Re:Jane Angel: Templar Mystery comments and reviews

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 12:58 PM
Gentlsong wrote:cont....

This is not a criticism of the mini-game at all. It is just something I have to figure out when I have more time. I liked the game and THINK I understand how to play. I just need more time with it to figure out what's happening and why. I can't remember if this particular mini-game is available as free play, but making it available if it isn't is an idea you might want to consider.

THANKS so much for participating in our discussion here, and congratulations on a GREAT first game!!

Thank you, Gentlsong!
You paid some much attention to us, so I really appreciate for your thoughts and comments!
It is real pleasure for developers when players give feedback (detailed!) as you did!

Have Happy Holidays and best regards from me Eugene.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Dec 10, 09 1:16 PM
KUDOS TO YOU EUGENE!!! This is the first game that I have seen such extensive feedback from the developer. Having studied a few languages during my school years, I am fully aware of the swab=mop association and certainly understand the scissors spelling ( es after word ending in s). I haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, but will do so later today. But I can tell you right now, that I will be very tempted to buy this game solely because of your attention to what is said and the fact that you have responded to almost everyone even though some of them were downright rude.

Again, thanks Eugene for the extensive feedback and the concern you have expressed.

machamc
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by machamc on Dec 10, 09 1:19 PM
OLDBAY wrote:What no rubber ducky ? thats what its missing ? I have to agree w/ poppa it is ONE of the worst ....maybe not the worst but Its close .I didn't like the scrolling screen or the junk piles....spelling...its a pass for me as well...really been a bad week for games..At this rate I'll never rank as a lobster....I keep saying well maybe tomorrow...thats getting really old...Till we meet again..... give us something to talk about

Aha! I found the rubber ducky! It's in Chapter 2, Monkey Village. It doesn't seem to be on my list, but I have found the lists change if you replay a scene.

This is a really good game, as so many other people agree.

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Dec 10, 09 1:24 PM
You know, I haven't even downloaded this game or played my usual 30 to 40 minutes of it, and I DON'T INTEND TO. I must weight in on the fact that I do not appreciate the developer inserting his/her opinions and comments directly to BFG bloggers. Making excuses for a game made in another country and using their "language" does not cut it with me. If you want to compete in the American market, then you better learn to speak "American." I am very sick and tired of America going out it's way to make foreign products and foreigners feel "comfortable" in our market and in our country. I have lived abroad for many years, and you learn to speak their language or you don't speak to anyone. The developer of this game has no place in our forum trying to sell his/her product. There are other places for that.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 1:29 PM
kalalika wrote:KUDOS TO YOU EUGENE!!! This is the first game that I have seen such extensive feedback from the developer. Having studied a few languages during my school years, I am fully aware of the swab=mop association and certainly understand the scissors spelling ( es after word ending in s). I haven't had a chance to try the demo yet, but will do so later today. But I can tell you right now, that I will be very tempted to buy this game solely because of your attention to what is said and the fact that you have responded to almost everyone even though some of them were downright rude.

Again, thanks Eugene for the extensive feedback and the concern you have expressed.

Hi, kalalika!
Hope you'll enjoy this game

And, of course, I'd be glad to read your feedback!

Best regards, Eugene.

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Dec 10, 09 1:31 PM
SavemeJack wrote:You know, I haven't even downloaded this game or played my usual 30 to 40 minutes of it, and I DON'T INTEND TO. I must weight in on the fact that I do not appreciate the developer inserting his/her opinions and comments directly to BFG bloggers. Making excuses for a game made in another country and using their "language" does not cut it with me. If you want to compete in the American market, then you better learn to speak "American." I am very sick and tired of America going out it's way to make foreign products and foreigners feel "comfortable" in our market and in our country. I have lived abroad for many years, and you learn to speak their language or you don't speak to anyone. The developer of this game has no place in our forum trying to sell his/her product. There are other places for that.

This section of the forum is for comments and reviews of the game. I don't come here to see what someone thinks of a game that they haven't even tried. I love to read the reviews of people who have played the game and that's why I come to this forum.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 1:37 PM
SavemeJack wrote:You know, I haven't even downloaded this game or played my usual 30 to 40 minutes of it, and I DON'T INTEND TO. I must weight in on the fact that I do not appreciate the developer inserting his/her opinions and comments directly to BFG bloggers. Making excuses for a game made in another country and using their "language" does not cut it with me. If you want to compete in the American market, then you better learn to speak "American." I am very sick and tired of America going out it's way to make foreign products and foreigners feel "comfortable" in our market and in our country. I have lived abroad for many years, and you learn to speak their language or you don't speak to anyone. The developer of this game has no place in our forum trying to sell his/her product. There are other places for that.

Hi, SavemeJack.
I can't understand what's wrong with me being here?! I don't insert my opinion about game, its quality, e .t. c. I'd just like to answer questions (and greetings) from people who enjoy/hate my work.
About American market: There were many posts for and against spelling. And it is great! That's is democracy! Your hate for me (as foreigner) isn't surpise, but just imagine yourself that one morning you will not find any foreign stuff in America Welcome to Medieval Age! I'm not trying to sell my game on this forum cause it is silly to hope that people would buy without trying one hour.
So, just have a nice day!

Best regards, Eugene.

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 1:38:35 PM PST

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Dec 10, 09 1:47 PM

I really think you should at least try the game before commenting on it or the developer's comments here because unless you've played it, you don't really know the full context of this discussion. I don't see any of his comments as being "excuses" for the game...just explanations for why things are the way they are THIS time and promises of improvements on the next game. I have played the demo, and didn't have any problems with the English translation...and do NOT speak any non-English languages, although I did take Latin in high school (and hated it at the time).

Personally, I (and I know many of us here) actually appreciate a developer who comes here to "listen" to our comments and answer questions. To me, it shows that he is willing to be a true developer in more ways than just games which only makes for better games.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Dec 10, 09 1:53 PM
I totally agree with you Gentlesong!!!! There are so many games where the developer pays no attention to the comments from gamers that this is a breath of fresh air!!!

fifegal
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by fifegal on Dec 10, 09 2:04 PM
meatbun66 wrote:It's not a bad game, but I am not going to buy it because the way the scenes go from one to another (going up and down) got me a little woozie. /quote

Had that problem also with the up and down and feeling "woozie", but I am going to buy anyway and just close my eyes . I really enjoyed this game and the different mini games especially.

And, Eugene_Duranin, thanks for your concern on how we are reacting to this game. Hope to see more games from you and your partner.

forensicMD
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by forensicMD on Dec 10, 09 2:11 PM
I wanted to take just a moment to weigh in on the side of positive comments for Eugene and the game. He is not lobbying us to buy his game, something I am certain Big Fish would never allow! On a positive note, I find the story line very interesting because of the publicity of The DaVinci Code and Holy Blood, Holy Grail. I was taken aback by the information that the Knights supported Columbus, but it made perfect sense when the fact that the Templars' cross was on the sails of Columbus' ships was added! No one have even brought that to my attention before and I have been pretty interested in any History Channel programs on the subject! As for the game itself: The graphics are great; I liked the various differences in the mini-games commented on by others; I would have enjoyed hearing more of Moonlight Sonata. All in all the creators deserve much credit for their effort. (And they did try to have the grammar and spelling checked. Unfortunately, the person they found was not as helpful as one would have wanted, but that is no reason to punish them! Since when have we gotten rid of E for effort?)

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 2:12:41 PM PST

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 10, 09 2:42 PM
I just finished the trial and I like the game. The first thing I noticed before I actually started playing was the music-Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata". I love classical music-Beethoven and Tchaikovsky are two of my favorite composers. I only wish the music had continued softly in the background while playing the game. I would have loved hearing the entire piece. As for the scenes, they are bright and clear. For the most part, I didn't have too much trouble finding the objects, although, I did have to use hints. The hint button refilled quickly enough which was nice. I would have liked to have read the story but I didn't take the time for that as I wanted to get to the actual game-play. I do like IHOG games the most but this one has some differences that other plain HOGS don't have which helps to keep the game interesting such as comparing two of the same picture and putting items in one picture in the same place they are located in the other, instead of just finding the differences. I may buy this one but before I buy it, or any other games, I'm going to wait until the regular edition of Dire Grove comes out.

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 2:46 PM
Itsupikachu wrote:I just finished the trial and I like the game. The first thing I noticed before I actually started playing was the music-Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata". I love classical music-Beethoven and Tchaikovsky are two of my favorite composers. I only wish the music had continued softly in the background while playing the game. I would have loved hearing the entire piece. As for the scenes, they are bright and clear. For the most part, I didn't have too much trouble finding the objects, although, I did have to use hints. The hint button refilled quickly enough which was nice. I would have liked to have read the story but I didn't take the time for that as I wanted to get to the actual game-play. I do like IHOG games the most but this one has some differences that other plain HOGS don't have which helps to keep the game interesting such as comparing two of the same picture and putting items in one picture in the same place they are located in the other, instead of just finding the differences. I may buy this one but before I buy it, or any other games, I'm going to wait until the regular edition of Dire Grove comes out.

Hi, Itsupikachu!
You are right it is Beethoven. And, it was fun to see how programmer (we are 2-person team, so he is head of music) played it thousands times to record it perfectly

Best regards, Eugene.
One of JA's developers.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Dec 10, 09 2:51 PM
I just want to add that I really appreciate Eugene taking the time and caring enough to want to read what the players think of the game. To my knowledge, no other game developer has ever done that, at least not since I've been here at . Thank you, Eugene, and I hope we'll see many more games from you!

Edited on 12/10/2009 at 3:01:06 PM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Dec 10, 09 2:56 PM
Is he gone yet ? just kidding !!!!

[Post New]by Eugene_Duranin on Dec 10, 09 2:57 PM
OLDBAY wrote:Is he gone yet ? just kidding !!!!

Do you wanna to ask me something?

[Post New]by mil_mac on Dec 10, 09 3:13 PM
Pepper010 wrote:Myst, a different viewpoint here. I appreciate the fact that the developers cared enough about their customers to spend the time and effort to read here, take in what we said, and reply. That's a very good sign of a good developer and vendor, I think.

I'd like to hear more from more developers, actually.

And establishing good relationships with customers, and being accessible, is a great way to build brand loyalty, too.

I really can't imagine any reason why a developer should be stopped from replying to the customer base.

I fully agree with you Pepper. Communication is a good sign of future improvements.

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 10, 09 3:15 PM
What's wrong with my game? Scissors is not spelled wrong. After all of the comments I was kinda looking forward to it.

[Post New]by KarS31971 on Dec 10, 09 3:17 PM
cche wrote:Guess I jumped the gun here. Oh well hope some admin can clean it up. :-)

I was a little upset, I read a post in the forum earlier and the person asked how long the game was...The answer was it would take about 4 hrs to solve, So i in turn purchased the game and had it solved in about an hr & 1/2

Very disappointed

obrien60
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by obrien60 on Dec 10, 09 3:20 PM
Really, I got through 1/2 of Columbia during my trial. So it ends there?

Go to: