D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

Re:New Mini-game. Is it doable?

[Post New]by D_NY on Jul 28, 16 8:19 AM
16 to go to reach the 75 and, honestly, was much more eager to get there when it changed to pet medalions as I'm not to the exclusive pets yet and still have the pet food crafting achievement to make. The global goal will be nice but I hope to do it between this afternoon and evening just for those pet medalions.

Nice to read that going over 75 helps towards reaching the goal too! We reach that and it might be the other foods (not simple) that I wind up crafting. Whenever a DQ asks me to craft, I craft whatever pet food I'm lowest on.

Overall, I'm happy with this one and I didn't have lots of inventory. Find button doesn't always work but sometimes it gives me the thing for a different ZZ so that works out too.

NoFishToday
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by NoFishToday on Jul 28, 16 8:20 AM
KayteCat wrote:When is the deadline? My game is off until CS finishes fixing something, and I am hoping to come in afterward to do those ZZs.

Looking at the counter clock, VS the time right now, it looks to me to be 2:30pm EST tomorrow.

lady566
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by lady566 on Jul 28, 16 8:24 AM
Just finished the 75 zz's in 2 games. Will do more later to add to the global total. Go PC team!

Kt2jdtsmom
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Kt2jdtsmom on Jul 28, 16 9:00 AM
Totally doable! Finished my 75 on iOS. Had fun going around looking at ZZ and seeing how much extra inventory I had that I could easily get rid of. At level 71 there isn't anything I really NEED, especially not medallions, so that wasn't the draw to complete the mini game ( though I do use the medallions to craft simple food). It was the challenge itself and the teamwork involved. I don't feel the need to hoard items, so getting rid of (to me unnecessary) inventory to do it was no big deal. I did get other inventory in return as others have pointed out. If I find later (when we go beyond level 71) that I needed that inventory for something...great! That means I get to actually play the game again like I did at the beginning when I had little inventory and had to wait for the HOS to recharge. Right now the iOS team isn't far into their global goal, but I know we can do it. If you don't feel like you can do 75, then do whatever personal goal you are comfortable with, but PARTICIPATE. Together we can do this, but we can't do it alone.

Ok...I'll get off the soapbox now

Solgud
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by Solgud on Jul 28, 16 10:35 AM
Done! 75+ didn't have much inventory so I had to do this the hard way but was lucky with story quests that.asked for zz items or crafted items that needed zz items! I'll keep going. I'll be adding as much as I can to the global goal for the remainder of the time

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Jul 28, 16 10:54 AM
I think some iOS players have had intermittent or constant no connections since monthly challenge.
Hoping Devs can resolve this soon, and extend time to complete this mini challenge!

Crystal ;P

Ps. Just had no connection issue, closed out game and iPAD, rebooted, backed up device. MC appears to be running fine. CP

Edited on 07/28/2016 at 10:56:25 AM PST

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 28, 16 11:33 AM
Yes, the "no connection" problem is a major hindrance in participating in any of these special events, as it is something beyond your control. And not just iOS this time. This AM the forum was full of posts from pc, too.

But thanks for the reminder that sometimes powering your device off completely & restarting helps.

Paula2408
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by Paula2408 on Jul 28, 16 11:35 AM
I'm on level 59 and with the high rate of shards & coins coming from the HOSs I feel like I can't jeopardize the little inventory I have just to get the pet medallions, or even 100 bags of food. If they restored the HOS drops to what they were before the January update, it would be fun & I would happily do it and even pay real money for gems, but not now.

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Jul 28, 16 11:47 AM
How is it going on PC and Android? On iOS we're at 304,174 out of 1,000,000 with 22h44m to go.

LillieCat55
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by LillieCat55 on Jul 28, 16 12:07 PM
PC: 165,876 out of 500,000 with 23 hours, 24 minutes to go.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 28, 16 12:09 PM
Paula2408 wrote:I'm on level 59 and with the high rate of shards & coins coming from the HOSs I feel like I can't jeopardize the little inventory I have just to get the pet medallions, or even 100 bags of food. If they restored the HOS drops to what they were before the January update, it would be fun & I would happily do it….

Paula. I so hear you & share your pain! Those blasted, stinking, worthless shards are the bane of my Castle life! What I would give to have just the shards removed from the HOS drops!!!!
I just this last week got out of level 59, so I know exactly what you're going through & what it's costing you. (Yikes!)

I debated whether to try to do this event because of the inventory-eating nature of it. But then I looked at how much inventory I had for some if the 1st ZZs - the Road Sign, the Rock Garden, the Birdcage - & realized I could do the 75 just with those 3. (What I'll do with all those Grave Blades & Bone Whips is another matter!)
Try looking at your inventory & seeing what you have a surplus of. See if you can do the ZZs that use those items. Remember, what you get out of the ZZ will be worth more than what you put in it.

[Post New]by second_childhood on Jul 28, 16 12:15 PM
For those of us on lower levels, how about a murderer's eye swap? Only takes one for the chest now thank you dev's. All the items returned from the chest can be sold for more than the 30 coins to gift one to your friends once you've used all of yours - although I won't be selling any strangled rubies ).

We'd be working toward the goal, helping those with just a few zz's and ending up 10 coins ahead every time. Not sure how to put in my name ... murd eye swap?

Aurora378
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Aurora378 on Jul 28, 16 12:37 PM
I was 30 short, so I spent $5.00 to buy some diamonds, visited the six ZZs at the front of the Castle that only require 1 item to complete, kept the Demon's Eyes and Strangled Rubies and sold the rest. It helped to pay for the next ZZ I was about to open! Haven't spent any real $ since the update in January so I did my bit so BFG could get paid a little something for all the effort they put in. Love playing MC!

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jul 28, 16 12:41 PM
Aurora378 wrote:I was 30 short, so I spent $5.00 to buy some diamonds, visited the six ZZs at the front of the Castle that only require 1 item to complete, kept the Demon's Eyes and Strangled Rubies and sold the rest. It helped to pay for the next ZZ I was about to open! Haven't spent any real $ since the update in January so I did my bit so BFG could get paid a little something for all the effort they put in. Love playing MC!
"That's the way to do it!!"

LadyLeigh
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLeigh on Jul 28, 16 12:58 PM
Playing on iPad and did finish 75, but, of disconnect problem, had to do an extra 20 to get the 75. I keep losing inventory with unexpected shutdowns.

Watrewoman
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Watrewoman on Jul 28, 16 1:07 PM
Just did another 75 extra on my PC game. I hope this helps, but the total is not looking too good at the moment . I sure would like that extra 100 pet foods, and I know the newbie players definitely would!

[Post New]by Lambchop_1 on Jul 28, 16 1:14 PM
Have gotten the 75 zz's in both my games and am slowly adding extra as I do the rounds.

As my games are only at level 40 & 50 respectively, I'll take the 100 bags of food. Some of the best pets use simple food and give back gold chests. Any players at the lower levels could certainly use this award.

[Post New]by Catlover612 on Jul 28, 16 2:02 PM
This mini game is totally doable, especially for the level 71 players. I finished it it no time, and am half way there to doing it twice, working on helping the global goal.
I hope the progress meter moves up a little faster- those bags of food would make my pets so happy
Playing on iOS

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jul 28, 16 2:06 PM
Thank you, everyone who is going above & beyond to get us to the goal!!!!
I'm going to see if the game will let me back in now do I can finish my 75. (Yes, I've had the recurring "no connection", ad nauseum!)

12earth45
Clownfish
Clownfish
885 Posts

[Post New]by 12earth45 on Jul 28, 16 2:32 PM
Yes! One reason I am doing extra ZZ, hoping all can do at least enough to gain the global reward! Plus "finding"
All
Those ZZ I have forgotten about!
Hoping players connection issues are resolving!

Crystal ;P

Go to: