sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

Re:Welcome to Sir Match-a-Lot forum

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Aug 18, 17 7:18 AM
Total newbie here........I cant figure out how to add friends, put in codes, etc.

HELP!!

I play on Android.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 22, 17 11:06 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:Total newbie here........I cant figure out how to add friends, put in codes, etc.

HELP!!

I play on Android.

Welcome! For starters, you are on the wrong thread. Despite its misleading name, this thread is not the correct place to post, as nobody reads it or answers. So, to attract attention, you need to start a new discussion. Go to the bottom, click on CREATE NEW DISCUSSION, give it a title, and post. But I guess you know that already (just noticed you forum rank).

I would be glad to help, but I play on PC, which does not have the friends feature, but I'm sure somebody else will answer. Also, you can check the forum for previous posts to get an idea about the game. As manatee, I'm sure you can find your way around the forum.

Edited on 08/22/2017 at 11:11:20 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Aug 24, 17 12:41 PM
Hello sbaker2318,

Thanks for reaching out. As eli173 mentioned, this thread is checked less frequently, and I'd recommend creating a new discussion to ask for gameplay advice. That being said, I'm happy to offer some more information.

Mobile players can use the social features in this game by connecting their game to their Facebook account. Connecting the game to Facebook allows you to post your achievements, like high scores, to your profile. For more information about how to do this, please see the help page below.

Save your progress with Facebook!

I'd also recommend checking out the game's walkthrough below for some game play guidance. It's a really useful resource.

Sir Match-a-Lot Walkthrough

Thanks for your patience, and please don't hesitate to PM me or another of the active Moderators if further questions or concerns arise. We're here to help.

bfgBeruna

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Sep 6, 17 5:57 PM
Thanks all........hope I can figure it out.........first time poster in THIS forum!

[Post New]by Jollybob75 on Oct 14, 17 10:09 PM
I love the game. Well I used to. I don’t mean to be a downer. Until this recent update I couldn’t put it down. We used to get gold 45 pieces, every 3 hours. Now in 24 hours I got 10 pieces. Along with selling your fireflies, same deal. That’s a shame. It’s clear they updated it to make another cash grab so you cannot earn gold as fast.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 15, 17 7:26 AM
Jollybob75 wrote: I love the game. Well I used to. I don’t mean to be a downer. Until this recent update I couldn’t put it down. We used to get gold 45 pieces, every 3 hours. Now in 24 hours I got 10 pieces. Along with selling your fireflies, same deal. That’s a shame. It’s clear they updated it to make another cash grab so you cannot earn gold as fast.

Hi Jollybob75.

We all share the same concerns. For greater impact, I will copy your post to the feedback thread for the recent update, called "Newest update to the game".

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 7:28:31 AM PST

jgu98
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jgu98 on Oct 16, 17 8:51 PM
Hi The fireflies and the score do not increase when I win a level. This has just started happening. Any ideas? Seems like a bug.

Edited on 10/16/2017 at 8:52:03 PM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Oct 18, 17 3:20 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to talk about Sir Match-a-Lot. I can see that there was some feedback here, which was provided by eli173 to an ongoing thread discussing recent changes and feedback associated with them. Thank you so much for providing that, the Forum Moderation Team will be sure to get that to the right teams so our players can express what they have experienced and the impacts of those changes to the appropriate teams.

jgu98, before I continue, welcome to the forums! I'm sorry to hear that the score and firefly totals don't seem to be increasing after winning a level. We definitely would like you see the updated totals in a timely manner, and if you're playing on PC, I recommend seeing if playing the game as an Administrator could assist in getting those scores to show up properly after a win:

Run Game as Administrator

For any problems that continue after trying those steps, we recommend contacting our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your in-game ID and a description of what you are experiencing with the game while playing as well as what steps have already been tried to resolve the issue. Our Reps are always happy to help out and will do their best to get back in touch as soon as possible.

I recommend players post any technical issue reports for this game specifically to one of the designated threads for the purpose below, based on what device type is seeing the issue:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (PC) here.
Please post any TECH ISSUES for Sir Match-a-Lot (Mobile) here.

Posting technical issues to those threads helps both the teams behind the game and moderators better understand and note the impacts of player reported issues. It also helps both to respond more rapidly to those reports, and I want to thank you for helping us maintain the accessibility of our forums going forward.

Thank you as well for your patience. Don't hesitate to PM any of our moderators should there be further questions. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by crochet12 on Oct 19, 17 4:16 AM
So, the new update - as of October 2017 - has reduced the gold mine coins from 45 to 15. Also, the price of selling fireflies in the shop has been reduced. So Elephant games is getting more and more stingy.
If they get rid of the gold mine all together, I will delete the game.
Thank you

[Post New]by Empkai on Oct 20, 17 10:16 AM
crochet12 wrote:So, the new update - as of October 2017 - has reduced the gold mine coins from 45 to 15. Also, the price of selling fireflies in the shop has been reduced. So Elephant games is getting more and more stingy.
If they get rid of the gold mine all together, I will delete the game.
Thank you

I have come to love this game as well. I am in the Deserted Dunes World and I noticed that the output of fireflies and gold mine have been significantly reduced. I find that to be a shame. I would hope that they would reconsider changing that since the levels have been increasingly hard to pass without the gold. Having to buy gold for almost every level up in a world you go to is not really a lucent idea and no one will do that. Please change your mind. I don't want to be another one who leaves the game due to penny pinching. Thank you.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Oct 21, 17 9:13 AM
I have copied the two messages above to the Update thread below, in order to have all feedback in the same place.

[Post New]by ethanmarinia on Oct 21, 17 10:31 PM
The changes are designed to make you buy more gold. I am on the verge of deleting the game based on the reduction to 15 gold from the mine and selling fire flies is no longer beneficial. I will wait a few more days to see if the powers that be have a change of heart to keep players happy. The fact that the levels get harder which means more resources are needed should suffice for the profit margin. At the rate this is going Las Vegas will be cheaper.

[Post New]by nikinarizona on Nov 22, 17 9:03 PM
Since downloading the latest update, everytime I try to open Sir Match-a-Lot, it just closes BigFish down entirely. Any ideas?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Nov 29, 17 1:56 PM
Hello nikinarizona,

I'm sorry to hear that the game seems to be crashing or closing down entirely when trying to play it. We definitely want you to have ready access to the game and I'd be happy to provide some suggestions that may help, as well as how to contact our Support Team should more assistance be necessary.

Players who are seeing trouble with the game not opening properly, the following suggested steps for this sort of performance issue may be able to assist with resolving that quickly. Just be sure to select the appropriate device type from the list on the following page:

Sir Match-a-Lot Help > Performance & Connection Issues

Those steps may be able to assist quickly with that issue, however if you find that the issue continues despite that, please contact our Sir Match-a-Lot Support Team with your in-game ID and a description of what you are experiencing along with any steps you've already tried. Our Reps will be sure to follow up as soon as they are able.

Thank you for your patience, and if there are further questions. If there are any further questions, please feel free to PM me or any of our other active Moderators. We are all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

LynnNfld
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Dec 18, 17 6:24 PM
There was a gift (glitch) in this game. In Witchville level 48, once you were done the 3rd level, every time you played and won, the adjacent 45 coin was renewed. I got tons of coin. Then it went down to 15 coin. A drag, but still a bonus. However, it seems they've either pulled back from, or cottoned on to this. In the latest update, the points were increased by 15,000 and the board made considerably harder in level 48. more rows of chains, etc. That pretty much negates any benefit of the tedium of doing that level over and over. I bought (unneeded) the 2 starter packs recently offered to support the game. But, man, BFG has sucked all the fun out of the clown. No more real money from me. There has been a very intense push from BFG to get people to spend more and more on this "free" game. There needs to be a balance between what the game offers and what is expected back. Stop being so greedy BFG, or you will lose many more than just me.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 19, 17 11:45 AM
Hello LynnNfld,

Thanks for providing your feedback and experiences of those changes in the game. The Forum Moderation Team will be sure to provide it to the appropriate teams so they have that available while discussing the future of the game. Changes are made in response to player feedback, and other times, they are made with the longevity of the game in mind.

Thank you for being willing to share your experiences and feedback, and I hope you're having a wonderful day. Players who have further questions or concerns are encouraged to PM any of our active Moderators. We're all happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

Battles

[Post New]by TwiztedToy on Jan 17, 18 12:10 PM
What is the best uniform to wear for BATTLES?

missbethann
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Battles

[Post New]by missbethann on Jan 18, 18 6:03 AM
TwiztedToy wrote:What is the best uniform to wear for BATTLES?

Mountain Ruler

[Post New]by hmpuzzler on Feb 20, 18 7:28 PM
doing great until I had to deal with Bigfoot! Have played over & over for days & can't even come close to defeating him. Does anyone have a solution?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Feb 27, 18 11:15 AM
Hello hmpuzzler,

Welcome to the forums! I apologize that it's taken so long for a member of the Moderation Team to reply to your request. If you're still working on beating Bigfoot, please let me know the world and level in which he appears. I'll investigate strategies that will help beat him post haste.

I'd recommend sending me a PM. I hope to hear from you soon and will be happy to answer any additional questions there might be.

bfgBeruna

Go to: