brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Re:Avenue Flo Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 15, 10 3:37 PM
I liked the game, most of it anyway. I bought the game. My only complaint is not having the ability to "skip" over any mini-games. I had to run to the walk through to get through some of the mini games. All in all, it is a cute game.

Edited on 09/15/2010 at 3:37:38 PM PST

Raven9
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by Raven9 on Sep 16, 10 2:57 PM
I Love This Game! I Love The Song, Voices And Others!

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Oct 5, 10 5:34 PM
Yeah, finally completed the game!!! I think it's a really cute game & pretty long--my only issue was no hints & no way to skip over the mini-games. That last aerobic round took about 20 tryies (& I am a TM player) & then the puzzle afterwords took about 1/2 hour. IMHO very good game-especially for a DD

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Oct 15, 10 8:18 PM
I just played thru to the end of the game.

I bought this game on sale for 3 bucks, and for that price, it's a good game. Nice light tone to it.

I don't see myself playing it again any time soon though - but I guess that's usually the case with HOG's anyway, beyond maybe a second time thru to get some awards.

The mini-games can be accessed separately once unlocked, which is a good feature, but I really don't want to replay any of them.

Edited on 10/15/2010 at 8:19:08 PM PST

[Post New]by missillusioned on Oct 18, 10 11:05 AM
I demoed this and it was a nice game However, I kinda feel like it would be better for kids as an introduction to adventure games, rather than for more experienced game players. I found I was just going through the motions and there wasn't much challenge to it. However, it was fun to play and I thought the gameplay was excellent

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 18, 10 1:57 PM
The more I play this game, the better I like it. You will find if you point on "people" who really have nothing to do with the game they talk. Poke at the recycle machine in different area, it has something to say as well.

My only gripe is with BFG. This game was offered at $2.99 in September and now in October it's back.
C'mon BFG, give us something new to buy.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Oct 18, 10 3:22 PM
The grapihcs are fun. The storyline includes all the friends from Dinertown that we have seen in a variety of PlayFirst's games. Hilarious! The gameplay isn't difficult. There are a variety of mini-games, called activities in the game. There is a small HOG in that you have to find butterflies and bottles.This game is great fun.

This game is an A++.

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 19, 10 6:15 AM
I bought this game yesterday as a Catch of the Week and really had a great time playing it. If this is part of the Diner Dash series, I may have to look into them more. It is hard to be in a bad mood playing this game!

My usual games are dark HOG, like Redemption Cemetary.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 21, 10 5:15 PM
I got this on the week's daily deal for $3 and change. For that price it's a fun, slightly different adventure game and it's really entertaining. And defintely worth it.

I wouldn't give $7 for it, but then money is tight for me. If you play a lot of games then I am sure it would be worth paying the full price.

I thought looking at it, it was a kid's game, but it's not. It's nicely but not too hard, puzzle adventure that you don't need a walkthrough for.

I am the first to bemoan games that are too short (I never buy them). But while this game isn't too long, it's not the shortest either. I knew reading here it wasn't long, so am taking my time over this one - smelling the butterflies

[Post New]by Leniferable on Oct 22, 10 10:20 AM
Hi guys,

I've downloaded the trial and I think there's a problem with it but I'm not sure. The game seems to be skipping over cut-scenes. So at the beginning, when Quinn calls, and you press one to call her back? I press one, and then suddenly it cuts to Flo standing in the shop, and she now has a checklist of things to do, with no explanation or record of the phone call. Then in Bobbi's shop, I walk in, stand around, and then it suddenly cuts to Flo saying we need to collect all the beads?

I'm missing some parts, right?

MarpleLover
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by MarpleLover on Oct 23, 10 7:18 AM
I hope to get through the aerobics activity this weekend. I don't know about six times and do they get more difficult each time.

I want to play to the end of the game!!!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 23, 10 9:38 AM
Leniferable wrote:Hi guys,

I've downloaded the trial and I think there's a problem with it but I'm not sure. The game seems to be skipping over cut-scenes. So at the beginning, when Quinn calls, and you press one to call her back? I press one, and then suddenly it cuts to Flo standing in the shop, and she now has a checklist of things to do, with no explanation or record of the phone call. Then in Bobbi's shop, I walk in, stand around, and then it suddenly cuts to Flo saying we need to collect all the beads?

I'm missing some parts, right?

Yes you are. I can't remember Bobbi's shop but with the phone call there should be a cut scene with Quinn explaining she needs help with the wedding planning and sorting some stuff out. I take it you aren't accidently hitting the skip button at the bottom left of the page?

I don't know what is going on with you, maybe contacting the tech people here may help.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Oct 23, 10 9:42 AM
MarpleLover wrote:I hope to get through the aerobics activity this weekend. I don't know about six times and do they get more difficult each time.

I want to play to the end of the game!!!

Yes they do. You don't need to hit everyone, and I failed a couple of times but they let you replay just the dance sequence you failed on. I found if I waited till the color hit the target it was too late and more difficult so hit it just before it gets to the target.

I found this one not too bad, the good news for you is there is a lot more game time for you to look forward too! I found the chicken songs really hard to remember later in the game. That is one thing they could do, use a skip button for the mini puzzles.

Re: Avenue Flo Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by GenieR on Oct 24, 10 9:04 PM
I'm not going to be able to get thru the aerobics activity on my 800 MHz PowerPC G4 Mac. The rest of the game runs fine, but the aerobics activity is just too fast for my machine: the action freezes, the mouse freezes. I'm on the 4th dance and there's no way to click in time on the longer sequences. If there's no way around this, I'm stuck here.

Raven9
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Avenue Flo comments and reviews

[Post New]by Raven9 on Oct 25, 10 10:25 PM
tashanunn81 wrote:im a big fan of the dash games just compleated this and loved the games
looking forward to more dash games in the future
big thumbs up

Thanks! We Are The DASH Games Fan!

nards1975
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by nards1975 on Oct 27, 10 1:24 AM
There is no way you can finish this game in 3 hours like some others claim they have done. The aerobics is just too hard and most people like myself seem to struggle with it. I don't like the minigames in this game at all!

[Post New]by ladyjaja101 on Nov 15, 10 3:59 AM
help game not working comes up with a message

[Post New]by tempestdancer on Nov 16, 10 8:58 AM
I just played some of the demo of the sequel (Avenue Flo: Special Delivery). I like many of the other Flo games, but this one seemed more forced and slow. However the reason I'm not purchasing it to play more of is that it makes fun of locally handmade items being sold in a boutique. Really, BFG? Not cool...

[Post New]by tab9684 on Nov 20, 10 11:05 PM
I am having major issues i have now restarted the game twice because i can not find the 20th bottle... its not there. ive looked everywhere. ive gone through walkthroughs... i dont know what else to do?! errrgh

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Nov 20, 10 11:38 PM
tab9684 wrote:I am having major issues i have now restarted the game twice because i can not find the 20th bottle... its not there. ive looked everywhere. ive gone through walkthroughs... i dont know what else to do?! errrgh

This is the forum for the original game, Avenue Flo. You need the forum for the current game, Avenue Flo: Special Delivery. When you get there, read the forum topic "Balloons and Bottles and Sock." It should help you.

To get to the correct forum, click near the top of this page where it says "All Game Forums." The games are listed alphabetically.

Good luck!
Robin

Go to: