.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 26, 10 11:40 AM
The graphics are fair. The gameplay is easy. The story is orginal. For 2.99, it's a buy that I think a beginner would like. I found myself flying through the game.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 30, 10 8:37 AM
This game is the "Weekly daily". I highly recommend it. I have bought and finished this game for a few months and highly enjoyed it. Very clear graphic, nice frog. Happy gaming!

gypsybaby1
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by gypsybaby1 on Nov 4, 10 11:40 AM
I downloaded the trial on this because it was linked with the 11-5 release Mystery Age: Dark Priests.

14 minutes into this and I'm already bored to tears. I hope Dark Priests isn't the same.

PeterJKH
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by PeterJKH on Nov 14, 10 11:18 AM
Not my kind of game. Kind of childish, and though the graphics are OK, the persons reminded my of the cartoons I watched in my childhood. The dialogues were not really mature too, if I had a mother like that, I would put her in an assylum. But OK, it's fantasy. What I really hated, is the fact that the objects you have to find, were broken up in pieces, which did not add to the realism - I mean, do you often find objects you are looking for in your house, broken up in a six pieces that are all in a different place? Sometimes the pieces were so tiny (e.g. a 1 mm piece of broomstick, or a VERY small piece of a seashell) that they were almost impossible to find - and I really am an experienced player. The puzzles were nice, not too hard, but entertaining - in fact, they were almost the best part of the game.

All in all, not my cup of tea. I am more a MCF RTR or Dire Grove person. But I am glad that a lot of people DO live the game, as it is obvious that the makers did put much effort into the graphics and the puzzles.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Dec 9, 10 7:44 PM
A good game. Could have been as great as "Dark Priests" if they had spent more money and time on the graphics, especially the cut-scenes.
Puzzles were enjoyable and quick to do. The ending, of course, like many games in this genre hints at a sequel. In other words, . . . Blah.
I liked the way one had to combine inventory items. Made it more interesting.
A fine weekend endeavor for the kids.

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on Dec 12, 10 9:10 AM
So bright and pretty. Loved it!

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 24, 11 4:13 PM
It's cute and relaxing to play, but I'd expected more from it after trying Mystery Age: The Dark Priests. I don't think I'd buy this, as there are so many more entertaining games here. Not that it's a bad game. Some of the puzzles are fun, and the story is whimsical, at least in the demo hour.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 10:56 AM
The game is very nice looking and fun to play, the scenes are so bright and pretty that is what made me buy it in the beginning, the story line is OK, the puzzles are also OK, just your average HOG.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 6, 12 9:31 AM
Hmmm...finding "eyes" makes the Hint Button recharge? Except you can only find one at a time; if you find two the second one doesn't count. And if you find an eye and use it and then find another eye you don't get a full recharge - just half.

Why? And why the two-minute recharge?

The graphics are nice; it's very pretty and most of the fragmented objects are easy to find. But I can't figure out this "eye and hint" business.

That is pretty much the only downside to this game but it's a major one. Also, "eye" can be anything oval or circular and there is no clue as to how many are in a scene - not that it matters much because some give a hint and some give half a hint and some give no hint.

DD maybe. Regular price or credit? NO.

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Sep 18, 13 4:15 AM
A bright and cheery frog (fractured object game). Mother and daughter team travel the world to find the father and meet some interesting characters along the way.

Some objects were difficult to find and the music was a little bit too soothing and repetitive. Background sound effects like laughing or birds were repeated more than necessary. I had to turn both way down. Other than that a pretty and relaxing game for kicking back.

sunshinej

Edited on 10/22/2013 at 6:11:12 PM PST

Go to: