Re:Trapped: The Abduction comments and reviews

[Post New]by tonya41 on Nov 7, 09 3:29 PM
I'm definitely having an interesting time trying to get through each level of the game. I'm about a third of the way through already. I'm sailing through the scenes of hidden objects. I rarely use any hints. I like the voice of the kidnapper. He sounds really creepy, and it has a very cool movie type drama in it. That's what draws me to the game. I'm looking forward to continuing the game until I get to the end. Great game all in all though, great suspense.

pegluv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by pegluv on Nov 9, 09 1:59 PM
[b]i just bought & finished this game. I LOVED IT! when is the next one coming around?

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Nov 9, 09 2:42 PM
Hear hear. What a lame-o ending. And do you think they could have made a few more dialogs for the guy to say so that I don't have to hear "I didn't think you'd get this far" or "When are you going to escape? Oh never!"

And the let down of not getting a final end scene or getting to utilize all the collection. How lame. You can still setup for a sequel by giving us a little more on the girl and how or why she was taken. I guess the developers took the phrase about cows and milk a little too seriously.

grover3e
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by grover3e on Nov 9, 09 6:51 PM
I loved the scary atmosphere, but the hidden objects were a bit too easy for my tastes. Definitely a set-up for a sequel. Three of five stars, and I bought it with my Octoberfest coupon.

[Post New]by GentlemanKat on Nov 12, 09 1:59 PM
The game borrows heavily - in thematic elements - from the "SAW" series of horror movies (unseen, hooded, camera-using kidnapper; distorted, taunting voice; traps and/or puzzles to solve to escape).

Not to say I didn't like it; I appreciate that not every game from Big Fish is entirely bright, cheerful, and kiddy like Playskool toys. The Ravenhearst Trilogy, Edgar Allen Poe game, and Department 42 come to mind in the "darker" vein.

I didn't mind the ending; it at least indicates they have the intention to do a sequel, and I'll be interested to see how they continue the narrative.

-GK

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Nov 13, 09 4:22 PM
GentlemanKat wrote: The Ravenhearst Trilogy,

-GK

Trilogy you say?

[Post New]by GentlemanKat on Nov 16, 09 1:24 PM
dashwood95 wrote:
GentlemanKat wrote: The Ravenhearst Trilogy,

-GK

Trilogy you say?

Given its cliffhanger connection to the series, I tend to think of "Madame Fate" as part of the Ravenhearst story, so to me that makes it a "trilogy" in spirit, if not in name.

-GK

Edited on 11/16/2009 at 1:24:39 PM PST

[Post New]by mypants on Nov 22, 09 2:04 PM
I thought the ending sucked. She collected a whole cache of items that didn't get used.
There should have been a better finale scene to use the inventory.
The creator obviously had a good (sick) imagination but was limited to visuals as the abductors lamo vocabulary was very limited and there was no answers to any questions raised during the game.
Although this was only a HOG I felt cheated at the end of the process.

[Post New]by qkitch on Nov 30, 09 8:01 AM
I've only read a few of the responses, but as I recall, wasn't it a half a game? That's what offended me. I played it half as long as many of the other HOG we have, and this game didn't end. We paid full price, I don't want a half a game! Fooey on Trapped...I'd rather re-play Drawn!

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Dec 1, 09 1:00 AM
This is one of those games that you play the demo, get sucked in and then wish you hadn't purchased. I think it's ok, but not the best HOG...

pjcoop
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by pjcoop on Dec 3, 09 7:05 PM
I have not been able to get out of the trunk...the lid opens, and nothing. I know I am supposed to get a list of objects to find etc., but after the lid lifts all I have is the lighter and can't move forward. I have deleted and reloaded this game at least 5 times with the same result. What am I doing wrong!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated, cause it does look like an interesting game...thanks

[Post New]by jenstarks on Dec 5, 09 12:18 PM
I too can not get out of trunk. I can't "get rid" of the lighter and could someone please help with this problem. It seems that I am not the only one that has had this problem. Thanks

[Post New]by gillianstar on Dec 11, 09 9:02 PM
Sorry...game was on the scale of 1 to 10, probably a 9 as far as holding interest....but was anyone else disappointed with the ending??

lidybel
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by lidybel on Dec 13, 09 9:17 AM
Not a bad game to me, but not a buy.

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Apr 2, 10 12:46 PM
just finished this game absolutely fab. i loved it from start to finish. well done big fish.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Apr 2, 10 1:33 PM
Nah, I'm not disappointed in the ending - just sets it up for a sequel!

I enjoyed the game, too, and it was one of the first games I got. I will definitely play it again sometime

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Jun 4, 10 11:14 PM
Dark and mysterious! Love, love, love. Finally a game for adults. I want to know what happens next. I like a game for us grown ups once in a while. My only complant is that some of the objects come up again and again to find. Other then that, I am very happy.

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Sep 19, 10 7:51 PM
The most mundane, stupiid, irritating, click/click game BF has ever made. Do not buy this game. You will be wasting your money. Awful.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Sep 19, 10 7:55 PM
I appreciate your input, but I bought the game long ago, and really enjoyed it.

Some will like it, others (like yourself) won't. That's the beauty of having a demo to try!

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Oct 20, 10 7:59 PM
I don't really know what is the purpose of this game, I mean, someone is abducted, because of unclear reason. The whole game is spent going around the kidnapper's house, playing HOG and find clues, which is OK, but I don't really find this interesting.

The characters are both (sorry) annoying.. and what's with many typos?? Didn't they edit or check it before releasing this game??

Go to: