Thanksgiving event 2015

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Thanksgiving event 2015

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Nov 26, 15 6:11 AM
Bluex wrote:I don't know if any of you ladies noticed. But our today's quest (your yesterdays) You get two of the same plates per play. I thought it odd and If you mentioned it I overlooked it.
I played CT boat house and got 2 Glazed Harvest, shows it at the bar. Played Michigan and got two Ivory Wreaths and again shows one plate with the number two on it.. Very odd as I never remember any of the "special" collections dropping two at a time of the same thing. I'm not complaining just noting and passing it on.

Speaking of odd (no personal comments from the peanut gallery required ), my ivory wreath plate showed up in Kansas, for this quest, on my laptop. Thought I was losing my mind (well, maybe I am, but we won't go there), but it was in the reward bar for KS. So, I went in and played it to see if it would show up; sure enough, got the ivory platter in KS. And yes, when i clicked on go in the quest dialogue box, it took me to Kansas. Love this game

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Nov 26, 15 6:16 AM
I will throw an odd thing out there. Yesterday's quest was left open by mistake as I was busy with not only play but life. Well I played it but for what ever reason I never got the quest checks off with that green mark. Did not think about it and got busy , went to bed. 3AM I woke up in a tizzy, OMG i lost the quest (could only happen to an ART nut, as you will agree). I rushed to the laptop turned on the game and I got the coin multiplier, todays daily quest and the Turkey quest. I clicked on the Turkey quest and it was yesterdays still unchecked. I played it got the check marks on it and immediately got today's. Now that is a surprising new development and makes no sense to me. However if you recall I started the event three days late and all of the quests came up one after the other.

List4Art
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by List4Art on Nov 26, 15 7:09 AM
Hello everyone! Day 13 has arrived.

We are playing a mini game today. The new one in Aylen's Porcelain Place - #18b Warm Cornucopia. It takes 18 glue. No Thanksgiving collectible but I did get the Wedding Dress from the Vintage Clothing Gowns (Platinum collection).

Event Quests Progress: 16/17
Achievements (in Event Quests Progress)
- Complete a Thanksgiving special quest. TICKED.
- Complete 7 Thanksgiving special quests. TICKED.
- Complete 12 Thanksgiving special quests. TICKED.
- Complete 17 Thanksgiving special quests.
- Complete all Thanksgiving collectibles. TICKED.

In Achievements:
Complete 17 Thanksgiving special quests. 16/17
Complete all Thanksgiving collectibles. TICKED.

Not much else to report about today's quest. Only one more Thanksgiving Quest left - wonder what it will be?

BTW:
Hi Oddly, I got the same results as you for Nov 25.
Hi, Blue! Yes, I saw those 2 instances of 2 of the same Thanksgiving plates falling in one drop. In my posts you will notice that I have underlined where I got 2 plates. About your "odd" occurrence -another interesting development in the game of ART. Have found that the game 'likes to keep us on our toes' by doing the unexpected.

Have fun everyone.
Dot

Edited to add: Apologies, I forgot to change from List4Art to my forum name aussie_Dot.

Edited on 11/26/2015 at 7:30:01 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 26, 15 7:35 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:I did get the two plates each time I played the 11/25 quests. But note on today's I got one Ivory Wreath in KS - which makes the AZ and MT still the best way to get those. 2 Belle of Bird in FL. 1 Magenta in NV ; I played this one four time and got 3 Magenta and 3 Los Hemanos.. The regular location of MN also has the Happy Turkey and Gold Dust Gourd drop too. So if you only need the platter it would be a cheaper way to get them.

So only FL had multiple plate drops on 11/26. Would be interested in knowing what others found ****Quest has to be left open for this to be the case, I am pretty sure****

Same as you. You get double special collectibles when you are sent by the quest to the place where the collectible has been since the start of the event. You only get one collectible when the quest sends you to a place where the collectible is making its first (and only) appearance.

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Nov 26, 15 8:19 AM
And only one plate in Florida, once quest is complete.

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Nov 27, 15 7:05 AM
Day 14 & the last quest for the Thanksgiving Event is in.

I will admit I did not foresee this quest. For today's quest we need to upgrade OR customize the diner.

I already have the diner at level 5 so no further upgrade could be done. So I turned to customization. I remembered the tips from when we had to upgrade/customize the Antique Shop (day 5 quest). I used the customization I had already done - for Pirate's Day. I changed the diner to pirate theme & after I collected the reward, I shifted it back. No cost, no time needed for building. It was quick & easy.

Then the Achievement Banner came up - telling me I had completed all 17 special quests. I collected the reward of a Thanksgiving Turkey (which increases energy level by 50).

Event Quests Progress: 16/17
Achievements (in Event Quests Progress)
- Complete a Thanksgiving special quest. TICKED.
- Complete 7 Thanksgiving special quests. TICKED.
- Complete 12 Thanksgiving special quests. TICKED.
- Complete 17 Thanksgiving special quests. TICKED.
- Complete all Thanksgiving collectibles. TICKED.

In Achievements:
Complete 17 Thanksgiving special quests. TICKED.
Complete all Thanksgiving collectibles. TICKED.

That competes the reporting for the Thanksgiving Event for 2015. I have enjoyed being your "eyes in the east". Thank you for allowing me to participate in this manner. Hope you all had a successful and profitable event but mostly I hope you enjoyed the quests. Have fun on the last day. See you all when the Christmas Event starts.

Dot

NanaLoona
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
447 Posts

[Post New]by NanaLoona on Nov 27, 15 8:29 AM
Dot, Thank you so much for taking the time to post these quests. It has been most helpful to know what is needed before we start each day.

I also want to thank Oddly for all her help in the forums. Both of you may feel this has been a thankless task, so let me take the time to say THANK YOU!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 27, 15 11:45 AM
I also want to give Dot a big thanks, it is so appreciated to get a faithfully rendered account of the quests. I know that takes some time to type up and I am very appreciative of the time and effort you have put into this quest series, Dot. Thanks so much! Nana, you know lists are my thing .... It is always nice to hear that people use them.

pdennis1416
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by pdennis1416 on Nov 27, 15 12:08 PM
I'll add my thanks to Dot for the great posts RE: Thanksgiving quests. I have enjoyed this event very much, for the little I was able to play it. Thanks again, Dot. I'll be back for Christmas, I hope

PKD

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Nov 27, 15 12:37 PM
Thanks to everybody for making me feel so welcome. Makes me wish I would have started talking to you guys, back when I started in May. It's been a fun week. Hopefully the snow starts on the game soon (and melts where I live).

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Nov 27, 15 3:31 PM
Dottie you are a real trooper being our "eyes". A halfway around the world hug and many thanks my dear lady. That was excellent reporting and made us enjoy our games that much more as it built up the excitement.. I look forward to your Christmas reporting....Thank you again.

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Nov 27, 15 3:53 PM
I completely agree! Thank you Dot for taking the time to put together a guide for the past several events. You've captured them perfectly and have really helped many of us be able to plan accordingly. Not to mention a great historical piece for those who play next year too..

Cheers to you Dot!! Hip! Hip! Hooray!!!

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Nov 28, 15 5:28 AM
Great thankyou from Europe, too. Great work!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 29, 15 7:37 AM
Post script to the event:

On the two quests that require an upgrade or customization. If you have both places already at level 5 make sure you have a customization ready in the wings to switch to so you can do so quickly. On one of my games I had to customize and let it run through the whole day and still had to pay a little gold to get it finished before the end of the 24 hours.

Day 5- Nov 19, 2015.
Alton: Thanksgiving Feast. You can customize your shop? Interesting, I'd like to see that!
Q. 7. - Upgrade or customize your antique shop. What ever upgrade you have next will satisfy .

Day 14 - Nov 28, 2015.
Alton (in quest box): Thanksgiving Feast. The feast is ready! All we need to do is pretty up the diner and we're all set!

Q. 17.
- Upgrade or customize the diner.

Edited on 11/29/2015 at 7:40:19 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Nov 29, 15 7:48 AM
I was disappointed to see that the extra mini games disappeared when the event was finished.

I want to join others in thanking Dot and Oddly for this thread.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Nov 29, 15 7:57 AM
I just noted that as well. Very cheap on their end but I suppose ot was ONLY for a Holiday event. They should have included the missing items there such as the Korean war metal though had they thought about it.

rpduffey
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by rpduffey on Nov 29, 15 3:55 PM
I was not able to complete the last quest. I clicked to upgrade the diner then signed off for the day. Wasn't able to come back until the next day when the Thanksgiving event was over. Oh, well....next event!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Nov 29, 15 7:46 PM
rpduffey wrote:I was not able to complete the last quest. I clicked to upgrade the diner then signed off for the day. Wasn't able to come back until the next day when the Thanksgiving event was over. Oh, well....next event!

Good to figure as All Holiday quests must be finished for the most part before 12:01 am your time. Think of like the daily quest. Must be done before then. Even if you do, do them and you don't have them checked off before that curfew. Nada and NEXT!!

Go to: