Re:Welcome EOTD, Developer for Silverback Games!!

[Post New]by LusciousLeia on Mar 1, 10 6:50 PM
i enjoyed the game immensely.. cant wait for my monthly credit.. this will definitely be on my list to buy..

valerie68
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by valerie68 on Mar 13, 10 7:45 PM
Congratulations! I just finished the game and it is great. Don't listen to the negs; the artwork is just beautiful and the map idea is just terrific. I thoroughly enjoyed the game from first to last as it is so multilayered and requires one to travel back and forth to different sites which I love as it's good memory training. Can't wait for the sequel.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Mar 14, 10 10:10 PM
I really really enjoyed this game, The graphics were stunningly beautiful - I really wanted to BE there.

A couple of minus's though.

1. De-activating the orbs was way too easy. Most of the game had believable logic to it - but the de-activating seemed illogical, somehow. Maybe a puzzle to de-activate each one would have been more in line with the depth and difficulty the rest of the game achieved.. It was almost as though the game creaters were running out of time and needed a quick-fix ending.

2. I thought the aim of the game was to save the Ark, so I was a bit surprised that it (along with the remnants of the entire history of human civilsation) was blown to smithereens at the end!
Thats it! Everything's gone! Mona Lisa, Einsteins theories .. the lot!

Wouldn't it have made more sense to somehow lure Pandora into the pod, torpedo her out, and blow her to pieces?

Otherwise, one of the best games I've played, and if the quality is as good - I can't wait for the sequel
Well done.
Jo

[Post New]by littlegamefisher on May 31, 10 9:45 AM
Not sure if EOTD's still monitoring this thread but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It was just the right length for me, the right mix of puzzles and hidden objects, just the right pace (no click penalties, time penalties, generous hint refills), gorgeous graphics and haunting score. I agree about the end not making sense, but then, maybe the ark wasn't blown up. Bottom line is I eagerly await the sequel. I'm hoping that it doesn't die in development hell or that your company can't make a financial go of this.

I'm an old-time gamer weened on Pong, Atari 2600, Commodore 64, and later Wolfenstein and Doom. But at this stage of my life, I appreciate calming but challenging games that can be finished within reasonable time. Empress is the perfect answer. Thanks.

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Jun 2, 10 1:26 AM

Not sure if EOTD's still monitoring this thread but I thoroughly enjoyed this game. It was just the right length for me, the right mix of puzzles and hidden objects, just the right pace (no click penalties, time penalties, generous hint refills), gorgeous graphics and haunting score.

Yes. Despite coming close to completion of our next fantastic hidden object adventure (and having a 1 month old)... I always check the forums. We love reading everything people have to say. We use it to make the next one better.

Glad you like Empress. Hope you try Imperial Majestic[i]. We're burning the midnight oil putting the finishing touches. We think people will love it. I'll keep you posted on Empress 2!

Edited on 06/02/2010 at 1:34:59 AM PST

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 2, 10 3:37 AM
Oh, how exciting! A 1-month-old AND a new game to entice us with! Congratulations on the baby!

Sooooo, any news on when the new game will be available?

bunnydog
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,878 Posts

[Post New]by bunnydog on Jun 16, 10 7:22 AM
I just finished playing Empress of the Deept: The Darkest Secret. It didn't take me as long to complete as some other games, but the outstanding quality of the game more than makes up for it being a little bit shorter. I was torn between wanting to carry on with the story or spending more time exploring the scenery. The story line aspect won me over, but I intend to play again just so I can linger over the beautiful artwork.

I appreciate the variety of different kinds of mini-games, some of which can be quite challenging. The only one I didn't like was the find the difference game in the valut of war. The two pictures were not side by side. The picture that needed to be clicked on and off so that you could try to make comparisons, was just too small. In the end I just randomly clicked on the larger picture hoping that I would hit the right spot.

I am really looking forward to the sequel. There are so many questions that could be answered.... What happens when Anna surfaces? Was her sister killed? What about the empire that Anna now inherits... what is it like? Was the Ark really destroyed? The Darkest Secret can be played as a stand alone game, but "To be continued..." is so tantalizing!!

EOTD
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by EOTD on Jun 25, 10 9:21 PM
I think fans of Empress of the Deep 1 will be very happy with what we are cooking up for Empress 2! We are doing some fantastic new things and hopefully you will all get a chance to have as much fun playing it as we are making it.

In the meantime we are just days away from the first installment in a completely new series in adventure/hidden object that we hope will make the wait for Empress two a bit easier. I'll keep you posted as we get closer to launch.

As always... a huge thanks to everybody who continues play Empress and for all those who take the time to give us feedback.

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Jun 25, 10 9:32 PM
EOTD wrote:In the meantime we are just days away from the first installment in a completely new series in adventure/hidden object that we hope will make the wait for Empress two a bit easier.

Oh, nice! Looking forward to it!

The only gripe I had with EOTD was the enormous arrow that was used to navigate between scenes - it was a bit distracting.

shawk
Manatee
Manatee
4,143 Posts

[Post New]by shawk on Jun 25, 10 11:18 PM
I'm so glad you're going to have another game out soon, loved Empress! I'll be watching for your new game to come out......and waiting for Empress 2.

Go to: