Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by cabuchholz on Jan 25, 16 12:27 PM
Ok i have also reached the plane and i can not get my daughter out of the plane. Do the programmers of these games play them (On PC, MAC, Tablet, ETC) to check for these kinds of issues. Clearly it is a program issue since many have the same problem.

Loof
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Loof on Jan 25, 16 3:04 PM
They had this same type of problem on their last "Right of Passage" game. I couldn't finish the bonus chapter and ended up getting a credit voucher. Mad Head needs to test these game before rushing them out. And it's annoying they keep recycling sound effects and graphics from their previous games. It's cheap and lazy. They promised a fix for this bug a week ago and we're still waiting!

[Post New]by droidrot on Jan 25, 16 8:26 PM
MonsterHound07 wrote:I finished the main game and was all the way through the bonus game, to the point of saving my daughter from the plane. I went to put the key in the airplane door, but the key disappeared. The hint says there is nothing to do in that scene. I can't finish the game without the key. This is very frustrating to be so close and have the game glitch at the very end.

Am having the same issue. Please fix.

Trouble Accessing Silhouette/Objects

[Post New]by Jackiethe1 on Jan 26, 16 4:30 PM
I'm at the end of the game and there is a multiple item game (DOS) and as I make my match selection(s), nothing happens. The game has seemed to be frozen. I mean right at the very end of the game. There is not walkthrough or blog to assist me. Can anyone help me with this one? Thank you!

[Post New]by SharBear078 on Jan 26, 16 5:18 PM
I too lost the key at the very end of this game and was not able to rescue the daughter from the airplane. Also, all my collectibles disappeared. I hope there is a fix soon, as I don't like leaving games unfinished. Thanks.

Edited on 01/26/2016 at 5:19:11 PM PST

[Post New]by luv2nurse45 on Jan 26, 16 9:28 PM
Ryvon wrote:I also am having trouble with the key. Had it to insert and it disappeared from the screen. Cannot move any further.

[Post New]by lizchase on Jan 27, 16 2:20 PM
The key disappeared at the end of the Bonus Game so can't finish. Any solution available?

[Post New]by niousandrea on Jan 28, 16 12:13 AM
i am trying to uninstall the game but cant get out of it due to a black screen!! Help please

[Post New]by mephistopholes on Jan 28, 16 1:51 AM
Yet another frustrated player stuck in the bonus chapter because of the disappearing key. I'm using a MacBook Pro Retina with Yosemite OS. I'm NOT replaying the whole game, or running Dr Felix. Please fix this.

hobbied1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by hobbied1 on Jan 28, 16 2:10 PM
i'm another windows 10 user with audio & black screen. brand new computer with updated drivers, so that's not the problem. seems like this is a known issue, occurring since release of game. when can we expect a fix? I've played all the games in this series & would like to continue but this is getting old!

GrammyZ
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by GrammyZ on Jan 29, 16 1:45 PM
I have the 90-minute trial of this game, but it will not open. I don't get a numbered error message. Instead it is a message with a triangle sign with exclamation point. It says I need an update to my graphic card. I run on Windows 7 and have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series which states I am current with my driver. I have closed the game manager, reopened it and signed in. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still get the error message. Has anyone else had this problem? I can any other game, except this one. Any help would be appreciated.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 29, 16 3:13 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop in to address the technical issues people have been coming across in the game. We appreciate everyone who's taken the time to post the problems they've seen here. Every game that's released on our site is thoroughly tested on a wide range of platforms. However, the variety of hardware and software specifications available means that some problems may come up. The Forum Moderation Team is passing along these posts about the problems, and the developer is aware of the issue.

I suggest taking a look at the steps in the following help article to troubleshoot these issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The help articles below also have information and steps that can help with Mac computers and computers running Windows 10, respectively:

Mac Game Troubleshooting
Windows 10

When technical problems emerge, we recommend contacting our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can provide further troubleshooting steps, and will be able to gather data on and report issues to the appropriate teams.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Jan 29, 16 3:59 PM
I have a question. The developer Mad Head stated they have already fixed the problems but are waiting for Big Fish Games. When do you expect to release the update?

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 29, 16 4:51 PM
Hi MarkAlan,

We definitely want to make sure everyone is able to play their updates once they're released. Each update to be released on our site is thoroughly tested before it's made available, just as the games themselves are. Once the update has been added to the site, the Forum Moderation Team will make sure to post in the forum to let users know.

On that note, I'm excited to announce that the update for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm Collector's Edition is now available! The following thread has specifics on this update, as well as steps to get it installed:

UPDATE! New version available for Rite of Passage: Heart of the Storm CE - January 29, 2016

If anyone continues to encounter an issue in the game after installing that update, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. Any one of our Reps will be happy to help.

Thank you for your patience.

bfgPanthalassa

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 30, 16 3:10 AM
I just downloaded (and subsequently bought) the game today (30th January in Australia, so presumably it's the new fix), and played through without any problems. UNTIL, the end of the Bonus Chapter.

Like everyone else, I talked to the little girl in the plane, then went off to do the other stuff, including the fight with evil Rob. I put the key in the lock, and straight away it vanished. The Hint just told me there was nothing more to do, so, eventually, I just exited back to the Main Menu.

Even though this does seem to be a very disappointing glitch (if it isn't, it's a very poor end to a great game!), I was able to access the Extras, check on my Achievements, number of Storm Clouds collected, and do the Collectible Hunt.

My pc is 64 bit, with Windows 10.

Jen.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jan 30, 16 2:41 PM
Update not showing up on my page, even after selecting the "manual" option to check for updates.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Jan 30, 16 3:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I wanted to stop by to address the issues people have been seeing in the game.

mamajay, I'm sorry to hear the key disappeared at the end of the game. The recent update should address this problem, and if the key is still not appearing, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather information on and provide troubleshooting steps for technical issues, and are always happy to help.

jaxxgirl, I understand the update won't appear after manually checking for it. When an update isn't appearing, uninstalling and reinstalling the game can help get the update installed. The following help article has steps for getting this done in the Big Fish Games app:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

If there is still a problem after trying this, please feel free to reach out to our Technical Support Team, and our Reps will be more than happy to help.

bfgPanthalassa

sullysdragons
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by sullysdragons on Jan 30, 16 5:40 PM
bonggamer wrote:HELP! The key in the bonus where I have to save my daughter has disappeared with the villain and I cant close the game. The game wont play full screen so I had to play in non - full screen mode! The entire game played fine and then this!!!! BFG seriously you need to take your QC to another level - preferably a higher one!

I saw they say there is a patch available as of yesterday. I followed the instructions to have it manually hunt for updates and it still doesn't show up in my update area. Guess I'll give it a day or two to catch up, because I can't access the other bonus content if I don't get bac that darn key to open the airplane in the bonus game.

[Post New]by BrandiWine1686 on Jan 30, 16 6:02 PM
I AM GETTING THE UPDATE FOR THE GAME AND I CLICK IT TO INSTALL THE UPDATE THEN WITHIN MINUTES IT ASKS ME TO UPDATE AGAIN THE SAME UPDATE?! HOW DO I KNOW IF THE GAME HAS BEEN UPDATED ALREADY OR IF THERE IS SOME PROBLEM CAUSING THE GAME TO CONTINUOUSLY NOT COMPLETE THE UPDATE CAUSING THE CONTINUAL NOTICE? ALSO I WAS HOPING THIS UPDATE WOULD ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF THE GAME NOT DISPLAYING CORRECTLY AND I HAVE TO PUT IT IN WINDOW MODE AND TRY TO POSITION IT JUST RIGHT(TAKING SOMETIMES UP TO 30 MIN) BEFORE I PUT IT BACK ON FULL SCREEN MODE?! SINCE THEN I KNOW IT IS A SEPARATE ISSUE BUT SEVERAL GAMES ESP. THE JEWEL QUEST GAMES WILL CLICK ON THEM AND I MAY SEE IN ONE OF THEM A QUICK BLACK FASH IN UPPER LEFT CORNER BUT THEN NOTHING! THE GAME IS IN DOCK SHOWING OPEN BUT IT APPEARS AS IF I HAVE NOT OPENED A GAME AND I HAVE TO FORCE QUIT THEM! I AM RUNNING Mac Book Pro OS X 10.11 EL CAPITAN ANY HELP OR INFO WOULD BE GREAT THANKS!

[Post New]by charsub on Jan 30, 16 6:08 PM
glendalekid wrote:Having the same problem with the fire - cannot put out #3.
I cannot put out #3 fire water can't hit #3.

Go to: