nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

Re:Blog Walkthrough for Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove now available!

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 2, 10 2:14 PM
felixjuls03 wrote:Hello Big Fish world. I have been playing big fish games for about 6 months now and I love them. But I am having a problem with this one game. I got stuck and decided to check out the walkthrough blog. I have tried several times so I decided to go step by step with the guide, there are no morphing objects in my game, and at the point when you say to look at the felix picture with the rabbit I can't look at the picture. It will not let me. So I continue on, I cant knock the head off the rabbit lawn ornament AND I cant get the hidden object scene at the hunters lodge where you get the chips to come up either. Am I doing something wrong or should I just continue on with what I know and CAN Do. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Frustrated

You need to use the walkthrough that is on the forum for the regular version of the game. The walkthrough here is for the CE and as you have discovered they are different.

[Post New]by moodymondy on Jan 2, 10 5:15 PM
I went to the hunting lodge, went through the frozen door and into the hidden object scene. I found the bolt cutters but cannot find the arrowhead, lit cigar, and arrowhead. When I click the hint button it takes me to an area towards the upper left and there is nothing there. I got to the point where I needed the bolt cutters and can't get them until i find these three items. Any one have a clue? Do I need to start over?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 2, 10 5:59 PM
moodymondy wrote:I went to the hunting lodge, went through the frozen door and into the hidden object scene. I found the bolt cutters but cannot find the arrowhead, lit cigar, and arrowhead. When I click the hint button it takes me to an area towards the upper left and there is nothing there. I got to the point where I needed the bolt cutters and can't get them until i find these three items. Any one have a clue? Do I need to start over?

If you back out of the scene and then come back you will get new items to find and perhaps you will have better luck with them.

[Post New]by Buttercup1959 on Jan 3, 10 8:41 AM
I have finished the game and it was awesome. It is rare when a game this good comes along (like Return to Ravenhurst). But I wold like to see if there was something I missed. Down in the basement, there waas a washing machine and I was wondering if there was something I could have done. I thought maybe if I found detergent or something it would start and either open up something or give me a clue. Anyone come across the same thing?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 3, 10 8:43 AM
That depends on which version you are playing. There is soap powder in the CE but not in the regular version.

[Post New]by Buttercup1959 on Jan 3, 10 11:05 AM
I do have the CE Version. Where is the soap?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 3, 10 11:06 AM
Seen a trap-door? Opened it? (Two felixes needed).

[Post New]by Ann_Fedders on Jan 3, 10 6:08 PM
Love the walk through! I am at the end and have discovered I I don't have the salt. Where do I get that? Thanks for the help!

[Post New]by eve1262 on Jan 3, 10 10:41 PM
What was I supposed to do with the snowshoes?

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 4, 10 5:19 AM
Ann_Fedders wrote:Love the walk through! I am at the end and have discovered I I don't have the salt. Where do I get that? Thanks for the help!

The salt is in the basement of the hotel on the shelf to the left.

[Post New]by migneault on Jan 4, 10 9:19 AM
Loving the game....Near the end, but stuck.....seems to be the theme here!
At the ruins puzzle, I enter the stones and jewels in the order of the crimelab format, and when I press the big button on the bottom, it all fall out....does this have any impact on not finishing the game, or could it be bc I'm missing one vidoe tape and can't find it? Perhaps two different issues? Thanks in advance! And my apologies for posting under replies....cut the newb some slack!

Edited on 01/04/2010 at 9:20:39 AM PST

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 4, 10 10:00 AM
There's no problem posting in this thread. It's only asking for help in the comments thread (which gives spoilers) that people (including me) get funny about.

The big button is a reset button. You're potentially undoing all of your good work.
When your relic entry matches your crime computer (don't get the triangles the wrong way round ), the next stage will happen automatically.

[Post New]by tazz144601 on Jan 5, 10 12:18 PM
i;m so glad thare a walkthrough because i got stuck at the magers office the walkthrough help me a lot the hole game so far. teresa

[Post New]by Bummy3 on Jan 5, 10 2:28 PM
must be on another planet. there are no morphings or bobble head in my game.what to do !!!!!!!!

gjspriburgaw@aol.com

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 5, 10 3:22 PM
You can't have bought the CE, Bummy. The regular $6.99 version doesn't have them but it does have a forum of its own.

[Post New]by Readywhenever on Jan 5, 10 7:06 PM
I desperately need help...

I have been playing for over two hours now and I am stuck. I've never played a Mystery Case Files game that I couldn't beat, let alone get past the opening scene.

I CANNOT get into the managers office, retrieve any of the pieces of paper, close the flew to the fire place...

I have 2 hammers, nails, a mattress, and a wheel in my inventory and nothing works. How do you get into the managers office? I can't break the windows. My "hint" button won't work, so I'm lost. I know at some point, I need to take the beam down or something to cross the bridge, but I can't figure out how to do that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 5, 10 7:12 PM
Readywhenever wrote:I desperately need help...

I have been playing for over two hours now and I am stuck. I've never played a Mystery Case Files game that I couldn't beat, let alone get past the opening scene.

I CANNOT get into the managers office, retrieve any of the pieces of paper, close the flew to the fire place...

I have 2 hammers, nails, a mattress, and a wheel in my inventory and nothing works. How do you get into the managers office? I can't break the windows. My "hint" button won't work, so I'm lost. I know at some point, I need to take the beam down or something to cross the bridge, but I can't figure out how to do that either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Go into the bathroom and use your sledge hammer on the floor.

[Post New]by Readywhenever on Jan 5, 10 10:12 PM
I finally got through the office, but can't figure out the four digit code for the wall safe. are the wire clippers for the oars in there? I have nails, hammer, board, lighter, and car jack. Nothing is helping me.....

I seem to be stuck again. This is the only game I've ever played that just let you remain "stuck" and didn't give you a hint or point you in the right direction. I am so frustrated.... please help if you can.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 6, 10 5:07 AM
Nails, hammer, board ... a tree with a missing step ...
You'll need a saw as well.

[Post New]by Readywhenever on Jan 6, 10 9:13 AM
I hammered up the board to the tree, which unlocked 2 hidden object scenes and I got the phone charger which I plugged in upstairs and the saw which I used to get the paper out of the tree. There are no more hidden object scenes, no "starry" areas lit up signaling for me to go there.

Do I need to get into the wall safe in the office? How do you figure out what the code is for that? It's not like the car, where the code was just the license plate #. I still don't have a key for the tool box in the garage either.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Go to: