tunaontoast
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,449 Posts

Re:Echoes of the Past: Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by tunaontoast on Jan 10, 10 9:49 PM
I just finished this game and absolutely loved it. It really reminded me of RTR. It took me 4hrs to finish at a pleasurably pace. The graphics are beautiful and the music is fantastic, not overly done. I could swear a few sound clips came form RTR. 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Jan 11, 10 1:00 PM
Nice IHOG that I picked up for 40% off. Again, not much to add: Nice graphics for a Casual Game, most of the time clear what to do next, challenging puzzles. Hidden Objects are in tune with the time period (no mobile phones etc.), and when you took them off the scene they are gone. Big kudos for that.

Finished the game in 2:58, with minimal walkthrough use, so may be a bit short.

My biggest beef with the game: You are preparing for the showdown with the witch, you know that you have to go to the tower, free the Prince on the way... Game over, to be continued. Is that some sick joke that I don't understand???

Bottom Line: If you can live with the ending, .

goarweam
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by goarweam on Jan 13, 10 6:42 AM
A spectacular adventure... although, it has similarities to Princess Isabella: A Witch's Curse:
Fairy = Mirror (except the mirror doesn't have elemental powers)
Inhabitants in mirrors = inhabitants petrified
A Final Showdown with the Antagonist
The Castle

But its still a nice one... the story is really really engaging and its nice that the game isn't over yet... but I hope the sequel would come out. Because other games out there which promises sequels seems to have been forgotten.

Neptune's Secret sequel.
Book of Legends sequel.
And other games!

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jan 16, 10 8:20 PM
I have just finished this game and enjoyed it very much. The money spent was well worthwhile. The game had just enough twist and turns to keep it interesting and the story line was great. Thanks for a very cool Game

RavenLV
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by RavenLV on Jan 17, 10 5:35 PM
This is a really good game, music is great, story line - liked it. I finished in 5+ hours over a few days, I see no point in rushing. And I peeked at the walkthrough couple times -- barrel in the kitchen... just keep clicking fast on it to roll it out of your way -- and in the crypt, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

Also, congratulate me, I am in possession of my plush toy, he is soooo cute.

Happy gaming everyone.

And I agree guys, the goods ones are always too short. I decided to buy it 20 minutes into the trial, checked the walkthrough to see how many chapters, and figured it was too short then. But, I could not wait for the year-end sale or for it to show up on the 2.99 list.

Oh, well...

Edited on 01/17/2010 at 5:39:48 PM PST

Mertie1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Mertie1 on Jan 19, 10 7:11 PM
I loved this game so much I just had to make it my first post

Very cool game. Enjoyed it nearly as much as RTR. I can't wait for the
sequel. Oh...I also enjoyed the music. Normally I turn the sound down so low I can barely hear it...but this game I didn't. I thought I heard similiar music to RTR...which is fine by me. I love when the music matches the atmosphere of the game. Awesome job to the developers of this one.

[Post New]by SUNNYHUNNY on Jan 26, 10 2:55 PM
get past cook to next room,get something to put oil running out of barrel. Said to be continued! SERIOUS? Got thru it all.Lot of going back to find parts.

[Post New]by another2cents on Jan 29, 10 1:06 PM
I really enjoyed this game. Fifteen minutes into the trial and I bought it. I put it along with MCF games. Same type.. not quite as difficult as MCF RTR or DG but that's okay.. It still kept my attention.
It's good to know that not only MCF creates the kinds of games that I like.
It kept me interested from beginging to end...couldn't pull myself away from it..... nothing else got done around the house... but oh well

A definate in my books

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 1, 10 5:00 PM
good game Hourrah! hope the next part will be has entertaining as this one. Much better than alot of new games lately. Keep them coming.... i will be a buyer for sure

mnkraut
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by mnkraut on Feb 1, 10 6:18 PM
Loved this game. Not too easy, not too hard. Only used walkthrough once and 2 hints. Nice mix of puzzles, hogs. When is the sequel due out?

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Feb 1, 10 6:41 PM
Loved this one, right at the top of my to-buy list. 2 and a half hours? Better than some I've seen... besides, the story is immersive and keeps you interested, so I will deal with the shortish length since it's really a quality game

gks1951
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by gks1951 on Feb 2, 10 9:44 AM
This was a good game, any one know when part 2 is coming out.

[Post New]by petunia_1965 on Feb 2, 10 10:19 PM
I am new to these games and obviously overlooking something! Stuck on page 11-12 ! Can't seem to get what to do. Any help with sword in heart or stone nanny greatly appreciated.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Feb 3, 10 5:50 AM
petunia_1965 wrote:I am new to these games and obviously overlooking something! Stuck on page 11-12 ! Can't seem to get what to do. Any help with sword in heart or stone nanny greatly appreciated.

Hi Petunia,

Hope you will enjoy gaming. Since this is review thread, I'm going to hide my answer so as not to spoil things for anyone who hasn't yet played the game. Highlight the white space below and you will be able to read it.

spoiler I assume that you mean the arrow in heart that was found in the hidden object scene. There is an arrow and a crossbow in that scene. Pick up the arrow, place it on the crossbow and it will shoot the heart. You can then pick up the heart. Sometimes you have to perform some type of action to create one of the objects listed in the scenes. There are several steps required to free the stone nanny. If you will use the link below you will find a walkthrough for the entire game. Looking at it might help you learn some basic ways that these games work. spoiler

Happy gaming

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/echoes-of-the-past-royal-house-of-stone-walkthrough/

[Post New]by crimson_heart on Feb 7, 10 1:15 PM
I, too, really enjoyed this game and my only complaint is that it was rather short. Glad I bought it and will look forward to a sequel.

Bassman10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Bassman10 on Feb 8, 10 7:25 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I was very exciting to play this new game after reading the many good reviews about it. But the game doesn`t impress me much. The graphic is not very good, clues are very easy to find and the puzzles are easy. It is nothing like RTR for me. RTR is far away from this. From another planet. I give this game 3/10

Bassman10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Bassman10 on Feb 8, 10 7:29 PM
Just an excellent game of its genre. Yes indeed, not up to RTR. But if you give Echoes a 3 of 10, I would really like to know of any comparable games that rate a 4 to 9!! Echoes has puzzles, hidden objects, and clever interactions with both. Everyone has their opinion, but if this one rates a 3, please give me names of better ones (besides RTR of course).

RavenLV
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by RavenLV on Feb 10, 10 6:40 PM
I liked RTR too, and I will buy all MCF and HE games without trial; and I understand there are people who want to finish a game in minutes, but I ask, why, it's not like you're gonna win some money if you do. I want to enjoy all that work the creators put, spend some time looking at scene rather than rushing to find everything in a minute and you don't even remember how you got to the end. It's a game, you're supposed to enjoy playing it. Only thing bothers me are the puzzles I can't figure out on my own, I don't like skipping them or clicking solve. Most of my game time is spent trying to figure out how they work; and yes, I have had to concede and go to the walkthrough, bah humbug.... anyway, it is all good. I love being a Jellyfish.

Happy gaming Fishes....

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Feb 10, 10 7:17 PM
I really enjoyed this game. The puzzles were just hard enough to be challenging but not frustrating. The storyline was similar to Princess Isabella- A Witch's Curse, but enjoyable just the same. There are a lot of positive comments in previous postings which I agree with. I am looking forward to the sequel.

rahdaisy
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by rahdaisy on Feb 11, 10 7:48 AM
I just finished playing this game. I absolutely loved it. It took me about 5 hours. I read everything and didn't skip any puzzles. I can't wait for the sequel. Thanks Big Fish for a great game.

Go to: