Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by cuddles77 on Mar 21, 16 1:32 AM
hello im on vista windows7this game freezes in the chaple i just bbought this game please fix it i would like to no the ending of it i done what you said go to tec but all they do is give you a freegame but i want the game i bought to work this sucks please if anyone is working on the same computer if you no how to fix this game please open to suggestions and big fish i love you guys but you need to fix your games before you sell them it messes up our computers which cost more then your games to fix thank you

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by batfishcrazy on Mar 21, 16 4:52 AM
Game freezes in the chapel. Playing on Windows 10.

[Post New]by shelterhill on Mar 21, 16 6:37 AM
I'm not stuck in the chapel, won't even get there, I'm tied up, should free myself with something sharp, but don't have it, can't move at all... Help!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Mar 21, 16 9:01 AM
Same problem, stuck in chapel, using windows 10, please sort a.s.a.p

kangoods
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by kangoods on Mar 21, 16 9:18 AM
Same as everyone else stuck in chapel with picture. playing windows 7

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 9:18:32 AM PST

[Post New]by ljeanner on Mar 21, 16 9:24 AM
Same problem as others. Stuck at chapel. Windows 7.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Beckiep on Mar 21, 16 9:57 AM
YAY!!!!I It worked!!!! Got the tambourine from the HOP in the chapel. I never made it that far before. The game usually froze.

cms54 wrote:Beckiep, You're missing a tambourine to scare the bat. The phonograph isn't for that. Not sure where you missed the first spider for the box that falls off the beam when the bat leaves. I have a thing about not using the strategy guide or I'd look it up........
Most of these issues are coming from the desk behind the ghost when you first get to the chapel attic. Don't miss a thing on it. The tambourine, inserting the Spencer photo into the oval space(no frame required), the stone roses.....I just started using each tool I got as soon as I got it even if it means going back a few scenes. Take a look at the map regularly to see if the red exclamation point wants you to backtrack a bit. Several times I had to check a back level and found a red circle that wasn't noted on the I, II, III level notes to the left of the scenes. That was soooo neglectful of the devs. It might be one of the reasons all of this is happening.

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 9:58:38 AM PST

cms54
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by cms54 on Mar 21, 16 10:07 AM
Congratulations, Beckiep!!!!!!! Best thing on this game is to use every inventory you get as soon as you get it (go back to scene that needs it) and to check the map constantly to see if a past level or individual scene has a red circle in it so that you can get what you need from it. Yay!!!!!

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 10:08:18 AM PST

[Post New]by kristi38 on Mar 21, 16 10:08 AM
OMG really, demo played fine so i bought the game and now it wont even load, it keeps going back to the part that says you own this game, very frustrating, please update!!!!

4194dave
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 4194dave on Mar 21, 16 10:55 AM
Same issue. The game locked up the second time I entered the chapel. Updated everything possible. Uninstalled and reinstalled game. no change.

[Post New]by gypsygrrl on Mar 21, 16 11:08 AM
Same as everyone else. Stuck in the chapel with the photo, and nothing responds to my cursor. Playing on a MacBook Pro running OS X El Capitan. Deleted and reinstalled the game, no change. Was really enjoying it up to that point. Following this reader's advice, will see if a new profile and following the guide will let me finish, but I'm disappointed that this happened.
kathey12 wrote:
I created a new profile and followed the guide.

I was able to continue and play the main game as well as the bonus.

The sole difference was that I had previously entered the room with Martha and Sonia after putting in the lever. The guide states to put in the lever, which opens the secret room, BUT to back out of the chapel to the gravesite.

Will check back to see if there's a fix.

[Post New]by hedgie601 on Mar 21, 16 12:30 PM
My game is stuck at the chapel as well. I am playing on a Windows 10 machine with a GeForce GTX 750i graphics card. I was going to start over - but after reading through this thread I will just ask for my money back.

[Post New]by katskars on Mar 21, 16 12:30 PM
GAME ALSO FROOZE UP IN CHAPEL!!!!
ITS SO FRUSTRATING TO BUY THESE GAMES AND NOT BE ABLE TO PLAY THEM TO FINISH.HAVE HAD A LOT OF PROBLEMS THIS PAST YEAR AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO DOWNLOAD AND PLAY ALMOST HALF OF THEM WHETHER IT IS YOU GUYS OF WINDOWS 10 FAULT U NEED TO GET THESE GLITCHES FIXED ... VERY DISAPPONTED !

[Post New]by jbeckman01 on Mar 21, 16 12:58 PM
My froze up in the chapel also. I have windows 10. Everything else works fine except for this game.

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Fear for Sale: The House on Black River Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by rix044 on Mar 21, 16 4:33 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Game froze in the chapel cannot do anything at all it just doesn't respond! Until then I have really enjoyed the game. Now I am just NOT HAPPY!!!!
I am using MS operating system Windows 7

Edited on 03/21/2016 at 4:35:08 PM PST

[Post New]by ldclem on Mar 21, 16 6:03 PM
Game frozen in Chapel. Using windows 10with all drivers updated

mar39
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by mar39 on Mar 21, 16 6:34 PM
shelterhill wrote:I'm not stuck in the chapel, won't even get there, I'm tied up, should free myself with something sharp, but don't have it, can't move at all... Help!

You need a cup shard to cut the ropes.

I'm waiting for a patch or something to play again. I'm not starting from the beginning under another name at this point. If it were 30 minutes in, I might.

mlorna
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by mlorna on Mar 21, 16 6:57 PM
Stuck in the chapel part of the house the same as many other people. Using Windows 10.

[Post New]by 31gamer31 on Mar 21, 16 8:12 PM
same as many others. Game freezes in Chapel. If I have to start over to resolve this issue, then this will be the last game I buy, after being a game club member for many years. What a rip-off!

Mouse381
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Mouse381 on Mar 21, 16 10:24 PM
I am having trouble with the Puppet Dolls in Sofia's room. I keep getting the same message when trying to put the clothes on the dolls," They're a bit underdressed. Let's get them all dolled up." But the clothes just float back while giving the same message. Cannot advance from here.

Playing on OS Windows 10.

Go to: