kerchers
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

Re:Chapter 6 help and discussion

[Post New]by kerchers on Feb 10, 10 2:21 AM
lilnerd wrote:im also stuck on the bunny head, i cant hit it, no matter what technique i use

Oh wait nevermind i figured it out =)

Does it matter if you don't knock the bunnys head off.I muct have used the hammer earlier.stuck on the last game,where doe's the murcury go

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 10, 10 6:43 AM
kerchers wrote:
lilnerd wrote:im also stuck on the bunny head, i cant hit it, no matter what technique i use

Oh wait nevermind i figured it out =)

Does it matter if you don't knock the bunnys head off.I muct have used the hammer earlier.stuck on the last game,where doe's the murcury go

If you are not playing the Collectors Edition, you cannot knock the bunny's head off. Even if you are playing the CE, you don't have to knock the head off in order to complete the game. It is part of the extras. The mercury is for the 5th riddle. Once you have completed the first 4 alters, look for an arrow to the right.

Edited on 02/10/2010 at 6:44:42 AM PST

[Post New]by anne21528 on Feb 17, 10 3:39 PM
what barrell and where is this barrell?i am do lost!!!

Re:chips

[Post New]by MsAngela on Feb 18, 10 1:43 PM
tdmn48 wrote:I was left with a bag a chips anyone knows who gets these. I;m guesses its to get to that second fish which I can't find AHHH. Help

I cannot get the bag of chips in the hunting lodge. I cannot get the hidden object scene to obtain them.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:chips

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 18, 10 5:12 PM
MsAngela wrote:
tdmn48 wrote:I was left with a bag a chips anyone knows who gets these. I;m guesses its to get to that second fish which I can't find AHHH. Help

I cannot get the bag of chips in the hunting lodge. I cannot get the hidden object scene to obtain them.

You are probably playing the regular version($6.99) instead of the Collector's edition(19.99). The chips are part of the extras in the Collectors Edition. The regular version has its own walkthrough which does not include the extras. It would be less confusing for you if you used that walkthrough. Go to the top of this page and click on all forums and search for the forum for the regular version. You will find a walkthrough there.

Edited on 02/18/2010 at 5:15:36 PM PST

[Post New]by dotken53 on Mar 2, 10 9:39 AM
Val72034 wrote:It says to use the wrench on the lawnmower to remove the sparkplug. I can't find the wrench on the lawnmower. Help

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 2, 10 10:46 AM
dotken53 wrote:
Val72034 wrote:It says to use the wrench on the lawnmower to remove the sparkplug. I can't find the wrench on the lawnmower. Help

The wrench will be found in a bureau drawer in the farmhouse after you get across the gap in the floor.

[Post New]by SleepingBeauty2 on Mar 3, 10 8:27 AM
anyone have a link to the non CE walkthrough? I can't seem to find it

Thanks

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 3, 10 9:09 AM
SleepingBeauty2 wrote:anyone have a link to the non CE walkthrough? I can't seem to find it

Thanks

This is the link to the forum for the regular version. You will find a link to the non CE walkthrough there.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/6807/mystery-case-files-dire-grove/index.html

[Post New]by rjtemple50 on Mar 9, 10 7:29 PM
Aloha, I have gotten to the parts where I don't have objects in my inventory to use in certain areas. I am missing a hammer to crack open the bunny's head by birdbath and a package of potato chips to used by the wolf. I have gone back to Hunters Lodge for the chips but there is no hidden object scene in fireplace and I don't know where to get the hammer. Could someone help me please.
Mahalo, Judy

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Mar 10, 10 5:26 AM
rjtemple50 wrote:Aloha, I have gotten to the parts where I don't have objects in my inventory to use in certain areas. I am missing a hammer to crack open the bunny's head by birdbath and a package of potato chips to used by the wolf. I have gone back to Hunters Lodge for the chips but there is no hidden object scene in fireplace and I don't know where to get the hammer. Could someone help me please.
Mahalo, Judy

Please see the answer to this question in the posts above yours.

[Post New]by jhemion on Mar 17, 10 5:41 AM
I really don't know what chapter I'm in. So I will just post my cry for help here.

I've been to the farmhouse but I can't get to the ruins. I got the power on and got the phone and got into the suitcase. I have all four jewels. wire cutters, the ash urn, snowshoes (of coarse), the feather, the tape reel, the sunflower seeds and the sea salt, I applied the glue to the hose of the gas on the basement (name escapes me at the moment) and I need a patch. I am stuck here. I find no HOG's and I can find nothing else to grab. I can't get the hose and I tried cutting it with the wire cutters and that did not work.

What am I missing?

[Post New]by jhemion on Mar 17, 10 6:26 AM
Update, I was able to cut the hose and I got to the ruins. solved the relic puzzle and now the students are missing. I found the reel to reel player and played the tape reel.I'm down to the feather, ash urn sunflower seeds and sea salt. And I just filled the glass vial I found in the tent by the ruins with the mercury. I need a ladder and the one I left in the farm house is missing.

[Post New]by jhemion on Mar 17, 10 6:52 AM
New Update. Figured it out. It only took me seven hours and five minutes (I know, many of you ask why so long?).

[Post New]by kgirl55 on Apr 8, 10 3:33 AM
sylvia99 wrote:My problem is, that the game do not let me hit the bunny-head with the hammer. I tried it up and down and everywhere on this bunny but it doesn´t work and the comments are not friendly :-). Without that I cannot go further.

i had the same problem...beat on that bunny for nearly 2 hrs., beat on the head,,,everyone was saying 'hit with the side' of the hammer..well, i could only get it to hit one way,,NEVER did get the bunny which made me have to jump past a big part of the game. This one is not going to be a fav for me! Madam Fate still rules #1. And, those dopey vcr tapes just dragged so bad -couldn't even understand what they were saying! Am a big MCF fan...but not of this one!

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Apr 8, 10 8:04 AM
kgirl55 wrote:
sylvia99 wrote:My problem is, that the game do not let me hit the bunny-head with the hammer. I tried it up and down and everywhere on this bunny but it doesn´t work and the comments are not friendly :-). Without that I cannot go further.

i had the same problem...beat on that bunny for nearly 2 hrs., beat on the head,,,everyone was saying 'hit with the side' of the hammer..well, i could only get it to hit one way,,NEVER did get the bunny which made me have to jump past a big part of the game. This one is not going to be a fav for me! Madam Fate still rules #1. And, those dopey vcr tapes just dragged so bad -couldn't even understand what they were saying! Am a big MCF fan...but not of this one!

Are you perhaps playing the regular version rather than the Collector's Edition. If so you can beat on the bunny all day and nothing will happen as it is not part of the regular version.

[Post New]by countryartist on Apr 14, 10 10:46 AM
I'm having a big problem here! I've tried a gazillion times and can't knock the bunny's head off. I didn't get the 'search" puzzle where I got the potato chips. I can't find tape #9. I rushed and put in the spark plug and then did the rest of the stuff. Now I can't get the generator started which kind of leaves me stumped with no where to go. Can anyone help?

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Apr 14, 10 11:12 AM
Countryartist, are you sure you're playing the Collector's Edition? If you have the Standard Edition (the $6.99 one), you won't have the bunny head or potato chips.

If you got the chest opened in the nautical bedroom, you should have a copy of the generator instructions in your journal.

amanda16a
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by amanda16a on May 15, 10 3:23 PM
b00kworm wrote:@FrankMorgan: The combination for the lock is the last four digits of Allison's cell phone number. You'll find the cell phone in the farmhouse (the hole between the boards in the second room). Charge it with the charger from the lobby and solve the puzzle there to gain access to the phone, it will display the number and you can open the lock.

what did u use to light up phone and where do i find it/
i know where phone is but cant get light

ovgal
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

[Post New]by ovgal on May 16, 10 7:40 AM
What's up with the bunny head???? Is there a certain way you must place the hammer. I have tried everything.

Go to: