Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

Re:Virtual City comments and reviews

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Feb 16, 10 11:03 AM
Fully agreed, Valuna.

If the question would be: What is your nr. 1 game of 2009?
Vitual City would be it for me; far ahead of nr. 2.

l still like to play it.

. . . .

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 5, 10 12:18 PM
ebbalytle wrote:When I got to these levels with the emergencies, the first thing I spent my money on was the building that can handle the emergency type... example: for fires, build a firehall; for sickness, build a hospital. Then upgrade, upgrade, upgrade those until you have 16 emergency vehicles handling your problem. That way you can concentrate on other things and the fires and sicknesses are handled for you. You may have to put a few fires out or heal a few people on the first wave, but you should have your emergency building in place before the second one. The best advice? Don't panic. Just get the buildings into place and let them do their job.
I'm up to the first city in Michigan (the 4th of the 5 states included). I concur with all the above other than upgrading. Except in the level where the Goals specifically include handling three waves of fires (somewhere in California, natch!), I have NOT yet found any use in upgrading either the Hospital or the Fire Station. 4 helicopters each have always been enough to reach Expert time--eventually. I'm not sure if I've made Expert on my first attempt in 1, 2, or no cities, but it certainly hasn't been many!

In case anybody cares: I've been making Expert (and getting the gold to spend on upgrades) by going overtime to work out the best method, carefully not achieving the last goal, and starting over until I do get everything done within the time limit.

Edited on 04/05/2010 at 12:23:05 PM PST

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Apr 5, 10 12:20 PM
loudlife wrote:Lastly - how in the world do you get 100 vehicles??? I just keep getting the "Garage is full" message. I've been moving trucks all over the place to fill orders.
I'm convinced the poster who said you have 100 vehicles was confusing the Sandbox with the campaign game. You NEVER have that many vehicles anywhere but the Sandbox.

[Post New]by lilsaphire9 on May 17, 10 6:13 PM
hi i am having problems with New York 8- Malone level i have done all the tasks except the last one is to connect aLL bus stations and i have been here for over an hour and swear that i have all of them????? can anyone help at all, i REALLY appreciate it.

Game glitches

[Post New]by le_singe on Jun 14, 10 12:08 PM
I've read through the forums and don't see anyone mentioning the problem I'm having. I'm on the first California level and things aren't working. I'll start the level, and at some point (either right after starting or after a few minutes) the time clock goes bezerk with some weird negative number and I the game locks up. The music loop runs but I can't do anything in the game. I had this problem on previous levels, but eventually switching to windowed mode seemed to fix those. Now it's back, and I can't get it to stop. Horribly frustrating, and feel like I got suckered into paying for something that doesn't work.

I've tried the previously mentioned Java fix. My java environment is up-to-date. I'm glad it seems this was only a waste of $7. I'm assuming the response will be, "it's your computer." But I don't think that's the case. Just wanted to throw this out there to possibly save people some cash, or at least make them think twice.

Glitch figured out

[Post New]by le_singe on Jun 14, 10 12:15 PM
I posted too soon. I've figured out that it seems to be my dual monitor setup that makes the game go wonky. So, I guess I'll have to either disable my second monitor move this game to a new system? I'm a bit disappointed that this wasn't resolved during pre-release.

I guess I'll keep working at this.

[Post New]by Mystic16Mom on Jun 15, 10 4:53 PM
I loved this game. I was so disappointed at first, just thought it wasn't what I thought it was. Too my surprise, I found I really liked it. I bought it a couple of months back and have really been missing it. Is there any other games out there like this? I am more a Hidden Object player, but every 3 or 4 months get a hankering for a time management game. Any suggestions are appreciated. I have played this game through, then went back and tried until I got expert on all levels. Very good game.

[Post New]by coloredfeathers on Jul 17, 10 1:24 AM
Axelina wrote:I'm in Montana and the Deer Lodge and I can't reach the goal: income 3500. I've reached 2700 but then it went down to 1400. I've upgraded every one of my buildings and veichles. Help me please.

I am having the same problem here. Been stuck for ages. don't really know what to do and it's been ruining my game. plase help!

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 17, 10 8:36 PM
Excellent and challenging game. I fully expected this to be a cheap knockoff of Sim City or similar to Build a Lot or one of the other building games. Not at all. This game is more about keeping the city's production lines open - meaning you are dealing with raw products all the way through production on all sorts of products. You do get to build homes but that is not the only focus. You must arrange for transport of materials from one factory to another, for people to various entertainment avenues (mass transit), clean up after earthquakes, tornados, the scenarios have all been quite fun to play thus far. Demoed & bought. Hour flew by and after it ended, I played for another 2 hours. Really enjoyable and different from other games I have played. Strategy is definitely involved - much in the same way as My Kingdom for the Princess - you have to think ahead to what cause & effect your moves will bring about and decide where best to invest your time, effort, money at any given moment. Great game and hopefully they will follow up with a sequel!

[Post New]by virtualpj on Sep 17, 10 7:53 AM
stuck on level 1 ! can't believe it.
tunnel vision - have enough money to upgrade everything an fix tunnel
but have no way of building saw mill paper factory etc.. as they dont exist in my build menu
but i have them in y r and d box
help !

[Post New]by fulhamfcboy on Sep 20, 10 2:46 AM
Hi, Im stuck on exactly the same level, tunnel vision 1-9. I get no option to build the saw mill! How do I get around this? Ive tried everything!

[Post New]by bigellmo on Sep 20, 10 12:47 PM
Same problem. Got the game on iPhone 3gs. Help?!?

[Post New]by Edushi on Oct 19, 10 3:45 PM
coloredfeathers wrote:
Axelina wrote:I'm in Montana and the Deer Lodge and I can't reach the goal: income 3500. I've reached 2700 but then it went down to 1400. I've upgraded every one of my buildings and veichles. Help me please.

I am having the same problem here. Been stuck for ages. don't really know what to do and it's been ruining my game. plase help!

I had the same issue, but solved it. Bought total of 4 buses and upgraded them all.
Builded 5 mediumhouses near the busstation and made a bustation with 5 medium houses at the left three small houses. Upgraded all the houses. Two dumpsters with only 2 stars. And i had just enough income to finish expert.

[Post New]by jaggedbill on Jan 9, 11 4:35 PM
MNHawk wrote:TOO MANY BUGS in the game at this point to even bother buying. NOT to mention that support wont happen via Big Fish / Big Sea games. I have run into one too many games from here that have been seriously bugged or just crap out on you before you get to finish it.

Honestly they need to stop pushing these games out so freeking fast and work on quality not quanity. Its bad enough that our cars/trucks and other needed every day items are done that way. Our games should be different so that we can have something to enjoy durring our down time due to everything else is built so cheaply it never last.

Stop building to recycle and build it to last

Ya, its a sad story in a long line of sad stories. There's too much competition for the next gimmick quickly produced. We've sold out too easy. Keep all our products strong.

PB2010
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by PB2010 on Jun 25, 11 9:31 AM
The best time management game I've ever played. I hope that VC2 isn't far off. G5 released a press statement at the beginning of the year with their forthcoming games and this was last on the list...but all the other games have now been brought out, so I really hope VC2 comes out soon. Will buy without try!

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 3, 11 10:49 PM
tezaber wrote:If you're tight on space, you build a bus station and a garbage bin right next to each other, then you can build houses within their working "zones" WITHOUT having to build roads around the houses. As long as a road connects with the bus stop and garbage bin, the houses don't need any road connection until they get outside the "blue zone." So you can put four or five rows of houses behind bus stop/garbage bins and really save on space
Absolutely awesome, sir or madam as the case may be! I have no idea how I failed to read this the first time thru the thread.

However, I just experimented, and it's not the bus stop at all, it's the garbage bins. And the max is three rows, but that's in each direction, including on the other side of a busy road.*

As for the early complainers who didn't get what the icons represented: If you click HELP (on either the main or the Pause menu) and choose "Product chains", you can see each of the icons with labels.** Just pick the relevant end-product from the row at the top of the display--or work thru all of them.

Same for various other things that people (rightly, perhaps) complained that the tutorials didn't cover. Everything is explained in excruciating detail somewhere in the Help screens.
-----------------------------
* This is NOT a realistic simulation. If it were, e.g., people would walk to the Mall when it's closer than a bus stop!
** First time I played the game, I sometimes wondered about the icons myself, esp. Paint and Extract. I admit I checked the Help out for the very first time today! Never really needed it, but saw a reference in this thread this time thru, and was astonished..

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Aug 7, 11 12:36 PM
GeorgeTSLC wrote:In case anybody cares: I've been making Expert (and getting the gold to spend on upgrades) by going overtime to work out the best method, carefully not achieving the last goal, and starting over until I do get everything done within the time limit.
Turns out that wasn't necessary. The game's perfectly happy to let you upgrade a silver to a gold.

[Post New]by 06081962 on Sep 17, 11 11:18 AM
I love this game and have mastered all levels, but now want more states. When will there be more states added?

[Post New]by tmeyer on Oct 13, 11 6:00 AM
Can anyone tell me the best way to do level 1-11? I cannot seem to get the happiness and tourist number high enough even with 4 hotels that are upgraded and 3 busses. I've tried 4 times now and just get more and more frustrated. Any help would be so appreciated! Thanks!

[Post New]by Patriots28 on Oct 17, 11 2:59 PM
I am stuck on 5-8 and can't figure out what i mean by sign a bus to all stations

Go to: