Shanghai - Level Help

Patchulie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help

[Post New]by Patchulie on Jul 23, 16 10:52 PM
Level 70 - I am short 118,000 pink gems to continue. If I ship them, it will take me weeks. If I buy them, it will take well over 300 coins. How is everyone else getting past this point?

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 24, 16 5:17 AM
Patchulie wrote:Level 70 - I am short 118,000 pink gems to continue. If I ship them, it will take me weeks. If I buy them, it will take well over 300 coins. How is everyone else getting past this point?

Unfortunately this is a known problem that has not been solved: There are not enough pinks locally to build at level 70! It has been discussed on page 2 of this thread. I chose to buy them outright but I was missing far less (perhaps I had won some at the chests or something). So as you say you will have to buy or ship or both. Perhaps you want to consider building or upgrading some ports where you have idle pinks? But if you don't normally ship I would say do not invest in ports- just buy them outright. 300 is not such a big amount. Although you definitely shouldn't have to pay it!

Patchulie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Patchulie on Jul 24, 16 8:14 PM
eli173 wrote:
Patchulie wrote:Level 70 - I am short 118,000 pink gems to continue. If I ship them, it will take me weeks. If I buy them, it will take well over 300 coins. How is everyone else getting past this point?

Unfortunately this is a known problem that has not been solved: There are not enough pinks locally to build at level 70! It has been discussed on page 2 of this thread. I chose to buy them outright but I was missing far less (perhaps I had won some at the chests or something). So as you say you will have to buy or ship or both. Perhaps you want to consider building or upgrading some ports where you have idle pinks? But if you don't normally ship I would say do not invest in ports- just buy them outright. 300 is not such a big amount. Although you definitely shouldn't have to pay it!

Thanks, Eli173. I did write to the customer service and got the same response. Unfortunately, my ports are running at a minimum, so it will either take upgrading them (which is too expensive), or shipping a few each day, while playing other levels or other cities.

I am really glad now that I didn't finish all levels on each of the former cities.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jul 25, 16 4:43 AM
Patchulie wrote:Thanks, Eli173. I did write to the customer service and got the same response. Unfortunately, my ports are running at a minimum, so it will either take upgrading them (which is too expensive), or shipping a few each day, while playing other levels or other cities.

I am really glad now that I didn't finish all levels on each of the former cities.

Ha- I only have one port, in Sydney, where I also have my only resource marts- I consider collecting resources and shipping just too tedious. I always buy resources locally via HH cards or 10-item missions and sometimes I drill for green gems...Am now in Havana and penniless, but that's what game coins are for- spending!

As for replaying, I suggest starting with side streets only and leave main street levels for Daily Events, where you can get some extra boosts and coins.

Edited on 07/25/2016 at 5:44:39 AM PST

Patchulie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Patchulie on Jul 25, 16 12:57 PM
eli173 wrote:
Patchulie wrote:Thanks, Eli173. I did write to the customer service and got the same response. Unfortunately, my ports are running at a minimum, so it will either take upgrading them (which is too expensive), or shipping a few each day, while playing other levels or other cities.

Ha- I only have one port, in Sydney, where I also have my only resource marts- I consider collecting resources and shipping just too tedious. I always buy resources locally via HH cards or 10-item missions and sometimes I drill for green gems...Am now in Havana and penniless, but that's what game coins are for- spending!

As for replaying, I suggest starting with side streets only and leave main street levels for Daily Events, where you can get some extra boosts and coins.

I did have a lot of resources and resource marts in other cities so decided to upgrade my ships to hold more - it was surprisingly cheap to upgrade them. I shipped 3 times and just waiting for my third shipment, which should bring me closer to my target that I might just buy the rest or make one more trip. It has not been so bad, after all.

Nannydsc
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Nannydsc on Jul 25, 16 3:39 PM
I'm stuck in Shanghai level 35, any help?

Hey Mods, isn't it unfair that some levels can only be done with boosts? Dev's should consider that, at least the 1st tear of each level should be "doable" without having to use boosts... my opinion, of course

Thanks

Nanny

7ruhnr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 120

[Post New]by 7ruhnr on Jul 30, 16 7:27 AM
So is this even possible without a lot of boosts? No greens to clear sides. Please help. Ok so I figured it out. Yes it is possible. Thanks anyway

Edited on 07/30/2016 at 2:30:05 PM PST

Re:Shanghai - Level Help - Level 44

[Post New]by JakeyBakey1 on Aug 17, 16 6:44 AM
Mangoban, I understand there's been some trouble getting through Level 44. While I wasn't seeing a shortage of the yellow gummies, it took me a few tries to get through this level. I found it best to focus at first on clearing as much of the litter as I could. This helped to start to drop the souvenirs, as well as fill up the color blockers to free the 2 at the top. I had a lot of luck with the vertical line crushes, which let me drop the souvenirs quickly towards the bottom while getting rid of the litter. Once the litter and souvenirs entered the box at the bottom, I spent the rest of the level focusing maneuvering gummies around the box so that I could create matches and get work on clearing out the gummies inside.

I can not get through this level - or even close. How do you get rid of the papers/litter? Then there is the secondary issue of getting enough yellows.

Or do I have to just get about 1000 coins built up to buy boosts (which should NOT be the case). I am not buying coins or boosts.

ETA, finally got it, with some extra turns.

PLEASE HELP! So far this city has been just awful.

Edited on 08/18/2016 at 9:51:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Tillysmum_1 on Oct 5, 16 5:42 AM
bfgPanthalassa wrote:Hi Tillysmum_1,

I'm sorry to hear there's been some trouble passing Level 44. This level definitely is a tricky one, and took me a couple tries to complete. For this level, I first focused on removing the litter from the board. This helped to clear up more space to use, while also dropping some of the souvenirs and helping to fill up the color blockers so that the 2 at the top could be freed. Vertical line crushes were especially helpful at dropping the souvenirs while getting rid of that litter.

Once the souvenirs were in the box at the bottom, I worked on trying to maneuver gummies around the outside of the box to create matches that would also get rid of gummies on the inside. Using bomb boosts in the box was a particularly effective way to get the souvenirs to the bottom of the board.

If there are still any issues passing this level, please feel free to get in touch with our <a href="https://bigfishgames.com/help?rn=ask">Customer Support Team</a> with the email address connected to your account. Our Reps are always willing to help, and can provide further tips and advice for levels in the game.

I hope this has been able to help. Happy gaming!

bfgPanthalassa

Thank you for your help.

I finally managed to finish this level and am now stuck on Seoul level 70, the one that comes after Intern. (Sorry but I can never remember what that one's called).

I'm losing the will to live over these continual difficult levels

Pdominian
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Pdominian on Oct 10, 16 4:27 AM
JakeyBakey1 wrote:Mangoban, I understand there's been some trouble getting through Level 44. While I wasn't seeing a shortage of the yellow gummies, it took me a few tries to get through this level. I found it best to focus at first on clearing as much of the litter as I could. This helped to start to drop the souvenirs, as well as fill up the color blockers to free the 2 at the top. I had a lot of luck with the vertical line crushes, which let me drop the souvenirs quickly towards the bottom while getting rid of the litter. Once the litter and souvenirs entered the box at the bottom, I spent the rest of the level focusing maneuvering gummies around the box so that I could create matches and get work on clearing out the gummies inside.

I can not get through this level - or even close. How do you get rid of the papers/litter? Then there is the secondary issue of getting enough yellows.

Or do I have to just get about 1000 coins built up to buy boosts (which should NOT be the case). I am not buying coins or boosts.

Shanghai is definitely one of the notorious city ever in Gummy Drop. First, you have the pink gems glitch when building the Happy Valley Shanghai. Then, there are other levels which claim every single of your lives for quest-items (Remember MB 32?)

So far, I am in level 101. I'm not sure about this but, if you collect the item on a level before proceeding to the next one, you will progress faster than completing all 10 levels before replaying some. And for the Happy Valley glitch, I ship pink gems instead. If you have upgraded some ports beforehand, you can save time as well.

In short, Shanghai can be considered a reincarnation after the infamous NOLA. Don't forget that after Shanghai are LA and Seoul which presumably difficult than this. I'm not sure how I will survive the next 2 cities...

Tmb56
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by Tmb56 on Oct 18, 16 3:13 PM
Hi
Could someone help with level 31? I've been stuck on this for a while. I can't figure out what the strategy is.
Thanks

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Oct 25, 16 5:06 AM
Thanks to all who have posted. I have just reached Shanghai and I always read the level help before starting to know what levels will be difficult and where I can find help. It looks like this city is going to be a tough one much like the dreaded NOLA. I 'm a shipper so I'm already starting to ship pink gems so thanks for the information on that problem on level 70's as I will have that solved by the time I reach there.

[Post New]by moiramount52 on Nov 3, 16 3:07 PM
Pdominian wrote:
JakeyBakey1 wrote:Mangoban, I understand there's been some trouble getting through Level 44. While I wasn't seeing a shortage of the yellow gummies, it took me a few tries to get through this level. I found it best to focus at first on clearing as much of the litter as I could. This helped to start to drop the souvenirs, as well as fill up the color blockers to free the 2 at the top. I had a lot of luck with the vertical line crushes, which let me drop the souvenirs quickly towards the bottom while getting rid of the litter. Once the litter and souvenirs entered the box at the bottom, I spent the rest of the level focusing maneuvering gummies around the box so that I could create matches and get work on clearing out the gummies inside.

Shanghai is definitely one of the notorious city ever in Gummy Drop. First, you have the pink gems glitch when building the Happy Valley Shanghai. Then, there are other levels which claim every single of your lives for quest-items (Remember MB 32?)

So far, I am in level 101. I'm not sure about this but, if you collect the item on a level before proceeding to the next one, you will progress faster than completing all 10 levels before replaying some. And for the Happy Valley glitch, I ship pink gems instead. If you have upgraded some ports beforehand, you can save time as well.

In short, Shanghai can be considered a reincarnation after the infamous NOLA. Don't forget that after Shanghai are LA and Seoul which presumably difficult than this. I'm not sure how I will survive the next 2 cities...

[Post New]by moiramount52 on Nov 3, 16 3:11 PM
I agree Shanghai is really hard, I am currently trying to get over 2million pink gems to finish the city, this is between level 111- 120. I just cannot do it so I am replaying easy levels in other cities to collect coins. I then decided to use my travel vouchers to go to LA. I have used 9 lives on level 1 and still not done it, you have something to look forward to in LA, I think it's going to be even harder.

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Re:Shanghai - Level Help 39

[Post New]by rrrrob on Nov 7, 16 5:31 AM
I'm Stuck on Level 39 wasted 10 lives so far. Any hints as it appears that the board is very low on greens and pinks? I can get rid of the yellow and red chained bombs easy enough and I never start a board that doesn't have a match to a chained gummy of one of the four bomb colours but the green and pink bombs go off even when I still have about 30 moves left. Do you have to used shovels on the green and pink chained bombs to get through? Very unfair if you do.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Nov 7, 16 6:40 AM
rrrrob wrote:I'm Stuck on Level 39 wasted 10 lives so far.

Which difficulty level, Intern, Architect or Master Builder?

I only ever play enough to be able to move to the next city. That way I always have plenty of locations to go back to when I need to top up on coins.

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by rrrrob on Nov 7, 16 6:45 AM
Hi Keitht53 It's only the intern level, and I'm like you in that I mainly only play enough to move on except for following pdomain's list to get the extra coins from the easy levels.

Went back after post and as is so often the case got it on the next try.

Edited on 11/07/2016 at 5:10:22 PM PST

[Post New]by ginski32613 on Nov 9, 16 3:44 PM
How do you get the bricks to come down to collect on level 21?

[Post New]by Jlew333 on Nov 22, 16 4:40 PM
I need help passing level 29. How are you guys passing it with only 15 moves?

rrrrob
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

Shanghai

[Post New]by rrrrob on Dec 3, 16 11:59 AM
Well I'm finally done with Shanghai. This was a difficult city no doubt, almost as bad as NOLA. Took a look ahead at LA on the level help and it looks equally difficult and someone posted that Seoul is just plain cruel so thank goodness its the Christmas season and I will have other things to keep me amused or I might go bonkers. lol

Go to: