KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

Re:The Fall Trilogy comments and reviews

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 7, 10 6:48 PM
If you want something different that makes you think and I mean think, and you like playing games then "The Fall Trilogy" is for you. This game is literally like a maze and you have to find your way out. The clues are minimal. You have to use your mind in this game. This game is challenging very different from the norm it makes you work. The object of the game is you have lost your memory and need help in placing the pieces together, with very little outside assistance. It's a good game! A brain teaser, it tickles your mind. At first I was wondering around, then I read the clues and objectives and realized that this is a good game it makes you think. Try it again for those that gave up in this game "saying they were lost". Let me know how you make out. "Lov'in it!"

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Nov 7, 10 6:50 PM
This game is not like you regular HOG it tickles you brain with minimal assistance, you have to search and locate clues on your own. "Lov'in it!"

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 6:54:41 PM PST

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Nov 7, 10 10:03 PM
I am trying hard to give this game a go but it is way too hard for this old brain to tolerate. It is just not my cup of tea. I can figure out the mini games pretty well but it just seem to drag on and it is not the type of advernture game that I like to play. I'm glad that it was a $2.99 by because I have a feeling I am going to just let it go by the wayside. I am more into games like RTR and Dire Grove....this one to me is just plain boring and a whole lot of frustrating. My finger is itiching to hit the uninstall button and just chalk it up to a Live and Learn process.

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:The Fall Trilogy would not open

[Post New]by psylocibin on Nov 8, 10 1:19 AM
Disappointed wanted to take advantage of the sale and I just can not get it to open. Boo Hoo

Re:The Fall Trilogy would not open

[Post New]by kagome25 on Nov 8, 10 3:26 AM
psylocibin wrote:Disappointed wanted to take advantage of the sale and I just can not get it to open. Boo Hoo

that's really strange! mine worked just fine. are you sure it is not your antivirus or other program that's blocking it?

i know someone who had the same problem but configured her antivirus and after that, she could play.

try again. I'm sure it will work finally.

EnvirEng
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirEng on Nov 8, 10 1:15 PM
Just finished playing and my 'adjusted' time (for using a hint or two and playing a mini-game in easy mode) was about 3:30. Kind of wish it had been longer, but I did get the game as a DD, so no complaints. I would call it a stragety game with mini games embedded into the game play. Not much HOG.

You wake in a Mayan/Hindu/Egptian temple with no memory and you have to solve numerous puzzles to get out. Pick up useful items along the way and put them to good use. Other puzzles take place in a single location--more like minigames. Challenges varied from the very simple (match the flowers) to really hard. I had to go to easy mode to complete the one where you have to get the balls onto the stars.

Plus: I had no technical problems at all and loved the 3D scrolling. Graphics were awesome. Beautiful. Some of the mini games were very original. The developers took full advantage of the 3D setting. Be sure to look up and down for items/clues. Thought the references to Indiana Jones were cute.

Minus: Wish it had been longer. Some of the HOG items (the sticks especially) were impossible to find without using the help. A few mini games seemed tacked on (broken mirror).

Very enjoyable and visually stunning. Overall, I give the is game a B+.

Shameh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Shameh on Nov 9, 10 6:32 AM
I did not like this game. Really glad I only paid 2.99 for it. Graphics were okay, the music was okay, but the narrator is a whiner and a kind of a pain. Comments were not helpful and only stated the obvious. Wont be playing the rest of the Trilogy cause I dont really care what happens to the character. LOL

silkywings
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,043 Posts

[Post New]by silkywings on Nov 10, 10 11:30 PM
Wow I just finished the game (8h28m) over the last few nights. This is unlike any game I have played before. Hard, clever, challenging, frustrating, enchanting, clever, original and fun...well yes it is fun but sometimes it got so hard I had to stop and do something else. Objects are sometimes very hard to find and see because of the background color. I didn't go to the walkthrough until I was about 75% into the game but I did use the hints quite a bit. If I had not I NEVER would have found "stuff". I am downloading the Chapter Two trial tonight and will see how that goes.

I recommend highly but take it nice and slow. Don't rush through...enjoy the climb!

Safarri
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Safarri on Nov 27, 10 6:03 AM
Bought and enjoyed. Took me 12 hours (not non stop) I take my time and quit when frustration only to come back and solve. Walkthrough was very helpful with mirrors but, other than that, was able to complete without help. If you like this genre and a challenge, go for it.

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 13, 11 4:55 PM
This is an Adventure Game without Hidden Object Scenes

I have just finished playing this game after a recommendation from nwl43. And I have to say I loved every minute, every puzzle, and every time that fellow spoke. (my what a lovely voice, like soft velvet and dark chocolate!! Yummy)

This game is absolutely enthralling. I demo'ed it the same day that Samhain CE came out and although I bought the CE, I haven't finished it yet because I got so caught up with The Fall.

There are three levels of difficulty that you can play it, Easy, Normal & Hard. I should also add (for those of you who suffer from motion sickness), that it is a 360 degree movement, but this can be turned OFF.

You start the game after you have somehow fallen down a crevasse, and wake with no memory of who you are or how you got there, inside an Old Temple. You must then find certain objects and fulfill various puzzles in order to make your way to the exit.

The puzzles are really good, and get you 'thinking' No sitting back and just clicking on things, you have to search the temple to find them, and some of them are really well hidden. Then when you have 'found' them you have to figure out where to use them. A notepad and pen may also be a useful thing to keep at your side. You won't need it much, but there are times when you have to remember 'where things were'

And when you finally get to the exit - do you get out?

Welcome to The Fall Trilogy - Chapter 2 (which I have just purchased - watch this space!)

Kel

[Post New]by Jan714 on May 28, 11 1:56 PM
Just purchased and started playing chapter 1 ... I like the game, but it's now frozen me into the area where I picked up the jugs. I colored the scene correctly, the stone door opened and I grabbed the jugs. Bot now there's no arrows to get me out of this scene. I've clicked EVERYWHERE on the screen. I've quit the game and come back in and I'm still trapped in the same window. It won't let me out. Anyone have sugggestions?

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on Jun 24, 11 5:32 AM
Where have I been??? Never saw or demo'd any of this series. I gave the demo a try because #3 was the new game. Had to purchase this one.

The graphics were great and a great storyline. This game was well worth the money and sure got my time worth. Cant wait to purchase #2 and #3.

Happy gaming to all fishies

alilona
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by alilona on Jun 24, 11 7:59 PM
This is by far the worst game I have ever tried. The graphics were lovely, but the game play was awkward, repetitive and far from intuitive. Any game where I have to consult the walk-through a half dozen times within 20 minutes is not just too difficult, it is poorly done. I will not be purchasing this game, nor attempting its sequels. Frustration factor 10/10 Enjoyment factor 1/10

cullettwo
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by cullettwo on Jun 25, 11 7:28 AM
Thank you Alilona (?) for your comments. I agree. Most of the time I spent playing this game was trying to use the awful walkthrough. I say awful because the pictures that were used there were small, could not enlarge them, when items were to be used (the giant statue), no notation as to what they were or where they were to be placed, the "English" was garbled and hard to understand. At the end of the game, I was trying to just finish the game to be able to exit, only to be told that I should try again to increase my skills and decrease my time. No thanks. Sorry that I bought this one.

OZIOYOYOY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by OZIOYOYOY on Jul 3, 11 7:23 PM
ANOTHER GAME THAT DIDNT OPEN,WHAT;S FXXXXN WRONG,PLEASE SOMEONE HELP.

PTSuusje
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by PTSuusje on Jul 9, 11 5:06 AM
Sorry, didn't much like this one. Awkward to get about with the up, down and round about directions, don't like the scenes so dark either. Main character a bit of a moaner, although the hints he gave were OK. But just as I was getting going and got out of the temple after a couple of hours the game finished! That's all there is, and I thought I was on the first level and about to progress. Very disappointing.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 2:52 PM
This game is a great adventure HOG, full of interaction and nice graphics, I spend a while playing this one.

I also found it to be quite challenging.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Aug 8, 12 12:03 PM
My husband and I make a good team on this type of game. It was hard work, but yet compelling enough for us to keep going. Sometimes the hint button was on, but in a few critical places, we had to find the answers ourselves. We did use the walkthrough 3 times towards the end of the game. I guess our brains were worn out! We're looking forward to #2, but will take a break and play some less intense games before we return to Trilogy 2. I commend the developers for giving us several options to fit our preferences, e.g. 360o or not; casual or hard game, etc.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Sep 13, 13 5:34 PM
I was never so glad to have this game end!

The game seemed to have a claustrophobic feeling to it. You're stuck in this pit and one by one find various other rooms (which are easy to get lost in). There is a map, but it's not interactive (pretty much resembles a child's drawing).

I didn't like having to use arrows to go right/left/up/down. Very confusing and repetitive.

The worst thing was the correct placement of the mirrors. I went through the walkthrough online twice and couldn't get them pointed in the correct positions. I finally printed the darn thing and went frame by frame. Was so frustrating, but I really wanted to finish the game and knew that I was close to the end.

I did find the graphics beautiful as was the music. However, that about all of the positive feedback I can give on this game.

I will not be buying Part 2.

omoomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by omoomo on Dec 9, 13 10:48 AM
I too will NOT be buying part 2 did not like it at all do no reccommend it

Go to: