Senior Citizens sign in!!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Apr 3, 16 6:11 PM
Snow, caped, t-birdie.....I'm boycotting this stupid, nonsensical, ridiculous, @$$/?x0@:, game! I just CAUNNOT continue when I let my reserve of greens go & was doing just what was needed, now needing 100's in Barcelona I cannot use 250,000 per brick...my brickyard would be depleted in seconds! Can't get my resource factory's to work 24/7-so it's a lockout for me...I won't start again! ...CS says they're working..
Hey I wish I'd gotten the gummy boost "bomb"... That's one idea I wish they'd really make...even tho' it would cost thousands...I'd pay out of pocket for that sucker..boom blow some Zo@&/*\# up! (As I throw up the Gummy Gray Gang sign) ....
I've lost my mind!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 3, 16 8:43 PM
Neena -- I went back and played Tokyo 45 to get bricks and hats, it's almost impossible to lose as long as you play the right hand side of the board and I went back to London and finished a mission for 10 green gems. I keep leaving S P and going back to earlier cities somehow they seem a bit easier now,
Thanks for the heads up Cat, saving madly!!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 4, 16 7:08 AM
Sorry friends, it really was easier for me. Maybe I am finally figuring this game out. I am actually through Capetown and on to Budapest. Dare I say Mexico and Capetown are not too hard, except Capetown 88.

New Orleans and Shanghai took one month each to finish. St P about two weeks and Mexico and Capetown less than one week. Finishing the 10 levels, to get the icons needed to obtain the bonus gems or resources is doable, esp. with the shovels or extra moves.

Neena: My gem drill is still the same as always. I wonder what happened to your game. Let us know if customer service helps.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 4, 16 11:39 AM
My drill is still just bricks and hats - it's actually easier for me but I wonder why the difference? Snow, you must definitely be a much better player, so many levels in SP are requiring half a dozen sets of 5 lives to even get past the intern level!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Apr 4, 16 6:29 PM
You guys have a good time! I'll catch up to y'all in a little bit.... I GOTTA get this problem fixed first....it would drain me and my brickyards! If i can't well hell, it's been a good ride...{wink wink} & clink, clink a round for those that do, and another for those that need to...! I've ran into a few lately-loosen up, live a little, it's just a game....sometimes I'd rather troll the forum as play, spin and WIN! Awwe...its just voucher points piling up...can't use 'em, can't get rid of 'em! Game needs shock treatment...y'all hold it, grab the assistant who ever the heck and throw the switch! zap sizzle, pop...STILL messed up! Lol...

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Apr 9, 16 6:38 PM
Hey fellow youngsters, you might find this interesting. Last July, the GD app crashed on my iPad and none of the recommended fixes helped so I had to start over in Sydney. I was hopelessly stuck in LA with 300 coins to my name so I really didn't mind starting over. I've now made it to Mexico City (and am waiting for you, T-bird!)

But here's the plot twist. I needed a new iPhone and just for kicks I downloaded the GD app. Guess what? It restored my old game in LA! So now I have one game in Mexico City on my iPad, where everything is business as usual, and a second game in LA on my iPhone. But get this: My LA game requires 149,000 bricks to drill for a single gem. (Thinking of you, Neena.)

I've written to customer service and we'll see what they say. But clearly, friends, things are wacky and inconsistent in Gummy Drop Land these days.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 9, 16 7:09 PM
Cat, well done on getting to Mexico! I am just escaping for level 80 in SP, such an expensive city! Suddenly yesterday my drill reverted to needing all three resources, just as I was quite likeing only having to get bricks and hats but gosh they have pumped up the numbers of bricks you need, quite often over 100k. That elusive envelope that some people have got just flashed across my screen while I was in Berlin trying in vain to do the gold rush - no hope there, have just wasted 10 lives!

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Apr 10, 16 10:52 AM
Congrats Cat. I think you will find the next few cities much easier--at least I did.
I am now on level 90 in Budapest without much trouble. The key is to earn coins on the easier levels and use them to buy boosts for the times you have one move left to finish a level (for 60 coins) or to get the icon. You will earn enough coins to use them for boosts, esp. the shovel or five extra moves, but only use them when you can see a winner at the end of the allowed moves. For example, I have brought boosts when needed, but still have over 4000 coins!!

Have fun, remember it is just a game. (Says who?)

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 10, 16 6:34 PM
It's "just a game" but I have to admit I'm getting tired of having to find so many resources to build monuments and I seem completely unable to finish the necessary missions to earn themSt Pete is just as bad as the last 1/2'dozen cities, I hardly ever get the master level and even the architect is pretty often out of my league! Where is that little assistant in the envelope when I really need him?

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Apr 10, 16 7:28 PM
T-Bird, the first assistant bonus was 500 coins, a very tidy sum. The second was one free life. I suspect the assistant bonus's will be minor, 10 coins, 5 travel vouchers, an extra life here or there, but still a very notice addition. The big reward at the start was a nice surprise. I hope the envelopes show up for those not yet accessing them! The update was just two days ago, and it looked like it only effected the envelope. So keep clicking!

Edited on 04/10/2016 at 7:30:56 PM PST

marie1931
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
23,099 Posts

[Post New]by marie1931 on Apr 12, 16 1:15 AM
Never got this envelope.... Where do you find it?

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 14, 16 2:22 PM
Envelope nonsense still not sorted, tried to contact tech support but the form you fill in doesn't like my email address (which is the one I get all the GD notifications on) so not a happy camper at present. I have sent a pm to a mod so maybe eventually I'll get a reply which will help! Stuck in dratted St P and have got to 108 but it's very slow and tricky - not enjoying my sojourn in the snow!

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Apr 16, 16 10:16 AM
Good Morning everyone,
Well, did the update last night & wish I could undo it. What a flipping mess! lol
I don't know if I slipped a few cogs, but, this update has ruined the game for me. I'm in Berlin now, & travel back & forth to the 7 cities I've completed. The travel time has now gone from 10-15 minutes for all to 70 minutes +!!!! every 4 hrs. This is B.S.
The whole new interface is confusing & a big fat waste of time. I'm a patient person, but this takes it to the limit.
I cannot continue to play the way it's set up now.
Some of us have back troubles, other issues, or not, that waiting so long to get from city to city does not=FUN.
I have no energy let to play any of the levels when I'm finally back in my current city.
Travel Vouchers? What the H... are they for?
I stupidly thought they could be used to get from city to city faster, like I used to. Ha,ha at me. They sit at the top of my screen doing nothing.
And, no info. on the game levels now? Like, are there souvenirs, collecting, timed, etc, etc.
I will have to quit at this point, unless there is something I'm missing RE: Travel.

I miss my Gummy Drop.
Anyway, hope everyone else is enjoying, & having a good day.
Thanks for letting me vent.
Bonnie

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Apr 16, 16 10:57 AM
Well howdy again,

Hell fire, raise the flag & a shot of Jack! I'm back in the game. Figured out how to solve the travel issue. (A cog must have slipped back in place).
Instead of clicking on the stupid passport book, I just backed out to the globe & spun it around to find my cities & boom I'm there.
Now, if I could resolve some of the other issues......hhmmmmmmmmm.
Mercy, mercy.
See ya all later, I'm off to finally play again!

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 16, 16 11:42 AM
Big sigh of relief, I've finally escaped the snowy morass which was St Petersburg for the sunny climes of Mexico!! Where is Neena with the drinks?? By the way my gold drill just reverted to requiring only bricks and in excess of 150 k every time?!! Now where on earth am I supposed to find those numbers as it did this to me earlier in SP and now my stocks of bricks is very low except for Sydney where I can't drill... and those mad yellow envelopes continue to flutter around and be a useless nuisance I think I will go read a book instead.

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Apr 17, 16 1:50 PM
Woo-hoo, T-bird! Congrats on making it to Mexico City! I'm at level 60. Snowman was right about it being easier than St. P, Rio, etc., though it gets a bit harder in the 50s. FYI I get all 3 resources to drill for gems in MC, but in Seoul, in my other game, it's still just bricks. CS says they're aware of the snafu--along with the envelope problem--and are "working on it." Not holding my breath. Just keep playing NY 18 for bricks til they fix it...

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 17, 16 3:46 PM
Hi Cat, my drill suddenly reverted to wanting all three resources but the numbers for bricks are still very high. NY 18 is fantastic for bricks, I was working that earlier yesterday and several times got 150k+ and once I got 287k!! I also like Barcelona 106-2 for bricks and hats, just play the yellows to make everything explode. I haven't done the daily deal for weeks, the few times I have tried they have included a couple of extremely difficult masters and I can't be bothered wasting lives and not being sure if the reward is worth the hassle.

bailey93
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bailey93 on Apr 20, 16 1:11 PM
How do you upgrade resource marts and ports. The map says I'm 100% but still have to upgrade these items a few more times, but I have no clue as to how I did it in the first place.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Apr 20, 16 8:56 PM
Hi Bailey, to upgrade the resource marts just click on them and it will show you how much it costs to upgrade and the same with the ports. There will come up a + sign and say what the next amount you can send and how much to buy it. I have Sydneu and Tokyo sending 15,000 per boat but have left the others at 10,000 and that seems to do the trick. I do consider upgrading more but I always seem to need my coins to buy helping hands!

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Apr 21, 16 4:44 AM
Hey gang! Nothing new on game front....CS had my game going for a quick minute and now....right back to what it's been...there's no way I can play as is for a green gem drilling cost upwards of over 250,000 per one gem! Ok make 30+ of those babies to go 10 levels and do it all over again...no thanks,,,my time is more precious to me,,, I'm glad it's worked out "for the better.." for some of the Gummy Grey Gang .
ENVELOPE???? What envelope,,,the disappearing one, one that had the 2 on it many of us questioned for weeks...? I don't have that..no goodies, no bonus, no nothing...a faint bleed in and bleed out of a rectangle where said envelope was...WAS!
Well gang, I'll pass along these LONG ISLAND ICE TEAS as mojitos just ain't gonna do a thang!...till then..I'm watching, waiting...hang in there!

Go to: