Re:Murder, She Wrote comments and reviews

[Post New]by GamePrincess on Nov 15, 09 5:01 PM
I am also enjoying this game. It is relaxing and the objects are not so small that you go blind trying to find them.

I particularly find the expressions that Jessica has to be humorous. They crack me up

sherheff
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by sherheff on Nov 15, 09 6:54 PM
I am really enjoying this game. I especially get a kick out of the "find the vowels" and the hidden typewriter. Brings back a lot of memories, both of the show, and of typewriters. Thanks, BigFish!

[Post New]by buttermilk2 on Nov 15, 09 7:05 PM
This is an awesome game - best in a long time - Good going Big Fish - I hope you do a sequel......................

[Post New]by VegasAnnie on Nov 15, 09 7:12 PM
Anybody have this game stick horribly, and also not showing me certain things on the mini games, like in book #1, the buoys to be traded. Kind of hard to trade them according to the clues when you can't even see the buoys. I am sure I will love it, and used a credit to buy it, but not working good at all. I've bought so many, and never had this much of a problem. PLEASE HELP! WANT TO PLAY!

[Post New]by meganryan on Nov 15, 09 8:49 PM
has anyone had the game freeze up on them? i have same spot 3 times. won't let me drain the sink.

[Post New]by PrincessCoalby on Nov 16, 09 3:43 PM
Judging by all the reviews I thought this game was going to be a sure buy for me, but I guess I'm one of the odd ones out here. I have no problems with it (and did enjoy the show all those moons ago when my mom always watched, so I had to, too) but the game just didn't do anything for me. I'm not a huge HOG fan--they gotta be real intriguing to hook me--like Puppetville and such. So...this was a no brainer, no buy for me, but I'm sure many would enjoy it. Love ole Jessica!

crabbycat
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by crabbycat on Nov 16, 09 5:41 PM
First time to post...I love this game. Had a liitle trouble with the license plates..Found the right one..but it wouldn't let me advance. Said the heck with it and restarted as a new player....After I purchased the game, of course. Way to go BFG. I enjoy reading the posts and usually agree with most of the HOG ones. Except for Drawn, which I purchased and think it is a stinker. Thanks for the newest Big City game. Love it.

MIRNI
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by MIRNI on Nov 16, 09 6:27 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE COMMENTS OF POODLEBEAR.

MIRNI.

MissB59
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by MissB59 on Nov 16, 09 6:57 PM
I really like this game . played the hour demo and didn't get all the way thru the 1st book .. I think the part I liked most is that even tho you revisited places, they moved the items around. Not as boring as having the items in the same spot every time you revisit the scene. Makes for longer game play I think.

Izziewizz
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Izziewizz on Nov 17, 09 4:43 AM
I've been playing this game on and off for about three days now, it's great value as a HOG. Not as much interaction as I'd usually like, but the fact that the objects do move around when you return to a scene is good compensation for that.

There are some pretty challenging parts - oh, I searched for ages to find where to hang those red lanterns.

There's a character in one of the books - the lass who keeps the coffee shop - who looks just like Zach Braff (from Scrubs) in glasses and a wig.

I'm amused by the expressions on the faces too. That sherriff is hilarious, and Jessica's "tense, lip biting" expression makes her look as if she's trying not to laugh.

I was a little put off by the title, as here in the UK, they rerun MSW every afternoon on one of the TV channels, but I thought I'd give this a go and I'm glad I did.

[Post New]by ckmonster2001 on Nov 17, 09 8:43 AM
If you haven't gotten this game then what are you waiting for? I would recommend this game to anyone whom like HOG.

[Post New]by Annabellie126 on Nov 17, 09 9:29 AM
Love this game!! Just the first mystery alone was as long as most of the games I have downloaded today!!

Kebbielebbie
Guppy
Guppy
178 Posts

[Post New]by Kebbielebbie on Nov 17, 09 9:55 PM
Sadly, I am old enough to remember charming Angela on Murder, She Wrote. But I love that they made it the theme of the game. The animation is a little two-dimentional but cute. The length is exciting. I didn't finish the first mystery, so there is going to be lots of play time. The Hidden Objects parts are actually challenging. Purchasing

[Post New]by amandatorres on Nov 17, 09 11:44 PM
I am still playing this game currently, but I wanted to make sure to put my two cents in. I am on the very last chapter, and I've got to say, this is one of my favorite Hidden Object Games I've DL from Big Fish. It does have its share of technical problems, so keep that in mind. When I first DL the game, it got stuck on one level, I had to contact Customer Support, and we fixed the problem. I did have to start the whole chapter over though, which was a pain in the ****. But the rest of the game worked fine, besides the movies in between the chapters. Those either had no sound, or the sound skipped and was distorted. So if you can deal with a few minor technical problems, then I would recommend this game. It has really good game play, it's taken me the whole weekend to play, and I am not new to HOG. And the plots are also really interesting. I really like everything about this game except for the technical problems!

cche
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
401 Posts

[Post New]by cche on Nov 18, 09 1:51 AM
Finished 4 of 5 mysteries so far. After the first, which according to the game took 50 minutes or so as i was learning the ropes, each one has taken about a half hour for me. I am amused to note objects moving around between visits, and also reappearing in different houses around Cabot Cove... The voice acting interludes are often broken into pieces which you can click to advance if you finish reading/listening before the timer triggers the advance. Unfortunately sometimes I would click just as the timer went off, and skip a segment unintentionally. Probably better to leave the timer out, and let folks advance at their own pace, or provide a back button. I very much appreciate that there were relatively few irrelevant items to find, and no terrible anachronisms. I notice that the number of items in the "find all the xxx" screens has been increasing. In the early ones there are 3 to 6, and the latest had 30. That gets a bit tedious, but in no case has it been difficult to locate them all. I see these type of screens as a sign that the authors are getting tired. Minigames are quite easy, but reasonably well done. Excellent fit between game, stories, music and theme. I would suspect the authors worked fairly closely with the owners of the franchise.

I am getting good value for the game, though it is not among my favorites. 7 out of 10 on my scale.

[Post New]by thevex on Nov 19, 09 6:22 AM
Really great game. More like this, with new mini-games, and offcourse I would love if the games where even bigger

xsupvr14
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by xsupvr14 on Nov 19, 09 10:20 AM
I am a HOG fan and absolutely loved this one. It was so different from most HOG that you find. Also, I have friends from Maine and the accents on the characters really jazzed it up. I feel it had just the right amount of challenge for me, not too hard and not too easy. The one thing I might have changed is having to find the typewriter keys every time. Maybe just once a level might have been better. Thanks for coming up with this new venue. Am looking forward to more "Murder She Wrote" adventures.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 19, 09 11:08 AM
If you're playing on Relaxed mode, you don't have to find the typewriter keys at all.

saga21
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by saga21 on Nov 19, 09 1:21 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:Well, I guess I'm in the minority here: I liked it, I didn't love it. It just seemed to easy.

I agree! I finnished the first book in 36 minutes. Definitely will not buy this one. Way too easy.

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Kayster on Nov 19, 09 4:28 PM
For all of you waiting with baited breath

I finished all 5 books - at least an hour each. Probably 7 hours total (note the time shown on the end of chapter summaries only includes the HOG times).

The stories are very different - all different characters (except Jessica and the sheriff) and different locations.

Excellent deal!

ETA: He he he - MrRuss on bated v. baited. Not a phrase I use too often.

Edited on 12/20/2009 at 11:09:15 AM PST

Go to: