gudrun_se
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Post any Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua technical issues here only

[Post New]by gudrun_se on Mar 11, 10 5:34 AM
blaurita1 wrote:Follow the direction on removing and redownloading the last update still same problem in chapter three you need 24 totem but after collecting 12 there are no other totem.

you have to create a new profil i think

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 11, 10 11:01 AM
I created a new profile after downloading and the game froze up before I could listen to the answering machine in the first scene.

It has been a while since I have seen a game this picky.

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 11, 10 11:38 AM
And then it started dropping assets. I was looking at a pair of speech balloons having a conversation with no people present.

HOGger
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by HOGger on Mar 11, 10 7:01 PM
Hi All

May I know if it's ok to download the game now? I just completed the trial and kinda liked the game. Thinking of buying it but saw all the posts about technical glitches. Didn't have time to read thru all, so hope someone can give me an "OK" to proceed with the purchase.

Many thanks!!

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Mar 11, 10 7:58 PM
I only had the demo installed but had not tried it yet. The game manager said there was an update so I did the update. Then I tried to play.

Game would barely run, ran so slow I could hardly do anything, by the time the ferry got to the island (first part of game) there was no sound and I could barely move the cursor at all.

I'm running Windows XP and have no problems with any other games.

This game is taking up a huge amount of my computer space and it won't run, I'm not that interested in it to fight this battle. Maybe in the future if they ever rebuild it so it's working for more people, I will try again, but for now, I'm trashing it.

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 11, 10 8:01 PM
HOGger,

Maybe someone who had luck loading and playing the game could give you an OK, but I can't.

My system is an XP Pro SP2 with a 2.17 GHz Athlon, I GB RAM and a 512MB GeForce 7600 video card and it doesn't run the game well at all. Yeah, the system is old, but it's well beyond the required specs.

That said, if someone is running it with no problems, perhaps they would be kind enough to disclose their system specs. Then, maybe, everyone could zero in on what this game really needs to run successfully.

Edited on 03/11/2010 at 8:07:16 PM PST

gudrun_se
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gudrun_se on Mar 12, 10 2:13 AM
MrLipid wrote:HOGger,

Maybe someone who had luck loading and playing the game could give you an OK, but I can't.

My system is an XP Pro SP2 with a 2.17 GHz Athlon, I GB RAM and a 512MB GeForce 7600 video card and it doesn't run the game well at all. Yeah, the system is old, but it's well beyond the required specs.

That said, if someone is running it with no problems, perhaps they would be kind enough to disclose their system specs. Then, maybe, everyone could zero in on what this game really needs to run successfully.

Hello MrLipid!
I have a laptop with centrino processor 2Ghz, 2Go memory RAM and an old nvidia graphic card.
The game runs well and I have no issue. Maybe it's strange, but I think it's because I only had on my computer the last version of the game.

[Post New]by guliramsamsam on Mar 12, 10 2:18 AM
HOGger wrote:Hi All

May I know if it's ok to download the game now? I just completed the trial and kinda liked the game. Thinking of buying it but saw all the posts about technical glitches. Didn't have time to read thru all, so hope someone can give me an "OK" to proceed with the purchase.

Many thanks!!

I think it's ok. It looks like the first update was bad, but the second one, (the version you have) is ok

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 12, 10 5:34 AM
gudrun_se wrote:

Hello MrLipid!
I have a laptop with centrino processor 2Ghz, 2Go memory RAM and an old nvidia graphic card.
The game runs well and I have no issue. Maybe it's strange, but I think it's because I only had on my computer the last version of the game.

So how would someone who may have had the bad version of the game get the good version? (I wonder if I actually did get the bad version. I bought mine on March 10 and have redownloaded multiple times after that. Or do the effects of the bad version, once installed and deleted, linger on... )

Part II

Got an update notice this morning. Downloaded it and it made no substantial difference. Transitions seemed faster but audio remains broken.

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 6:39:00 AM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 12, 10 1:35 PM
So far, all the updates have had no effect. HOWEVER. ULose released it today, and I am trying it there. If it runs from there, and not from here, then I can only assume it is either the games manager or DRM. I will let you all know if it works. I will say that I have yet to have a game from over there - including LFAs - fail to run. Hope this will not be the first...

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Mar 12, 10 3:18 PM
I'd played 30 min of the original release and no problems. The next day there was an update and I installed it and tried to finish my demo. The sound is all choppy, stuttering or whatever you wish to call it. After reading through this forum I decided to wait to buy the game. In the hopes, that it had been fixed I used a game coupon and bought yesterday but didn't play. When I did I changed my user name. I updated the version released today and the sound is still not fixed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing seems to help. I have to say this is the 1st time I've ever had any technical issues or errors when playing a game on . I'm sure is doing their best to get all issues resolved. I'll just have to keep checking the forum before trying to play this one again.

Edited on 03/12/2010 at 3:29:58 PM PST

reclusive
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,169 Posts

[Post New]by reclusive on Mar 12, 10 3:57 PM
After reading PhatKhat's post, I also went to uLose and downloaded the trial. The sound issue is the same in their download. As for other issues people have mentioned, I just can't get past the sound to play any further.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 12, 10 11:05 PM
Well, I finally got to try the demo, and it pretty much worked okay for me. There was voice acting in the intro, but none after that. Don't know if there is supposed to be, but I really don't care. The subtitles are fine. The music and sound effects play.

The only glitch I had was at the first totems. I clicked on the broken one, and the game locked up. Once I started up again, though, I had no more problems. I played chapter one, and got into chapter two. Will play the rest of it tomorrow.

But why can I play the demo from uLose, and not from here? Is it DRM? The game manager? How is the game changed here?

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 13, 10 1:12 AM
GH has now released this game as well. They have placed a warning on their site that you must install Visual C++ before you download the game. I know there has been some problem with doing that through the popup here, but GH has posted the links for the download directly from MicroSoft for both 32 and 64 bit systems.

I have not done anything with their (GHs) demo - since the demo I downloaded from uLose is working okay, I think I'm just going to go ahead and buy it there. But it might be worth a try to uninstall the game again, download the C++ and then redownload the game and see what happens.

SolarEclipse
Minnow
Minnow
230 Posts

[Post New]by SolarEclipse on Mar 13, 10 4:23 AM
I read the info about the C++ on GH also and downloaded it and it did help my computer, but not with this game. I tried downloading the game from another site and it was the same problem for me. Thus far, it has ONLY worked on my laptop that has 2GB of memory. My desktop has 1GB and it just won't work.

I'm still thinking that you might need 2GB of Memory to run this properly. Or it's something else. Because my laptop and desktop are identical except for the memory basically. The only other thing I can think of is the processor. My laptop has an AMD Athalon dual-core 1.7 GHz and my desktop has a Pentium IV processor 3.0 GHz.They both have ATI 256MB video cards.

I can't narrow it down. I've run out of options.

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 13, 10 7:43 AM
I am thinking it is more and more likely that the game needs 2GB of memory.

While there are differences among the different download sites' versions, successful installs all seem to take 2GB.

Which is a heck of lot more than its recommended specs.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 13, 10 8:43 AM
I have 3 GB RAM, which is all my system can truly utilize. I'm running an AMD 64 2x 32 bit, with integrated NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a graphics cards (1.2 integrated RAM) on a new ASUS mobo. I could not run the game - even with all the fixes - from this site. When I got it from uLose, I've encountered only one small glitch in the prologue. I will watch other forums before I buy it...

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Mar 13, 10 9:01 AM
The C++ redistributable is essential to the game running well.

It is also highly recommended that you install the C++ package, shut down, reboot, and then do a fresh install of the game. That way, the C++ stuff fires up and the system environment is ready for the game.

And this seems just loony for a consumer product.

Maybe there should be a new list with each game that includes the vital software (.Net, C++, Visual Basic, Java, specific codec, etc.) that must be installed and the system rebooted PRIOR to installation of the game to have the game function properly.

[Post New]by karikitten on Mar 13, 10 9:47 AM
Hi,

I am using the Mac version. I think it did crash once or twice, but my big problem right now is the "watch the birdie" mini-game. The bird that goes in the middle spot will NOT anchor, so I can't solve the puzzle... I've downloaded and re-installed and it's acting the same...

[Post New]by dmthomp on Mar 13, 10 11:02 AM
Playing the Mac version of this game. Get to the bird shadow game in Chapter 5 and no matter what I do am unable to place the birds on their shadows -- one just will not "snap to". Game has crashed on me at least 5 times while trying to make this work. How do I resolve this?

Go to: