Chapter 7 discussion thread

Re:snow shoes

[Post New]by lcmperks on Jun 1, 10 5:28 PM
i finished the game where does the snow shoes go

Re:Chapter 7 discussion thread

[Post New]by mugsie26 on Jun 5, 10 1:38 PM
Like the previous poster, I got to the ruins with no glyphs key either. I spent ages trying to decode them using logic before concluding it just wasn't possible (too many variables). I then went back and looked everywhere for some kind of key but couldn't find one. I checked in the walkthrough and found it should be in the suitcase - but could no longer access the suitcase. Surely if I hadn't found the key, the suitcase should still have been accessible? I completed the game using the key shown in the walkthrough - but it was a very disappointing end, really spoiled the game for me.

Edited on 06/05/2010 at 1:39:17 PM PST

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 6, 10 5:20 AM
mugsie26 wrote:Like the previous poster, I got to the ruins with no glyphs key either. I spent ages trying to decode them using logic before concluding it just wasn't possible (too many variables). I then went back and looked everywhere for some kind of key but couldn't find one. I checked in the walkthrough and found it should be in the suitcase - but could no longer access the suitcase. Surely if I hadn't found the key, the suitcase should still have been accessible? I completed the game using the key shown in the walkthrough - but it was a very disappointing end, really spoiled the game for me.

Once you opened the suitcase the code was entered into your journal.

[Post New]by mugsie26 on Jun 9, 10 4:44 AM
That didn't happen. I searched the journal and it was not there. The journal page in the walkthrough that contained the code (page 23) had something quite different on it in my game journal (I imagine what should have been on the following page). The code was definitely missing.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jun 9, 10 8:36 AM
mugsie26 wrote:That didn't happen. I searched the journal and it was not there. The journal page in the walkthrough that contained the code (page 23) had something quite different on it in my game journal (I imagine what should have been on the following page). The code was definitely missing.

Journal pages are different depending on which order you play. They don't necessarily match the walkthrough.

Edited on 06/09/2010 at 8:37:16 AM PST

[Post New]by mugsie26 on Jun 9, 10 12:49 PM
Ok - but the code was definitely not anywhere in the journal.

jenn3
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by jenn3 on Aug 8, 10 1:27 PM
nwl43 wrote:
paco12348 wrote:Thanks, Lizzie, that worked well. Now I'm trying to decipher the runes in the underworld. I know the alphabet is in the book we read but I've tried every word I can think of and looked through the films. Any hints?

Read the riddle. Look in your inventory and see if anything could possibly match. For instance one says something about GRAIN. Do you have anything in your inventory that picks up dust and also makes arrows fly true.

Ok I need some help I have everything salt ,feather ,mercery,seeds but I cant put them where they go am I missing a step? Please help

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Aug 8, 10 2:26 PM
jenn3 wrote:
nwl43 wrote:
paco12348 wrote:Thanks, Lizzie, that worked well. Now I'm trying to decipher the runes in the underworld. I know the alphabet is in the book we read but I've tried every word I can think of and looked through the films. Any hints?

Read the riddle. Look in your inventory and see if anything could possibly match. For instance one says something about GRAIN. Do you have anything in your inventory that picks up dust and also makes arrows fly true.

Ok I need some help I have everything salt ,feather ,mercery,seeds but I cant put them where they go am I missing a step? Please help

Each of the riddles has an answer. For instance, I gather the dust and make arrows fly is feather. Then you need the code sheet from the suitcase to see which symbols correspond to which letters and you click on the symbols until they are correct. If you need more help, you should check the walkthrough.

nabsuc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
464 Posts

[Post New]by nabsuc on Sep 10, 10 9:32 AM
I am in the cellar and need to glue the piece of the hose pipe in the damaged tank on the floor but I do not have the glue in my inventory the walk through says go to the grosser stall but I do not know where to go to find the glue help!!!!!!!

[Post New]by tobydupree on Nov 10, 10 3:58 PM

I am unable to get the ruins to work no matter what order the book or the walk through. How can I get to the tunnel if none of the order given is working?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 10, 10 4:32 PM
tobydupree wrote:
I am unable to get the ruins to work no matter what order the book or the walk through. How can I get to the tunnel if none of the order given is working?
That is a guide. The solution is on your crime computer (video) grid and changes from game to game.

[Post New]by marykat8 on Nov 13, 10 3:02 AM
great game two of us had over eight hours (intermittent) fun with this one, only skipped one puzzle and enjoyed the element puzzles greatly!

[Post New]by dgrant on Dec 1, 10 6:53 PM
pennyy14 wrote:I Tried the pattern from the crime computer, it is not working. What am I missing?

[Post New]by KANEASHA123 on Dec 7, 10 5:10 AM
nwl43 wrote:

[Post New]by KANEASHA123 on Dec 7, 10 5:12 AM
HIYA I AM AT THE END OF THE GAME I AM AT THE STONE WHERE I NEED TO DO SOME THING WITH THE LETTER AND I HAVE STILL GOT THE SEA WATER THE SUNFLOWER SEED THE MERCURY AND SNOW SHOES URN AND I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO CAN ANY ONE HELP ME

Edited on 12/07/2010 at 5:13:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Crys31 on Dec 22, 10 2:10 PM
I have gotten to the ruins but am missing the round jewel. I have in inventory a feather, sunflower seeds, sea salt, a ladder, glass vile with mercury, urn with ashes, and snow shoes. I am also missing two tapes. I have been back and forth and no HOGs anywhere!!! What am I supposed to do with my left over things in inventory and I'm assuming I have to find another HOG to get another jewle thing. Please help me, thanks.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Dec 23, 10 7:22 AM
Welcome to the pond, Crys!

Snowshoes: Don't worry about them. They're used automatically to walk through the snow, so you're never going to need to click on them and they aren't ever going to leave your inventory. (If you tried to walk up the hill towards the barn without the snowshoes, the game would have commented that the snow was too deep and wouldn't have let you pass.)

Circle relic: Have you used the ladder in the barn? There's a beam that you find in the barn loft's HOG to get across the hole in the farmhouse. It is there, that you'll re-use the ladder to find the last student, and the circular relic.

Rest of Inventory: The feather, seeds, salt, ashes, and mercury are all needed for the last puzzles in the game.

Video tapes: You can try to retrace your steps again, or check the walkthrough, which is found in a thread at the top of this forum. It has explanations and pictures of the entire game, including the locations for every tape.

Good luck!!!

Edited on 12/23/2010 at 7:25:15 AM PST

Crliles
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Crliles on Dec 26, 10 1:34 PM
How do I post a new message? I can reply, but I don't see a way to post a new one.

I am at the ruins.
I have put the relics in the order shown in the crime computer and nothing happens!?
I have done this several times. Right to left, left to right and bottom to top. Nothing works. What I see in the CC is (top to bottom & left to right ) square, up triangle, blank, blank/down triangle, blank, blank, blank/blank, blank,blank,circle/ blanks
Any Ideas? Help
Cliff

[Post New]by Tryn2live on Jan 16, 11 8:18 PM
I am at the portal but I cannot figure out the puzzles, I have worked so hard the last couple of days at this game. Can anyone please help me?

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Jan 17, 11 3:23 AM
Welcome to the pond, Tryn2live!

Are you referring to the five riddles? The answer to each one is an item from your inventory.

If you haven't already, you'll need to fill the urn and glass vile with ashes and mercury, respectively.

Good luck!!!

Go to: