Chapter 6 Discussion Thread

Re:Chapter 6 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 28, 11 7:45 PM
Hi Jerripat!

The manager's office is the door on the right when you first enter the hotel. This was the area that you first got into from the upstairs bathroom. Access to the basement is in the office. Where before you couldn't go downstairs because it was too dark, the lights go on by themselves once the generator starts working.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by cntrygal30 on May 12, 11 11:50 AM
madmaggie13 wrote:GEe never mind i went back and found it in the tent.

[Post New]by iheartgaming on May 19, 11 2:41 PM
I cannot find the glue to patch the acetylene torch. I've looked everywhere. I also am not sure how to get fuel for the lamp in the hunting lodge.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on May 21, 11 2:03 AM
Welcome to the pond, iheartgaming!

The uber glue is found in the Hidden Object Game in the grocery store's basement. It's the HOG with the fridge, where you found the meat for the wolf.

The kerosene for the lamp is also found in the grocery store (in the actual store part), but if the sparkles aren't showing up, you might not have done the task that triggers the HOG. My advice is to get that torch working and then come back to the store later for the kerosene.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by copper766 on May 28, 11 9:29 AM
I just completed the game again in 2 hours 21 seconds. The pliers to loosen the spark plug is at the farm in the drawer. You will also find the cell phone by using the lantern in the farm house (where the board is missing).

Edited on 05/28/2011 at 12:05:04 PM PST

[Post New]by THEBRATT21 on Feb 9, 12 4:27 PM
mmartin3745 wrote:Has anyone gotten to the cell phone part??? I have tried the generator several times, but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this part??? thank you.

[Post New]by THEBRATT21 on Feb 9, 12 4:27 PM
mmartin3745 wrote:Has anyone gotten to the cell phone part??? I have tried the generator several times, but to no avail. Can anyone help me with this part??? thank you.

[Post New]by THEBRATT21 on Feb 9, 12 4:28 PM

[Post New]by Shrtrthn on May 11, 12 5:14 AM
ive been all over back and forth in the game and i cant find anything that will let me cut up the hose to use as a patch on the torch. im starting to wonder if there is just something wrong with the game. any help!?

[Post New]by Shrtrthn on May 11, 12 5:17 AM
nvmd i figured it out when i actualy read a few more of the earlier posts

[Post New]by moluvsrich on Jul 15, 12 8:34 AM
I absoutely can not find the kerosene..i have been back to the gift shop.. grocery store several times and nothing sparkles..i have the part of the hose that needs the patch but i have no glue also..please help i am tempted to unistall and start all over bc i have been on the same part for about 3 hours now.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jul 15, 12 10:25 AM
Hi moluvsrich and Welcome to the Forums! This is a great place to get help with your games.

I checked the walkthrough we have for this game, and it does look like the kerosene is in the Grocery Store. There should be a hidden object scene in the shelves there, and when you find all the items the kerosene will be added to your Inventory. You can click here to see a screenshot of that part of the game.

It also looks like you get the glue in the Grocery Store basement, through another hidden object scene. Click here to see a screenshot of that.

If neither of those HOS are coming up for you, it could be that something else needs to be done in other part of the game for them to activate. When that happens to me, I'll scroll back over the walkthrough and make sure I've done everything leading up to the point where I'm stuck. The link below will take you to the full walkthrough in case you'd like to give that a try:

Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove Walkthrough

I hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

devitte
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by devitte on Jul 22, 12 4:20 PM
lindataf wrote:I'd also like to know what the sunflower seeds are for and how to cross that river where I found the feather...are the sunflower seeds one of the elements??? Am I supposed to cross the river???

HELP...thank you!

devitte
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by devitte on Jul 24, 12 1:04 PM
apples16951 wrote:Okay. So in the standard edition there's no rabbit head in the microwave, no chips for the wolf. So how do I get to the ruins, pray tell?????

Have all the four tokens - what now?

[Post New]by SF_BAY_GAL on Aug 10, 12 12:19 PM
I've solved all the puzzles at the four frozen students, and have their symbols. Can someone give me a hint about how to insert them properly into the puzzle at the Ruins? I saw one graphic that seemed to hint at the four columns, and I tried it, but it did not work. Are you supposed to use ALL the round stones?

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 15, 12 12:19 PM
Hi SF_BAY_GAL,

You may have already moved past this part in the game, but just in case I thought I'd swim in here with some info about that puzzle.

I checked the walkthrough, and first, it does look like the solution is random for that puzzle. This are the hints it gives about how to solve it:

- The solution to the puzzle is found on the Crime Computer screen. (Click here to see a screenshot of that from the walkthrough)
- If you look at the Crime Computer screen, you will see certain symbols appear over some of the screens.
- Your goal is to place the relics in the same locations as their matching symbols on the screen. (Click here to see the matching solution in the walkthrough).
- Use the rocks on the left and right sides of the puzzle to adjust the height of your relics.
- If one of your symbols is all the way at the top, place 3 rocks in the corresponding slot before you place the relics. That will give them the height they need.
- If the relic is at the bottom of the screen, all you have to do is place the relic without any stones.
- You do not have to place a stone above any of the relics.
- If you make a mistake and want to clear the board, click on the large circle below the puzzle.

You can also click here to right to the full walkthrough too.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Aug 15, 12 1:00 PM
the solution is random for that puzzle
Yes! You can't solve it until you have found enough videos to display all four relics in your crime computer
(which is a 4x4 grid, just like the relic puzzle ...).

Edited on 08/15/2012 at 2:09:57 PM PST

Go to: