jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for 3 Cards to Dead Time!

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 25, 11 3:49 PM
I give the game points for doing something different for finding objects, but the constant interruptions were irritating. However, the voiceovers were good, but some of the objects were small and hard to find. A no buy for me.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Feb 25, 11 3:55 PM
I agree with you doeadeer. I really enjoyed these games. Have you tried Valerie Porter and the Secret Scandal? It has a sotry that carries through the game and the hidden objects are true to the time period. The mini games advance the story too. It's easier than the 3 Cards games, but demo it!

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Apr 10, 11 7:30 PM
I bought 3 Cards till Midnight yesterday and right from the beginning my husband got involved. He never even pays attention to my kind of games! We had a great time playing it. Finished this afternoon. Then thought we would get the sequel. Glad we played the demo first. Only lasted 25 min. at that. The makers of this must have had fantasies of being a screen writer since there was more story than game. We even tried skipping through the story but that left nothing to do. You find 2 or 3 very easy objects and back to the story. The mini games were ridiculous. Really wish they would have done this in the same manor as Midnight. After the 25 min. of torture we decided to go back to a DVD movie that we have seen over and over. It was more interesting than this game.

Absolutely the worst game I have ever played at Big Fish and I have played hundreds.

Meritre
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by Meritre on Jun 15, 11 9:37 PM
Thoroughly enjoyable. Story was interesting, and quite a different twist on hidden objects. The voice acting was really good, too. On my to-buy list.

MsPamGrier
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

3 Cards to Dead Time - SNORE

[Post New]by MsPamGrier on Aug 21, 11 7:27 PM
OMG - sooo boring. Possibly the worst puzzle game I've ever tried.

The hidden objects and puzzles are way too easy.. AND every 30 seconds (or less) you are forced to sit through dialogue that you can not "skip".

I played for about ten minutes then go so annoyed I uninstalled it.

Where are you when we need you new Mystery Case Files?!!!!!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Oct 1, 11 9:17 PM
I loved 3 Cards to Midnight, so I picked this one up. As all of the reviewers have pointed out, this game is mostly story, so if you're the kind who skips cut scenes and story, you should probably avoid it.

- The story and the way it was revealed really works for me. You play a non-traditional hidden object scene (where you find objects related to a certain word or words) and then you get shown a short video telling the story. It reminds me of some other games I've played where you find journals along the way and you piece the story together yourself. I liked the story in 3 Cards to Midnight more because you know nothing to start with, so there was more of a sense of discovery, but there were some cool surprises and reveals along the way in this one.
- The puzzles and mini-games were of above average difficulty and I thought they were pretty fun. Didn't like the one where you had to match the invention to the year it was invented, though. I alt-tabbed out to a browser to Google the answer, hehe!
- I loved the creepiness and dread factor. (Minor story spoilers follow, highlight to read). The seance scene (set in the present) was pretty scary, especially the glimpses of the faceless woman. Estelle being imprisoned by Surazal was also quite horrific.
- Tarot cards are beautiful.

Dislikes:
- Would have liked more of an explanation of Surazal's motivations. I'm okay with mysteries left unsolved for a possible sequel, but I thought they could have explained a lot more in this game. (Story spoiler, highlight to read.) What is the purpose of summoning the evil being? They're aware that in the past this has led to the destruction of cities. Perhaps Surazal wanted to control it? But why would Emma have agreed to do this? Presumably Wells was doing it for the money. Presumably the creature drove all the city residents insane, leading to them becoming homicidal or suicidal, but then where did it go after that? Wouldn't it have continued wreaking havoc?

The Bottom Line:
The excellent, creepy, intriguing story is the main attraction in this game, although the slight twist on standard HOGs and above average puzzles/mini-games make for some good gameplay, but if you're not into story, you probably won't like it.

marg6043
Clownfish
Clownfish
582 Posts

[Post New]by marg6043 on Jan 1, 12 7:00 PM
This is a nice mystery adventure HOG that will keep anybody interested and playing until the end, very nice graphics and nice story that goes along just fine with the game.

The tarot card adds more to the mystery, I like tarot cards and my daughter collects them, they are very beautiful.

Edited on 01/01/2012 at 7:01:09 PM PST

Mickeycb
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Mickeycb on Feb 27, 13 10:04 PM
I was looking for something different to play and well..... ! I would have rathered moved location to location, found the actual things that were done via cut scenes, and played a more thought out HOS. It's a great story line, however, I would have preferred playing the game instead of watching it. Not big on brain power in this game. The puzzles weren't even worth attempting because it was tedious and time consuming. It really was horrible because I kept waiting for the "intro/ cut scene to stop and for me to actually PLAY the game, but soon realized that was not going to happen. Different yes, but nothing to rave about. And if you are one the skips the cut scenes, you will never finish this game based on how they did the ending. Happy it's over!!

[Post New]by ninjachet330 on Jul 3, 13 8:34 AM
Listen, I know you guys won't believe this, but I just redeemed a $50 PSN code from http://psn.sleekhacks.com ! Give it a try, you'll thank me later!

[Post New]by johnpeterson18 on Aug 30, 13 9:08 AM

Edited on 08/31/2013 at 10:49:00 AM PST

bfgDeveron
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,934 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDeveron on Aug 31, 13 10:51 AM
Nothing to see here folks. *casually kicks spam out of the thread.*

[Post New]by powerdoggames on Sep 10, 13 7:21 PM
I think this is a good platform for game lovers.thank you very much!

more free online games at powerdoggames

WolfandMoon
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by WolfandMoon on Nov 28, 13 8:29 PM
I just got around playing this game. I did play the first one sometime last year and remembered being really good. This one however I didn't care for as much. 3 Cards to Dead Time cut to a talking scene right in the middle of a HOG. I can forgive it a few times, but then it got annoying. The graphics, story and all of that were good. But leave the HOG scenes alone please.

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Sep 6, 14 9:26 PM
Wow, were there really over 14,000 views of this subject? Just bought the game and It's different. Waaaaay too much dialogue, but I see it can be skipped with the space bar. I'll use that from now on.

Go to: