Comments and Reviews

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by bratzgram on Sep 24, 10 12:39 PM
I bought this game due to all the great reviews. I am not sorry in the least but I do want to give some of my thoughts on it.
I love the fun part of this haunting. Much lighter side to what I usually play. Very different. The problem I ran into was that it becomes quite repetitive and some of the scenes are all but impossible to find objects in. Some of the scenes are to dark or foggy for this small of objects. Thanks for the hint, although it does recharge really slow.
At first I thought the mini games were great but then some of them are just way to simple.
Right now I am waiting to be able to play the ending because it stalled and I can't get it to finish loading. Quite frustrating!
One really great selling point? It is a long game! You do get your moneys worth as far as length goes.
There are many pros to this game. Mainly the fact that it is so different. The cons may just be my personal preference. All in all I would definitely buy it again.

TnTexas
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by TnTexas on Nov 3, 10 2:49 PM
Overall Impression: a fun, quirky game - although since it's pretty much a straight HOG, it could get a little tedious at times

Media Description: The scenes were crisp and clear for the most part, maybe just a tiny bit fuzzy every now then (or that could have just been my eyes). The colors were nice and bright in most of the scenes. There were a handful that were a bit darker, but they were taking place in the basement and cellar so that was understandable. Even those weren't as dark as they could have been.

Storyline: Ok. Some of the ghosts had funny background stories. The main storyline was a bit predictable but served to hold the HOG scenes together. The ending felt a tad bit abrupt.

Gameplay: pretty intuitive - broken up into chapters consisting of 4 different rooms (a main one and three branching off of it) - solved a riddle after searching all the rooms then played a minigame to help put the main spirit for that section at rest

HOG Scenes: a cross between simply busy rooms and junkpiles. If you have the patience, they're usually easy enough to do with only a hint or two. A ghost scares you if you have too many misclicks.

Minigames/puzzles: Some of the minigames were difficult for me; others weren't. All fit within the storyline and could be skipped if you wanted.

Hints: unlimited, but a tad slow to refill

Will Probably Appeal to: those who like quirky games and/or straight HOGs

Will Probably Not Appeal to: those who don't like straight HOGs or things to do with ghosts

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Jan 6, 11 3:27 AM
Came across this game by "accident" in the chit-chat corner. Downloading, a credit is still burning my pocket.....

[Post New]by MeauxJeaux on Jan 24, 11 6:07 AM
I am coming late to the party it seems. I saw this game mentioned in passing in another BF forum, and I decided to check into it.. Boy am I glad I did!

It is refreshing for a change to find a "ghost" game with a sense of humor! It makes the kid in me smile! I started giggling when the loading screen started, and giggled through the whole first room of play!

Good job guys! I see there is a sequel.. any idea when BF will pick that up, or if they will? I sure hope so!

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Jan 28, 11 8:13 AM
Glad to here it!

Sequel is out now!

Roos53
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Roos53 on Jan 30, 11 2:26 AM
Well done BFG this game is brilliant, one of the best in a long long time, hope you keep it up .:-)

4babes4me
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
402 Posts

[Post New]by 4babes4me on Feb 1, 11 7:41 AM
I have to admit that I tried this game twice and turned it off after like 2 minutes. Then after hearing about it in chit chat corner, decided to give it another shot. Soooo glad I did. I felt this was a cute game and I absolutely love the hidden object scenes. Some games don't hold my interest all the way to the end, but this one did. Like the rhymes in each chapter, very different. I highly recommend giving this game a chance, and I'm now half way through Mishap 2. Hope you enjoy it too.

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Feb 21, 11 8:10 AM
Love, love, love it! Worth the money. Long game, but not too long.Long enough to keep you busy but not too long. It's not boring at all and you will get used to it. Had to use the "Walkthrough" about 3 times but after I got the hang of it, I did not want to cheat. It just helps you get started and what to do if you don't understand how to get around. Really helped me out! Graphics worked fine. Little bit of slowing at times, but very few. I have Window's Vista Premium Home edition and it slowed a little while my virus scan was running but that was my fault because it's so addicting, I play when my scheduled scan was running, but that's what makes us safe. Big Fish did good on this one. Read the red print before you install on the compatibility with your system! Notice it where it say's "System Requirements". You will love this game. Played it twice, once on trial version, had to restore my computer and played it again somehow, but it's worth the money! Join BFG if you have not and enjoy this game. You will not be sorry. And buy it on Big Fish. They have the best deals, games, prices, ect!! You will be pleased as I am. I don't usually comment but have been a member for years and felt it was time I started supporting my Game community!!! I don't really understand the "HOG" or "IHOG" thing but I'll Google that later. Thanks again, great job BF!

Edited on 02/21/2011 at 8:13:45 AM PST

bsbagwell
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by bsbagwell on Feb 21, 11 8:15 AM
Okay, HOG is Hidden Object Game, but what is Interactive Hidden Object Game! Am I right?

Edited on 02/21/2011 at 8:16:15 AM PST

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Feb 27, 11 8:51 AM
so much to do in one game...puzzles galore and great fun graphics and decent ****...ENJOY!!!...i am going on to Mishap 2!

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by sassybee on Mar 6, 11 7:31 PM
The most boring inane IHOG I've had the misfortune to come across. With that said, I have to admit that this is not my kind of game, tho I play a lot of IHOGS that I do enjoy. Graphics are pretty good except for all the items that look nothing like what they are supposed to be; with other items that are itsy bitsy and blend perfectly with where they are located. Hints refill excruciatingly slowly and you will use it a lot to find these items. Doors to other rooms are hidden also but not hard to find. There are 20 or more items to find for each scene which has scenes hidden within scenes. You are actually using 4 scenes to find and locate all the items in the list. You use the cursor to swing around to each portion of the room. Outside of the hidden objects, you have a device to track ghosts in each scene/room which is just like a metal detector and a beeper that gets faster as you get closer. It's a storyline of find and capture the ghosts, find umpteen million invisible objects, clear the house of these bump-in-the-night baddies, and return the home to the good guys. It's not for me but there are plenty others who find the game enjoyable. I recommend a trial run on this before buying.

IYBAKH
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by IYBAKH on Apr 1, 11 8:53 PM
What an AWESOME Game!! Unique story; colorful, clear graphics; imaginative characters; original & fun mini-games; many interactive areas to explore for HOs; fresh approach to game development -- I could go on and on! I would rank it in my 5 BEST TOP GAMES since I joined BF in 2009!! I'm ready to start Mishap 2!

A BIG THANK YOU to the PHENOMENAL DEVELOPERS AND BF!

Edited on 04/01/2011 at 9:06:41 PM PST

candybrand
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by candybrand on Feb 11, 12 8:55 AM
WOW, a lot of good reviews, that's what i be looking for , off to buy this game and for a DD, that's great, thanks fishies and thanks BF, will be back with my review after i play it

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Feb 11, 12 9:28 AM
I thought I posted to this forum a long time ago...

I found this game very entertaining and sophisticated.

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Feb 11, 12 9:32 AM
I thought I was bored with HOGS and tried this because it sounded fun,and a bit different... Yes it is HOS after HOS but my hour flew by !!!
This game is quite unique, bright ,cheerful, great graphics I love it , and all for the DD price !!!
I have purchased this game and can now settle down for some fun. Dogs walked, supper in oven.. ah now to relax... just the game for a cold, foggy february evening!

xmaseve24
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re: I lasted about ten minutes...

[Post New]by xmaseve24 on Feb 11, 12 2:28 PM
I agree it's an amusing concept and I do like the graphics but...WAAAYYY too many HOG scenes for me. And the constant, and I do mean constant "too many clicks" feature was the final blow. I don't appreciate that in any game, but especially when it's so intrusive. Some will argue that I didn't give it enough time, however four HOG scenes, each with too many objects in just the first ten minutes? Sorry, even at the DD price, no buy here.

[Post New]by jessespooky on Feb 12, 12 7:06 PM
Fun, funny, and a little bit spooky Hog with great cartoony animation and graphics! Bright scenery, not dark and dreary/foggy like most. A very nice change of pace. Quite a number of items to find, some are small or very cleverly hidden (I usually don't use hints unless I really, really, really have too and had to a couple of times). I thought recently I was getting a little hog tired but not with this one. On my to buy list definitely. Great game for kids and adults.

Charleen
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Charleen on Feb 16, 12 5:20 PM
I love, love. Love this game. It is the best game I think I have ever played and I have played on Big Fish for I think four years.....It has differnt styles as part of the game. Like three games in one.....I am so glad I bought this one will be playing this for a while

neola
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by neola on Feb 19, 12 6:04 PM
Bought this when it was a DD and am SO glad I did. It's a FUN game. Plus, once you're done with the game, you have the option of playing just the mini games, and they are something else, loads of fun and totally different from the usual HOG mini games. (I wish other devs would do something comparable with their mini games! A few do, but very few.) The graphics are delightful and the game is LONG. I usually uninstall games when I've finished playing to the end, but I'm keeping this one loaded for awhile just because of the mini games. Best $3 I've spent in ages and I suspect I'd feel the same if it hadn't been a DD when I got it. Talk about being a happy camper!

Go to: