Seoul - Level Help

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Seoul - 64 3rd level

[Post New]by Weatherup on Oct 29, 17 12:41 PM
I have 9/10 samurai swords or whatever they are. I've spent hundreds of coins on boosts and nothing. How is this one done? I'm not shipping 2,000,000 blue hats. ALSO... does it get easier after this city? I mean at least reasonable? If not I'm done with Gummy Drop. Its just not fun to play for a few minutes and lose every time.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level Help

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Oct 29, 17 4:23 PM
Weatherup, do you do the reloading of the level till you get the best layout? Or do you just play it as it loads each time? If so, you will use your lives far quicker than reloading till you get a great layout, that gives you far more chance of getting the level completed. And the best way to get that one out, is to get a lightning bolt to start with, and if you can get it next to a piece of litter/paper, hit that with the bolt and remove all the papers, then you need another bolt to combine with a line crush or bomb to release all the souvenirs if they aren't already released. It is possible. You should not have to spend a heap of coins on it though. Try starting it by using a bolt and a combo which you choose before you open the level up, that should get a long way towards doing it, even though it will be using two boosts. Take time to make the best matches and get more bolts etc and you will get it out. If it got right to the last move and all you needed was one shovel, or wind of change, then use that to do it and its over and done with and you can get the millions of blues and move on. Good luck.

And ckaywin5, Tokyo 100 is a risk, but a far simpler level to get all three (bricks, blues and pinks) is Rome 87. You get around 40,000 of each, every time, and it doesn't take long to build up to buy a heap of green gems (not diamonds). Keep using Rome 87 for this purpose from here until you eventually get to Istanbul. Once you have got there and passed 105-1, thats the only one you will need from there on as it gets double of all 3 that Rome 87 does and its easy.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Oct 31, 17 8:45 AM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:Weatherup, do you do the reloading of the level till you get the best layout? Or do you just play it as it loads each time? If so, you will use your lives far quicker than reloading till you get a great layout, that gives you far more chance of getting the level completed. And the best way to get that one out, is to get a lightning bolt to start with, and if you can get it next to a piece of litter/paper, hit that with the bolt and remove all the papers, then you need another bolt to combine with a line crush or bomb to release all the souvenirs if they aren't already released. It is possible. You should not have to spend a heap of coins on it though. Try starting it by using a bolt and a combo which you choose before you open the level up, that should get a long way towards doing it, even though it will be using two boosts. Take time to make the best matches and get more bolts etc and you will get it out. If it got right to the last move and all you needed was one shovel, or wind of change, then use that to do it and its over and done with and you can get the millions of blues and move on. Good luck.

And ckaywin5, Tokyo 100 is a risk, but a far simpler level to get all three (bricks, blues and pinks) is Rome 87. You get around 40,000 of each, every time, and it doesn't take long to build up to buy a heap of green gems (not diamonds). Keep using Rome 87 for this purpose from here until you eventually get to Istanbul. Once you have got there and passed 105-1, thats the only one you will need from there on as it gets double of all 3 that Rome 87 does and its easy.

Thanks Jules! I finally won it, yay! I did try for the best layouts which helps but as with most of these levels it's in the luck of how the pieces fall more than anything. I was able to zap a sticky with a Z and got two more Zs almost immediately. I ended up winning with about 15 moves left over. Now I'm on 80 (70s were not too bad). I'm going to need a boost here I think.

Thanks again JULES!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 4, 17 8:17 PM
Not sure what's up, things have been a little glitchy today since the new update!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 4, 17 8:56 PM
Weatherup, I would only start to play level 87 when you get a layout that makes a 'Z' on move one (thats easier than saying a lightning bolt!) and then uf you can, get a bomb or line crush next to it, but use it to decimate the board. If you take out even one colour, it will make the board crumble a lot quicker, the faster that happens, the sooner you can get it clear and the score up. But its not too bad. I somehow did it 3 times.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 6, 17 1:17 PM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:Weatherup, I would only start to play level 87 when you get a layout that makes a 'Z' on move one (thats easier than saying a lightning bolt!) and then uf you can, get a bomb or line crush next to it, but use it to decimate the board. If you take out even one colour, it will make the board crumble a lot quicker, the faster that happens, the sooner you can get it clear and the score up. But its not too bad. I somehow did it 3 times.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 6, 17 8:23 PM
Weatherup, did you mean to ask a further question or make a post in the post above, as all it seems to have done is repost what I wrote with nothing added. Maybe you meant to add something?

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 8, 17 9:39 AM
OOo_jules_oOO wrote:Weatherup, did you mean to ask a further question or make a post in the post above, as all it seems to have done is repost what I wrote with nothing added. Maybe you meant to add something?

Thanks jules, I must have been doing something wrong. Seems to be OK now.

I'm up to local 96-3.

All I can say about Seoul is nothing I can say here! I've finished 100 so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Seoul - local 96-3

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 8, 17 11:14 AM
I'm able to clear the board of tiles but am consistently 10,000 + points short of the 100,000 needed.

Which is the preferred boost for this annoying little level?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Nov 8, 17 3:14 PM
Hello Weatherup,

I'm swimming by to offer some advice about Seoul, Level 96-3.

The level is timed, which definitely made it challenging. I focused on making moves as quickly as I could. Whenever possible, I formed Line Crushers. The Line Crushers would remove entire rows from the board when matched; more often than not, they cleared a gummy that would add seconds to the clock. This gave me more time to achieve the 100,000 point score objective.

A really cool thing happened the more I focused on making Line Crushers -- Lightning Bolts also became easier to create. The Lightning Bolts were integral to me beating this level. I also had to remember to make vertical matches through the Unbreakable Walls; it was easy for me to forget to look for those kinds of matches.

I hope this information was helpful. I wish you the best of luck and am always available to talk more via a PM; so are my fellow moderators.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/19/2018 at 4:33:59 PM PST

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Nov 8, 17 5:27 PM
I just had a look at 96-3, I do remember that one, took me a fair few goes at it to just get it once, it was a PAIN in the rear end that one. I think its just luck more than anything, as the post above says, keep concentrating on making the big matches to get line crushes, bombs and lightning bolts, keep using them and blasting the guts out of the gummies, you will get it, but it takes patience and good luck.

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level 111

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 17, 17 4:50 AM
I do appreciate all the help from you guys.
Im finally on the last 10 levels at Seoul. I've played 111 six times now and can't see how to get 150,000 points. There are too many walls or blockers. Even with Zs I've only reached 100,000 one time. It's usually 50, 60 thousand though. Any suggestions, which boosts? etc. Thanks in advance!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Seoul - Level 111

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 19, 17 6:14 AM
Weatherup wrote:I do appreciate all the help from you guys.
Im finally on the last 10 levels at Seoul. I've played 111 six times now and can't see how to get 150,000 points. There are too many walls or blockers. Even with Zs I've only reached 100,000 one time. It's usually 50, 60 thousand though. Any suggestions, which boosts? etc. Thanks in advance!

Ok, I got this one finally. Just have to keep at it until the gummies fall the right way! Patience and many lives is how to do it.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 19, 17 8:44 PM
Howdy weatherup, I finally had to pull one of your routines and scream bloody murder about a level in Shanghai! And if you've noticed, you're a starfish now when you get to 100 you'll be a real fish so keep fighting! Havana is where we come out of the "Valley of Death"!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 20, 17 7:51 AM
GamingGrampa wrote:Howdy weatherup, I finally had to pull one of your routines and scream bloody murder about a level in Shanghai! And if you've noticed, you're a starfish now when you get to 100 you'll be a real fish so keep fighting! Havana is where we come out of the "Valley of Death"!

Hey Gramps! You gotta love how the "1st responders" put up with our "requests for assistance." I have finally killed all 120 levels in Seoul + the upper helping hand. I have two levels left on the pink-gem HH. I have been playing levels in Tokyo and San Francisco, accumulating coins. I have 800 so far, to go "in for the kill" with Z and bombs!

Weatherup
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Weatherup on Nov 20, 17 6:13 PM
Weatherup wrote:
GamingGrampa wrote:Howdy weatherup, I finally had to pull one of your routines and scream bloody murder about a level in Shanghai! And if you've noticed, you're a starfish now when you get to 100 you'll be a real fish so keep fighting! Havana is where we come out of the "Valley of Death"!

Hey Gramps! You gotta love how the "1st responders" put up with our "requests for assistance." I have finally killed all 120 levels in Seoul + the upper helping hand. I have two levels left on the pink-gem HH. I have been playing levels in Tokyo and San Francisco, accumulating coins. I have 800 so far, to go "in for the kill" with Z and bombs!

I'm officially done with Seoul!! There were some rediculous levels. But if I can get through it anyone can. Just remember that green gems go with you as your coins do! Off to Havana!!!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Nov 21, 17 8:50 AM
Congratulations buddy, from my research it seems the first half of Havana is still on the tough side, after you cross the midway point it will be like Rome and Berlin, some toughies but not as bad as the VoD! Let me know what you think of it, you can PM me if you prefer, once again congratulations!

rellen
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by rellen on Jan 5, 18 7:22 PM
i also am after some help with 64-1 anything from anybody would be appreciated

Edited on 01/05/2018 at 7:23:11 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 3:22 PM
Hello rellen,

It sounds like some help is needed beating Seoul, Level 64-1. The way Unbreakable Walls divided the board into nine small sections made this level particularly challenging, so I definitely understand reaching out for advice. I'm happy to provide it!

To beat Seoul, Level 64-1 I focused on detonating the red and the green Color Blockers. Although multi-gummy boosts like Line Crushers can't pass through Unbreakable Walls, matches can still be made with gummies on opposite sides of a wall. Keeping that in mind, I focused on detonating the red Color Blocker in the center section of the board first. This allowed me to make matches between gummies in the center section of the board and gummies in the four sections with which it shared Unbreakable Walls.

Once I was able to open the center section of the board up, I focused on making matches with more red and green gummies to detonate the remaining Color Blockers. Whenever possible, I formed Lightning Bolts to clear as many gummies from the board as possible. After detonating all of the Color Blockers, making matches with blue gummies also became a priority, because the level also required me to collect 13,000 blue hats.

I hope this advice helps you beat this level. Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if more questions arise. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/11/2018 at 4:02:36 PM PST

Re:Seoul - Level Help, building at 110

[Post New]by Lovelyday44 on Jan 9, 18 2:55 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:What a nightmare!! To build the monument at 110 you need 1,750,000 bricks, 3,200,000 hats and 2,650,000 pinks plus 25 greens!! The 2 HH at 103 and 107 are protected by ferociously difficult timed levels. I got to 107 haven't actually got the card but it gives me 3 million blues if I pay 1.5 million bricks. I can't get the timed level for 103 so have no idea what it might be worth. I have a spare card but would have to pay $400 to get 2 million blues and 50 greens and I don't need the greens. I am going to have to go and fulfill all the missions and the developers really went to town on difficulties in this city and my patience is wearing thin and I refuse to spend real money...

Oh my I agree
So frustrated trying to build after level 110 to get the bricks needed u need to complete too many levels at the top level
Way too difficult!!!

Go to: