Re:Suddenly getting "Director Error"

[Post New]by kmann1105 on Feb 20, 10 8:46 PM
Hi..I'm running Win 7....can you PM me the link to fix the error message in MTE. Thanks

[Post New]by jfrederickson on Feb 22, 10 9:52 PM
May I please have the link also? I have Vista and was able to play the trial version, but when I unlocked the full version I haven't been able to play it.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Feb 25, 10 3:45 AM
Hi all - apologies it has taken some time to get here & reply to you all - have had some fam stuff going on that has required much of my attention & still does -

Marshmellow1968 - have pm'd you

Hexwitch - Thank you so much for yr feedback - am so happy to hear all is going well with yr game

Cacaleee - have pm'd you

Kmann1105 - have pm'd you

Jfredrickson - have pm'd you

To all those who have pm'd me in relation to this prob - have pm'd you also

If i have missed anyone - please post to let me know - & i will pm you - apologies if i had missed you - has been a big number of requests for info for various systems so hope i didnt miss anybody

Any continuing probs - please repost & will do me best to help to see if we can get the prob resolved for you

Fi

Edited on 02/25/2010 at 3:46:35 AM PST

[Post New]by azk123 on Mar 2, 10 7:59 PM
I'm running Vista, need the fix, please. Thank you.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 2, 10 9:54 PM
azk123 wrote:I'm running Vista, need the fix, please. Thank you.

Azk - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by azk123 on Mar 3, 10 11:38 AM
Thank you, that seemed to do the trick. I'll let you know if it happens again.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 3, 10 3:02 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are recieving errors making sure that you have the latest version of the game, you may want to try the steps below.

Uninstall Mahjong Towers Eternity either through your Add/Remove Programs feature in the Control Panel or by clicking the trash can icon next to the game in your Game Manager
Display hidden files and folders, by taking the following steps. (vista)
1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2.Click Appearance and Personalization
3.Then, click Folder Options
4.Click the View tab
5. On the View tab, under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
Delete all Mahjong Towers Eternity folders manually in your program files, along with the hidden folder in C:\Gerda\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (note that "Gerda" would be your name)
Search your system for 'MTE' and delete anything that may come up in the search.
Reinstall the game fresh from My Account

If this doesn't work, you can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach Customer Support.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 4, 10 1:39 AM
Remember to back up yr player folder before following BfgTigris post to uninstall otherwise you will have to restart with a new player name upon reinstall

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page;jsessionid=2F7C3175C3EF1F271A26950A00D7B17B

Ty BfgTigris - Vista has been the most problematic with the errors in this game for a lot of players

Edited on 03/04/2010 at 1:56:41 AM PST

VSyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by VSyn on Mar 12, 10 11:24 AM
Hi fishies

None of this has anything to do with your operating system, it fails on my Mac too

The problem is at Big Fish and has been an on going problem for almost a year now.

I do wish they would fix it "cause I love this game too, but there's nothing we in the fish pond can do.

K

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 14, 10 6:25 AM
VSyn wrote:Hi fishies

None of this has anything to do with your operating system, it fails on my Mac too

The problem is at Big Fish and has been an on going problem for almost a year now.

I do wish they would fix it "cause I love this game too, but there's nothing we in the fish pond can do.

K

Hi Vsyn - have you tried this link to see if it makes a difference?

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/175

Hugz Fi

[Post New]by wonkypooh on Mar 16, 10 6:12 AM
Spazzazz wrote:If you cant get into the game at & if youve had it for around 3 years & played it a fair bit in that time you may be needing the fix

This is done when yv played yr player file upto around the 500kb mark

Check this first & if its not that then we can look at other things

Checking the kbs on yr player file - these instructions are for Xp - if you are using Vista or Mac - msg me & i'll send you the link on how to find the game files & folders in these puters if you dont already know how

Right clik yr Mte game icon (the 1 you start the game up with)
Clik Properties
Clik Find Target

Look for the 'Player' folder & double clik on it

You will see a lot of wierd looking files that are all the same

Find the 'Players' file - directly underneath it there will be a number with kb beside it - if you cant see the number gently sit yr mouse on the file & the number will appear

Then post back & we'll go from there

Hi,

I´ve also the same problem as lot of other people here, I get that excessive Diector Error all the time. Why have you something like this in your games??
I use Vista, so please send me a PM soonest possible, so I can go on with the game.
Regards,
wonkypooh

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 19, 10 2:52 AM
wonkypooh wrote:Hi,

I´ve also the same problem as lot of other people here, I get that excessive Diector Error all the time. Why have you something like this in your games??
I use Vista, so please send me a PM soonest possible, so I can go on with the game.
Regards,
wonkypooh

Hi Wonkypooh - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by sentringer on Mar 19, 10 1:58 PM
I've had the game for about 4 days. I tried to play today when "Director Error and Make Sure you have the Latest Game Version" showed up. I did uninstall and new download/re-install. Still doesn't work. I have no problems with other Mahjong games, just this one. I have Vista os. Any ideas how to fix this?

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 19, 10 7:10 PM
sentringer wrote:I've had the game for about 4 days. I tried to play today when "Director Error and Make Sure you have the Latest Game Version" showed up. I did uninstall and new download/re-install. Still doesn't work. I have no problems with other Mahjong games, just this one. I have Vista os. Any ideas how to fix this?

Hi Sentringer - have pm'd you - Fi

[Post New]by tinyshark on Mar 21, 10 7:27 AM
I am also getting this error - have tried the fixes-have installed/reinstalled twice. No go. I have also had this game for about 3 years and play it all the time. Help.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Mar 22, 10 1:46 AM
tinyshark wrote:I am also getting this error - have tried the fixes-have installed/reinstalled twice. No go. I have also had this game for about 3 years and play it all the time. Help.

Tinyshark -

Which puter system are you running? &

did you back up yr player in the game?

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/42627.page;jsessionid=2F7C3175C3EF1F271A26950A00D7B17B

You will get an error when the player file in yr player folder reaches around 500kbs - the only thing that will open the game at this point is the Mte fix - if you have uninstalled/reinstalled without having a backup (a copy) of yr player folder & you have been playing all the time for around 3 yrs - then you will have lost all the data you played so hard to get & when you do get you up & running again you will have to restart by creating a new player

If you have been trying to reopen the game with a backup player after uninstall/reinstall - double clik on the player folder to open it & check the kbs on the "players" file - if it around 500kbs post back & i'll send you the info you need to pull the players file back some kbs so it will open for you

Fi

[Post New]by tinyshark on Mar 22, 10 5:01 PM
I have vista on my computer - and my players file has 475 kb on it. I did not back up, but as long as I can play - even if I need to start over, it's fine with me. Thanks.

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 3, 10 4:42 AM
tinyshark wrote:I have vista on my computer - and my players file has 475 kb on it. I did not back up, but as long as I can play - even if I need to start over, it's fine with me. Thanks.

Hi Tinyshark - yep yrl be needing the fix by now if you still been playing - have pm'd you the info

Hugz Fi

Spazzazz
Herring
Herring
332 Posts

[Post New]by Spazzazz on Apr 3, 10 4:45 AM
To those who have pm'd - have pm'd you

Fi

[Post New]by princesshouse on Apr 3, 10 5:06 PM
OK, I give up. This same thing is happening to me. I followed Ann's instructions on page 2 of this thread yesterday and it worked fine for awhile. Now today, it won't load again.

Help! LOL

Go to: